:lol: brutal
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Anthem

Post by t0mby »

:lol: JBs staff are always good for a laugh, reminds me of this. Found in a NZ store.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:rollin:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Anyone still playing? At JB Hi-Fi:

Game sucks - hard pass.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Well, this is a kick in the teeth

Although, some of the comments are gold:
Yes, celebrate N7 Day in the game that had such an atrocious dev cycle that they had to cancel Andromeda's DLC to get people working on Anthem.

Thanks.
You know the game is dead when the skins cost more than the game.
"We've had no new content to release for months now, but here, pay for skins to remind you of a better game".

Keep up the "good" work, BioWare.
"Anthem players"

I hope they both enjoy them.
:fight
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I'm surprised Bioware is persisting with N7 day.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... -birthday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

We do N7 week at work and clients get right into it - though most have no idea what it means. Probably for the best.
Ambrose Burnside

Currently $4 at JB on all platforms :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bought it on PC :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I might give it another download at some point but so many other games to give time to.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Apparently small things are still happening in the game.. but the fact that they are doing a massive overhaul with the game - it really begs the question -

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE BIOWARE DOING?

They need to accept that very few people liked it. Fuck.. I tried.. but it's BORING. It's buggy. It has no SOUL. And they are going to effectively do a No Man's Sky on it? Fuck.. just let it die and get on with remastering Mass Effect or even the NEXT Mass Effect instead of trying to make Anthem NEXT.

Bioware have proven they cannot do live service. Fallen Order has proven that single player experiences are still alive and kicking and people want to play a story.. not this open ended never ending luke warm cunt dribble.

*sigh*
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

A Mass Effect game with the mobility of Anthem would be killer. One thing they did right was the flying mechanics in Anthem.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Rorschach wrote:A Mass Effect game with the mobility of Anthem would be killer. One thing they did right was the flying mechanics in Anthem.
When you look at the suits in Anthem.. they are really just reskins of Mass Effect Armour.. in fact when you really look hard.. most of the Javelin movements and even the way they use weapons is pulled straight from Mass Effect.

It's one of the things that Andromeda got very right - the fighting mechanics. They just cut and pasted most of it into Anthem but added flying..

Flying in Mass Effect though.. I dunno.. Given that the game isn't that sprawling.. in terms of its battlefields.. it doesn't really seem worth it. Plus I *think* there is some lore in terms of why they don't fly.. something about the Mass Effect tech not being able to sustain flight but super jumps and hovering was safer?
Ambrose Burnside

Just arrived in Fort Tarsis for the first time, so I've just done the tutorial/prologuey stuff, and I enjoy the actual combat mechanics.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/02/10/ant ... bruary-10/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey everyone!

One year ago, we were preparing to launch Anthem – a game that represented a big leap into new territory for us as a studio. It was an exhilarating and terrifying experience to go out to the world with something new and different, and we are grateful to all the players who have come along with us on the journey. It has been a thrill for us to see the creativity of our players in designing customized Javelins, and watching them master Anthem’s flying and fighting gameplay. I am so proud of the work the team has put into this game, and at the same time there’s so much more that we – and you – would have wanted from it.

Over the last year, the team has worked hard to improve stability, performance and general quality of life while delivering three seasons of new content and features. We have also heard your feedback that Anthem needs a more satisfying loot experience, better long-term progression and a more fulfilling end game. So we recognize that there’s still more fundamental work to be done to bring out the full potential of the experience, and it will require a more substantial reinvention than an update or expansion. Over the coming months we will be focusing on a longer-term redesign of the experience, specifically working to reinvent the core gameplay loop with clear goals, motivating challenges and progression with meaningful rewards – while preserving the fun of flying and fighting in a vast science-fantasy setting. And to do that properly we’ll be doing something we’d like to have done more of the first time around – giving a focused team the time to test and iterate, focusing on gameplay first.

In the meantime, we will continue to run the current version of Anthem, but move away from full seasons as the team works towards the future of Anthem. We’ll keep the game going with events, store refreshes, and revisiting past seasonal and cataclysm content – starting with our anniversary towards the end of the month.

Creating new worlds is central to our studio mission, but it’s not easy. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we miss. What keeps us going is the support from players like you. Your feedback gives us guidance on how we can improve, and your passion inspires us with the courage to create. I look forward to working together with your involvement and feedback towards the best possible future for Anthem.

Casey
Looks like EA is not giving up on this game, will be curious to see how this reinvention turns out.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

The trouble is even if Bioware knock this reboot out of the park, the public perception is Anthem = poo, and that's going to be very tough if not impossible to shake.

It's like No Man's Sky- by all accounts it's actually a pretty good game these days, but it's too late for that to matter- it's gone down in the minds of most gamers as a giant meme.
Ambrose Burnside

I thought No Man's Sky was very well regarded and lots of people play it these days?

No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy XIV and Battlefront 2 show it's possible, but I'm not sure if Bioware can pull it off. They should just strip out all the GaaS bullshit and make it more like Borderlands.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Not sure why anyone would touch this. By some accounts there’s a bit of fun to be had but it’s very clearly a product steeped in mismanagement, mistakes, resignations. You can’t turn around something born from so much bad will. Especially when there are much better games of this type with much bigger audiences.

Then again, buy it for peanuts now on the off-chance they pull off the near impossible.
Ambrose Burnside

I paid $4. I have no regrets at that price :lol:

If they can turn it around, that's a bonus.

But flying around like Iron Man is quite fun. I need to play it some more (which I can say about my entire collection :( )
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Same, got it cheap. If they can improve the game it's a nice bonus because there is some fun to be had with the iron man power fantasy.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:I thought No Man's Sky was very well regarded and lots of people play it these days?
TBH I don't really know what sort of player base it has these days. A couple of friends play it and say it's really good now, but in my experience most people who've heard of it at all did so in the context of its terrible launch, and haven't given it a second thought.

What happened with Final Fantasy XIV was pretty amazing (I loved the way they handled the world reset in-game), but it's the exception to the rule. I can't help but think the FF brand is much more important to Squeenix than Anthem is to EA.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

My comment was for Anthem purchases going forward as opposed to those who've jumped in earlier. The player-base is gone and many long-serving Bioware leads have resigned.

No Man's Sky. I haven't bought the game but I follow Sean Murray (Hello Games boss) on Twitter. He's an entertaining read and it's been interesting to see the effort and dedication that's gone into turning NMS around. I think when a game suffers a botched launch and the same dev team knuckles down to turn their game around it generates positive publicity and good will, albeit despite the lingering damage done. Another example of this is Dambuster with Homefront The Revolution.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

lestat wrote:Same, got it cheap. If they can improve the game it's a nice bonus because there is some fun to be had with the iron man power fantasy.
The key word there is SOME. Flying is fun for a while but then it just feels kinda slow and meh.

$4 is fucking hilarious.

The problem now is that most of us have left because there is nothing to do in the game.. except do the same strongholds over and over again. Yeah they had the Cataclysm but that was just meh inducing.

The game has no soul.. and now has no players.

By the time Bioware actually do this massive overhaul.. the next gen will be upon us.. and this game cannot recover from the shitfuckery that is its current state. So it will be likely it will be Anthem NEXT or whatever and they will expect those of us who paid to play this game to pay AGAIN for the "correct" version of the game.
Ambrose Burnside

Rainbow Six: Siege is another one that came back from a shit launch.
Ambrose Burnside

As most saw coming a mile away, Anthem 2.0 has been officially EA'd.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Glad I didn't drop that fiver on it after all.