XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Halo TMCC Master Race confirmed

Post by lestat »

If you play the game locked 60fps, everything moves consistently and looks like 60fps should, I found that running the game using afterburner frame limiter set to 120fps made the game feel smoother(perfect frame pacing), but characters and objects were still moving at a 60fps tick rate.

So 144hz/unlimited framerate support is kinda faux and yes the audio is terrible, gun sounds are muted and compressed, audio positioning is terrible, you can't hear people running up behind you, difficult to place gun shot sounds.

Also controller auto aim and bullet bending creates all sorts of balance issues, especially in SWAT.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/976730/d ... 378710857/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://steamcommunity.com/app/976730/d ... 378600301/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Fuck, I hate Windows Store so much. Trying to cancel the download because the pre-install defaults to the OS drive. Now it won't install at all. Sick of this shit installer.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The fact you’re unable to select a custom directory for MS store games like every other launcher is shit. You can select another drive but Windows will then install a bunch of system and user profile directories to the drive root. I ended up installing a dedicated HDD for MS store games.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:The fact you’re unable to select a custom directory for MS store games like every other launcher is shit. You can select another drive but Windows will then install a bunch of system and user profile directories to the drive root. I ended up installing a dedicated HDD for MS store games.
I remember when my Forza Horizon 3 couldn't sync properly and I had to re download the whole game. It's nice that it's cheap but you get such a terrible user experience.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Serious question: why are people buying it on the Windows Store and not Steam?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

It's part of Game Pass, would buy it on Steam otherwise, still might and give Game Pass the flick
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Game Pass here. The XBox Beta client is light on features but is an actual client now vs the messy Windows store. I like it.

Restarted the campaign tonight with a 60fps cap and it's a smooth experience. I'm also remembering how to play Halo. Really enjoyed it tonight. Played a Firefight round also and it was awesome fun. I'm on board now.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

A bit hard to avoid spoilers when you're playing a near 10 year old game. I'm enjoying the character Kat early into the campaign (I dated an Israeli girl once - mmm that accent) so hopped online to read a bit more about her. :|
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

2 million copies sold in 2 days. :shock:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/halo-rea ... -two-days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

what year is it etc...
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Chucked Reach on last night to see how it's travelling. Still runs poorly and sounds worse. Doesn't help that my saved game resumes during the New Alexandria mission where you hop your Falcon from building to building. It's the least impressive stretch of the game so far and looks bloody awful. Nor did it help that I came across some Hunters who sat near-motionless while I drilled DMR rounds into their backs until dead. Back on the shelf.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Just got a push alert saying Halo CE Anniversary joins TMCC on PC. So available to play now?
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Looks like it. However,
Some of the worst bugs in the game are the audio ones, which currently affect a large portion of both Campaign and Multiplayer content. Music is reported to loop or cut off incorrectly, and will sometimes even not play at all. In addition, sound effects will sometimes play at incorrect volumes, and may also glitch out or play the wrong sound effect entirely (for example, quickly firing the Plasma Pistol will cause the overcharge sound even though you never overcharged the weapon). These issues can temporarily be resolved by reloading your level checkpoints or restarting the game, but they will eventually return. In addition, it has also been reported that audio effects don't properly echo or reverb when they're supposed to, which is a problem that players can't solve in any way, temporarily or otherwise.

According to 343 Industries' support site for the Master Chief Collection, the problems with the audio are being worked on and will be addressed in a future update.
https://www.windowscentral.com/list-hal ... and-issues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Played CE up to Truth and Reconciliation last night. This is a better port than Reach. Crucially the audio is much better. Weapon sounds are front and centre instead of muffled. It’s still genuinely great fun to play. CE Heroic is tougher than Reach Heroic. I’d forgotten about the stealth sword Elites at the start of Truth and Reconciliation.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I played some CE last night too. Halo is a gaming treasure.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Glad to hear that about audio. Reach was terrible - nothing seems to balance it properly - effectively game breaking. Updated MCC yesterday so looking forward to it today.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Glad I watched DF's coverage on the latest CE. Uncapped framerate and high fps feels and looks great this time. Turned off the 60fps cap I had on Reach and it's glorious. Really loving this.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I really can't abide by the weird banding issues though...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Couldn’t download H2 to save myself. Xbox PC beta app. It would start then stop after 50mb. Says it was downloading but 0% activity until it told me to check my connection which was fine for everything including the XBox app. I restart which kicked off a tonne of Windows 10 updates, then the app just lists MCC with no pending updates. When I try to run MCC it fresh airs me. XBox PC app still has a way to go.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Have since read the fix for this situation is to use the Microsoft store to update MCC.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

MS Store update didn't work either. Anyone else having probs with this update? I tried uninstalling the game which was another clunky, multi-faceted shit-show and now I can't install the game.
The download starts, stops soon after and says check the internet connection which is fine.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Windows Store is cancer. I ended up buying it again on Steam. No issues and it ports across your game save. Waiting for Gears to come on sale again and will buy it on Steam.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

It's getting review bombed on the MS store by people who can't download it. I had a Gears 5 update that quickly stalled also and now that's unplayable too. There's no option to verify game files like every other store. Only option seemingly is to uninstall. Clicking uninstall did nothing for my MCC installation. I was swapping between XBox app and Windows Store trying to cancel pending downloads that kept starting and failing. Also when I tried to cancel an update that was hung trying to resume it warned that cancelling the update would uninstall the game? Wtf.

The solutions offered by MS support to fix the issue are long and convoluted, ultimately going so far as to boot to advanced startup and run a full OS repair.

Good thing I have plenty more to play. Bad thing is I pay for this subscription.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I gave up on Halo MCC for now but Gears 5 working again after uninstalling and redownloading all 75gb. This service desperately needs a verify local files function.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:I gave up on Halo MCC for now but Gears 5 working again after uninstalling and redownloading all 75gb. This service desperately needs a verify local files function.
I've had this happen to me a few times, my Gears 5 install just becomes corrupt and I'm unable to install patches, the only fix has been to uninstall and reinstall. Really annoying, there is an repair/reset option but it doesn't work for some of these win32 wrapper apps.