XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Valve announce CS:GO Battle Royale and Free to play

Post by lestat »

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... a966e4bab8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Valve just announced Danger Zone, "a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO's tactical gameplay where players use their wits, skill, and resources to fight to the finish." Additionally, CS:GO itself is now free to play.

CS:GO players will now be separated into two matchmaking groups: Prime and non-prime. "When you have Prime Status you are matched with other players who also have Prime Status, and Prime users are eligible for Prime-exclusive souvenir items, item drops, and weapon cases."

CS:GO going free-to-play signifies, in part, that Valve is confident in the game's current anticheat solution, delivered through a machine learning system called
VACNet.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was like WTF? When I saw this, they were able to make battle royale with the CS:GO engine???

Edit: It appears the BR mode is 20 people, matches are much faster and don't go longer than 10 minutes, which imo sounds great.

Anyways CS:GO is totally free to play now, so check it out. I wonder if this is a stab at Epic with the recent store announcements.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Valve announce CS:GO Battle Royale and Free to play

Post by Peppermint Lounge »