XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Sony "No more PS4 games, see you at PS5 launch"

Post by lestat »

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/pl ... 203029833/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PlayStation Skipping E3 for First Time in Show’s 24-Year History
Breaking: Sony Interactive Entertainment is not attending E3 in 2019 https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/11/14 ... e3-in-2019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
No conference or off site stuff either.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Sony "No more PS4 games, see you at PS5 launch"

Post by GameHED »

THey are going to kill the PS4 like they killed the Vita. :shock: Nintendo and Microsoft will merge and then force sony to quit gaming industry. And then Sega returns with Dreamcast 2 to replace the empty sony slot. Street Fighter 5 exclusive wasn't enough to crush nintendo switch. When Xbox Two arrives Sony will anounce they will develop only software for it like in the days before playstation existed. (doing what sega is currently doing by going third party)

Game industry (hardcore gaming) is shrinking and going mobile with pay to win business plan. And eventually that will be replaced with cloud gaming device where you don't own the hardware.

Blizzard is being bullied by activision.
And chinese is the future market. (hundreds of lonely men with shortage of girls who have nothing to do but play mobile versions of diablo instead of the one with skeletons in it)

I told you the doom was real. The game industry is not immortal. Once EA and Activision got lazy that is when people rebelled just like they did against atariduring the days of ET which caused the game industry to crash. Only nintendo can keep it afloat. (underpowered hardware is the key: it lets bethesda keep up with tech and gives a reason to own a pc because the graphics on the nintendo platform are bad enough that it forces people to have to buy certain games on it that are not possible on console. But if consoles are too up to date, it means people will buy the console version over pc for the online experience which polices hacking - trust me I have studied this shit)
All developers better off being indie. Forget these greedy bastards who abuse you. Look at what EA did to Titanfall 2 by releasing it so close to their big games? Plus they are SJW sellouts. As they collapse your future is not secure. So may as well cut your losses now. Make low budget shit for Switch then gradually build up your name again. (Make a game based on the movie Rampage which was based on the arcade game rampage)
The future is going back to the roots of what made games fun.

evidence is in the desirie of blizzard fans to play the original World of Warcraft:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... n-wow-isnt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The reason people like old stuff is because that was the golden age of gaming when businessmen didn't bully the creators into making stuff for the sole reason of it being the most profitable thing to do. It was when developers made what they were passionate for and put soul into something and it reflected in the games. Now it's just all about "how do we extract as much milk from this cow" so we are experiencing a decline in big budget games which don't respect customers.

One example is in how they put stuff into games post release that ruins the game:
This was the reason why I said "always online gaming is bad because they are spying on you to find your addictions and then working on way to exploit it." This was at a time when it wasn't popular to say that. They want to ration the fun (by creating artificial scarcity like the agenda 21 guys are doing with electricity and water prices) so that you have to pay premium money to keep having the fun. Much like drug pusher needs to keep you hooked by giving the free sample but then chargin huge price later when you can't stop. Then you go broke, and can't buy food and need to steal because the cost of the drug is too high for you to have both. This is what is happening in gaming now with diablo. The chinese outnumber you so they are puting all their best developers towards mobile gaming now!

When I say things are doomed, they are doomed. Not because I want it to be doomed but because I can sense the evil behind some of the decision. Anyway your kid will be buying these shit games in future so it will be seen as the new normal. (ie you won't be able to escape it unless the developers themselves strike or go indie) And now that feminists have come into the industry with SJW nonsense, it's only going to get worse and worse. Soon you will get participation ribbons after losing and the loser gets bonus for being bad at the game to make sure the winner loses too by handicapping them. (no more skill rewarded - it will encourage you to be bad at the game to level up quickly.)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Got everything I need to see me through this gen without buying anything else.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

We have Dreams, Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima from the top of my head, but they may be out before E3?.

PS5 launch 2020.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Ghosts of Tsushima is way out, no date was ever given for that, wouldn't be surprised to see it moved to PS5 launch.
t0mby
Cheats

Re: Sony

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:We have Dreams, Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima from the top of my head, but they may be out before E3?.

PS5 launch 2020.
GTAVI within the first year of PS5. 2021
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Not a bad generation in the end. If the PS5 does launch in 2020 that's a 7 seven hitch. Would have been better had they simply started with 1080p/60fps to begin with and MS had come out harder with 1st party games like the 360.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Sony "No more PS4 games, see you at PS5 launch"

Post by flipswitch »

Still haven’t got a 4K tv. I will wait until PS5 arrives.

Not going to buy a 4K tv now, then Pro and 4K BR player. PS5 better come with one lol.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

My PS4 Pro........Just died :cry:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding?
They're just switching to Sony Directs.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

GameHED wrote: Blizzard is being bullied by activision.
Well, that just proves what we all knew was going to happen eventually. Activision is killing Blizzard.
Another one down. :(
Four quality publishers left. Nintendo, Sony, Rockstar and CDPR.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

They're scared of Phil Spencer.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

They are gonna want to go big on the hardware side with some real beefy stuff. Microsoft clearly learnt their lesson with the one X giving a dramatic mid cycle beef up, so you expect the next full xbox to go large straight up. If either one of them had done that, they'd have decimated the other.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Froggy wrote:They are gonna want to go big on the hardware side with some real beefy stuff. Microsoft clearly learnt their lesson with the one X giving a dramatic mid cycle beef up, so you expect the next full xbox to go large straight up. If either one of them had done that, they'd have decimated the other.
Just a case of who's second out the gate really. MS launched this gen first and the PS4 ended up being a little more powerful, then Sony went into mid gen cycle earlier with MS a year later.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Sort of but the point is they both had no intention of giving us a powerful rig just one that was better but they could do cheaply and they fucked it with it. The gen started with a thud because there wasn't much excitement as usual as the hardware wasn't wowing anyone from either. This has been the most flat gen I can remember because both delivered something that didn't even do what they both promised from the start.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Froggy wrote:Sort of but the point is they both had no intention of giving us a powerful rig just one that was better but they could do cheaply and they fucked it with it. The gen started with a thud because there wasn't much excitement as usual as the hardware wasn't wowing anyone from either. This has been the most flat gen I can remember because both delivered something that didn't even do what they both promised from the start.
Advancements are slowing down, all we're seeing is higher resolutions while the technology geeks focus on words like checkerboard and terraflops. It's the games we should be focusing on but even they're not really advancing too much especially early in a new gen.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I get that but we launched this gen with games that couldn't even run the launch games in 1080p and any current games on PC at the time in anywhere close to the same detail level, it was a schmozzle. That's nothing on hardware increases, that's on designing it that way and thinking they could both get away with using cheaper components.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I think most of that is because when devs start games for next-generation systems usually the specs are subject to change so it's not like they're building the games from scratch for specific hardware. You only have to look at the differences between 1st gen games and 2nd. By the time the third gen of games rolls around developers have learnt more about the system and try to get the most out of the hardware. It's happened every gen. Look at Halo 1 compared to Halo 2. Look at Super Mario 3 and Donkey Kong Country. Or Perfect Dark Zero to Halo 3... It'll never stop.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

It will be interesting to see if Sony even have the R&D capability to beat Microsoft on hardware next gen. Microsoft compromised the Xbox One specs so that they could include an expensive Kinect in every box, and even then the PS4 only managed to represent a year's progress on that (compromised) MS design. The PS4 should have been a lot further ahead than it was.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yeah I am one of those guys that loves the hardware leaps to feel big enough to demonstrate that the games look better and smoother.

This gen is full of remasters because people wanted smoother versions of the best last gen games.

But it would have been better if they just went the expensive route, then kept the older generation alive longer for the budget gamers.

First impressions are everything. Just because nintendo can get away with it (devoted fanbases) doesn't mean the other two guys can. It all goes back to the idea that people upgrade hardware for more realism. nintendo games don't go for that, so they choose the low end. But since people buy sony and ms for tech reasons (content between the two platforms is similar) you can't cheap out on visuals since the audience are after experiences that require the tech specs to be good enough to not chug when dozens of explosion are going off at once and the game stays at smooth framerate whilst having the detailed environments. (previous generations couldn't handle it: I remember playing GTA5 going to the chinese theatre and shooting grenade launcher at massive crowds of people and the whole game froze because the machine couldn't handle it all at once)

High spec is best for sony and ms. Just extend the life of the previous gen so it is a smooth transition for those late to the party and who are on a tighter budget. Most people still have backlog of old games to get through anyway. In the long run you benefit from customers who feel like they can trust you brand.

Constantly changing things makes them feel like they got a bad deal - just make max 2 versions of console per gen:
IE 1 premium and 1 normal. The normal version should be enough to at least give stable 30fps for most games and look fine on smaller tvs, and premium is for those who want smoother framerate or best resolution they can get. If a guy with a small tv in a tiny apartment wants a console he can save some money just getting a the normal edition which would look fine on smaller screen with lower resolution. And then later wait a bit to upgrade to the premium model (as prices fall on the second hand market when the rich guys want the slimmer model of the premium version so they advertise the existing one they want to sell) by trading in the normal. The key is smooth transition to allow people of various budgets to play games. (without limiting what developers can make) Slim models which run quieter and cooler would be the final editions before the next console gen.
Too many models in one gen will just confuse people. The future I think is cloud in the home. You strap together a bunch of old games console together in a farm and duct tape them like the gamecube and wii and wii u and they merge like voltron to boost your visuals. Each one dedicated to one thing: physics, AI, effects, titty and butt jiggle animation etc. All powered by a stolen nuclear powered sub you jacked from the navy using AI to crack the codes to cause the unmanned vehicle to be your slave like the one-eye terrorist from call of duty black ops 2, so you never have to pay for electricity ever again. When robots take over, nobody will need to work as seen in WALL-E. You will just be a gold farmer for blizzard instead to buy lootboxes for your characters in games for the rest of your miserable life.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

My biggest concern for next gen is AMD.

AMD haven't made enough progress on the GPU front, nvidia is so far ahead it's quite concerning. Nvidia also threw a spanner in the works with RTX, true ray tracing is a next gen selling point imo.

I would like someone to ditch the AMD apu crap and just build a box with a separate top notch cpu and gpu. Even with Ryzen it's still going to be roughly a mid range pc spec in performance at the time of release ~150w limit.

4k gaming also eats up much of the performance gains made, even current PC gpus with 12-15TF gpus, the sweet spot is 1440p.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

lestat wrote:My biggest concern for next gen is AMD.

AMD haven't made enough progress on the GPU front, nvidia is so far ahead it's quite concerning.
I agree with the rest of what you say, BUT... the Raven Ridge APUs from AMD earlier this year handily beat the current generation of consoles. You gotta remember that this generation has budget APU hardware in there that still manages to go toe to toe with PCs of the era in terms of image quality.
While I'd love to see a raytracing generation of consoles coming up next, I doubt it'll happen.

...and I'm OK with that, given how much nVidia is charging for RTX, and the massive performance hit it entails.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

4K and 60fps should be the target for the next generation.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You'll never get 60 fps on a game like Red Dead for a console. They'll just keep increasing fidelity until you've got 30 fps. The only chances of 60 fps is PC or a Pro/X model.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Rorschach wrote:4K and 60fps should have been the target for the current generation.
FTFY
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars