XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Far Cry New Dawn: Official World Premier

Post by lestat »

I guess something for you Fallout fans still licking your wounds over 76.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Far Cry New Dawn: Official World Premier

Post by GameHED »

Also don't forget Metro Exodus. (I plan to replay the first two games again with Metro Redux) The post apoc series that is severely underrated. Fallout and borderlands seem to be household names in post apoc realm but Stalker and Metro seem to get panned. (no marketing?)

Looks like the Cult leader from Far Cry 5 is returning and you play the underdog to compete with the new post apoc cults. Good idea Ubisoft. I wonder if in this they let you choose to be neutral and Hurk is he hero with his Monkey God cult and finally he gets his time as Protagonist after all the other rival religions are beaten? Or maybe they ease up on linear story and you just choose which side to be at the start of the game? (each cult has its own ending like the endings for characters in street fighter games? To get all endings you have to replay the game? You get to see things from the perspective of each faction)
At the end of the game, all 3 factions are fighting in one big battle. Halo pulled it off really well. The robots wanted order and all living being eliminated, the Elites wanted to conquer with the space pope aliens as their chief, and the Flood were just trying to breed space aids to punish the older civilisation that got too out of control. Humans were just caught in between it all. That's where I think they can further the far cry franchise where you can play from each perspective to see what the world would be like under each groups control. Everyone is out to control the world but you wish for peace and nobody believes in it because power is seductive. So you kill until you can figure out how to get it.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I could be convinced by this.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Started this over the weekend and it's excellent. More Far Cry which is good, further distinguished from previous games with base building, weapons crafting and expeditions. Expeditions are great. Once you upgrade the relevant home base area a helicopter pilot offers missions which drop you into a separate dedicated map away from the main game open world. The expeditions involve retrieving a package then eluding enemies as you make your way to the extraction point. Enemies will keep coming until you're extracted. The first expedition takes place on an abandoned aircraft carrier filled with zip lines, mounted guns, grapple points. It's fast, smooth, gorgeous to look at and fun. :up:
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I'm amazed at how good this is. It's now my favourite Far Cry game. Horatio the boar is a fine companion.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Wow, performance on my machine is dreadful, even with the new card.
Far Cry hates AMD
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End

What happened to the 2070? Performance good with my RX480 8g - 1440p 60fps with normal shadows, everything else high/ultra, TAA, FOV: 90.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Ohhhh, AMD CPU.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Yeah, it's pretty poor. The benchmark hits 103 and drops down to 58fps at ultra/high settings, but there's been big chunks of game so far that drop further than that, and the dynamic resolution thing keeps flickering about even if I'm standing still with no AI on the screen at all.
It's also really buggy. The game kept crashing during the into sequence, it took me five goes to get through it. Then the AI keeps doing all kinds of crazy shit. I had an NPC jump backwards and basically hang themselves mid conversation one time. I mean, I'm not very good at conversations, but I'm not THAT bad!
Peppermint Lounge
The End

If dynamic resolution is fading in and out while idle perhaps run MSI Afterburner or similar while in-game to check how your card is running. A GPU clock fluctuating enough will reflect in-game in the way you describe.

On dynamic resolution, I used it early in FC5 but found it too distracting. Much better to switch it off and find a performance sweet spot at native res.