Just Cause 4

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Just Cause 4

Post by GameHED »

Another game I may buy but will wait for the sale. Too many other games to play right now.

It's good to hear they listened to criticism about the framerate from the last game.
Flashy stuff should never come at the expense of framerate. The console manufacturers themselves should pressure the developers to aim for smoothness first. It's what affects actual gameplay. Then if the pc guys are not happy if it lacks in looks they re-release on tweaked engine designed for master race. (make the re-release free to those that bought original copy out of good will. With games like Red Dead Redemption 2, Spiderman and CyberPunk around the corner, it will not be easy to stick out in the open world genre these days as the bar keeps rising so your best bet is be really nice so people remember who you are amidst the crowd of samey open world games by big publishers) Lazy communist SJW may not like to hear that (we gamers are all "entitled man babies" for caring about quality as they keep saying) but that is just how the free market works. If you are not doing something superior to the competitors your best bet is work for less money, offer more value, and be kind to the buyers and above all listen to their criticisms so you can obtain feedback. (swallow that pride and pretend you are the buyer and had limited amount of money or time and had to choose between buying your game or the others out there at the time of release, then adjust what you think the game is worth based on what other games are on the market - that's what normal people have to do on limited budget)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Just Cause 4

Post by lestat »

From what I've seen, the game runs poorly on PC, visuals look worse than 3 and a lot of the destruction that was in 3 has been scaled back.

Basically downgraded to run on poor old jaguar based consoles, If you have JC3 on PC basically don't bother.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Didn't even know they were still making games for the Jaguar. Is it on CD or cartridge?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Some of us like fun games.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Which is why I rolled my eyes at comparison of far cry 2 to far cry 5.

5 felt like it was a game. 2 was a little too simmy. I'll take fun game than a tech demo any day. The refined gameplay of FC5 destroys the old simmy Far Cry 2.

It's not like we hate physics engines. We just don't want them to get too crazy if it compromises on performance in getting the job done. It's the reason you can go back to play old nintendo games and feel in control of the character. A game like Dying Light or Dead Island is still more fun than GTA5 which is superior to many games in technical stuff but feels average in gameplay.
Having said that they should always do two versions: one for the console and then later a port for pc from the ground up. That way everyone is happy.

There are a lot of good games that get panned just because they are on tighter budget. (the Metro games come to mind. Everyone seems to know about Fallout but not as much about those games)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/just-cau ... e-3-and-4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just Cause 4 has just been released on the PC and in just a day, the game has Mostly Negative reviews on Steam. PC gamers list numerous graphical issues, downgraded visuals, bugs (especially with the menu), inability to remap keys and more.
Yikes what is it this year with releasing unfinished games.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Same deal as last game, developed by different team will other dev who made JC2 develops another title ( RAGE 2)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

They need to do Max Mad 2 FFS.

I guess Rage 2 is unofficial mad max 2 lol.

Every two or so years or so I think there needs to be a car combat post apoc title. And it needs to have a MGTOW message of not wanting to save the community but having to do so because you need to loot them of something to survive while they escape being raided just in the nick of time. And you only escape by the skin of your teeth as you journey to the next town. (just like conan comics, or Ken in Fist of the North Star ie you are wandering forever, and peace is temporary until the all leaders are either dead or too drained to fight each other anymore as the resources dry up and they go back to being in gangs)

In Mad Max 2 you can hire other mercenaries to be temporarily in your team of survivalist with their own modded up cars. While the first game it was just you, the second game you get organised and form a squad of cars and they follow you around for you to store loot in their vehicles or act as support combatants. When on foot, you can fight alongside them, and they can revive you while injured. Fights can be made to be tactcal where you assign a type of mercenary to target a specific enemy while you deal with other types etc Leveling up your character can be based on a class of fighting. (ranged, melee, unconventional - call on animals while you stab them in the backs and sneak)

There needs to be a "Yakuza" of western open world games. Mad Max was the closest thing we had. Someone should take that license and make some interesting stories from it. (like the batman arkham games put a lot of love in the project. Like the first metal gear solid game, put some creativity in the boss fights so they are a lot more distinct from each other with their own weird quirks)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Some of us like fun games.
And yet you weren't a fan of the Yakuza series. :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

What? I liked Yakuza0. Just not enough to commit to the series.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Sad to see this awesome series ruined
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

lestat wrote:If you have JC3 on PC basically don't bother.
Which is what they said about JC3 if you have JC2.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Cutting back on over the top effects is a good thing. One of the complaints of JC3 at launch day was it was a choppy mess. Please look at old reviews if you don't believe me.

Come on guys you can't have it both ways. (at least pre-patch) You are going to make the creators of these games go crazy with mixed messages.
https://www.giantbomb.com/just-cause-3/ ... 4-1797443/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
#15 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (7817 posts) - 1 year, 10 months ago

Man, I had a pretty fun time with it on Ps4, but after about 10 hours the framerate became so unbearably bad I had to stop. I had hoped they would patch it eventually, but alas, I never heard anything. It's really too bad, because I had a lot of fun with the game, but when the framerate consistently gets down in the teens I have to pass. Never could convince myself to get the Pc version.
Your shit memories is what's going to make the next gen games dip to 24 fps again like Zelda BOTW. hehe If they increase te effects it will mean less busy action. If they ugly up the graphics a little, people will deliberately zoom in on textures and say they were ripped off in the detail. You can't win...It reminds me what happened with Halo. The first game was open and epic. The second game increased detail but placed you into tiny areas but with more detailed models. Then 3 went back to epic open areas again but not huge graphics upgrade from 2. I think that is what is happening with Just Cause. They can't decide on whether to please the smooth framerate fans or the physics and detail fans. I've always preferred an ugly game with smooth framerate over detailed game with choppy framerate. If a game has shallow but fun gameplay you want speed. Not laggy controls.

more info on shit framerate of JC3 here:
https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system- ... -32800998/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

patched up JC3 is another story but after looking at feedback you can understand why they sacrificed detail for 4.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Now available for free on gamepass.

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Lots of dumb fun. Enjoy.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

sweet!
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I have a spare key for Just Cause 3 XXL on Steam/PC. If anyone wants it pm me and I'll send through the key, first come first served. :)

Edit: Key claimed.