The Division 2 day one patch 90GB for disc owners.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

The Division 2 day one patch 90GB for disc owners.

Post by flipswitch »

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... ers-on-ps4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's according to a new official support page (as spotted by Game Informer) in which Ubisoft warns PS4 players who've opted to purchase The Division 2's physical edition that they should expect an 88-92GB download on launch day. "If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc," it explains. "Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it."
If this is not an error of some sort, then I’m speechless.

( forgot to include PS4 in title)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: The Division 2 day one patch 90GB for disc owners.

Post by Froggy »

90gb!! Does the disc come blank?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

It's like Spyro Remastered all over again.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

This shit is getting ridiculous. Why do we put up with it?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Seems pointless to buy physical these days, the only benefit being a cheaper price. If they have these massive day one patches at the least they can let people who buy the disc version preload like digital buyers.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote:Seems pointless to buy physical these days, the only benefit being a cheaper price. If they have these massive day one patches at the least they can let people who buy the disc version preload like digital buyers.
I mentioned this a few years ago on Gaf that we should be able to preload patches. This was after I bought Doom and there was a 100gb patch, took me 3 days to download on shitty Optus.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Finally got started on this franchise and decided to kick it off with Division 1. Will go through the story there before starting on Division 2 (I've got the Div 2 Warlords of New York expansion which apparently links back to Div 1 story and characters). Figure I'll also get to enjoy the improvements and New York to Washington contrast. I can see lestat and Rorschach on Div 2 from time to time. Enjoying Division 1 so far. I like how the AI pushes you to be a little more tactical and forces you to move. And wow, the game is beautiful.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Can you solo it?

I tried, and found the baddies to be bullet sponges and hard af and bounced off cos I figured you *had* to co-op. But now I'm thinking I just suck and should try to get back into it (after Cyberpunk), as I did enjoy what I played.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Am soloing Div 1 ok and Div 2 is said to be more soloable. You do have to take care with cover and position in this game because once you're flanked and/or have to run you'll take a lot of damage. One of my abilities deploys a turret which helps dishing damage and taking some aggro away from me.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote:Seems pointless to buy physical these days, the only benefit being a cheaper price. If they have these massive day one patches at the least they can let people who buy the disc version preload like digital buyers.
This is now a thing on Series X.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Update. Extremely glad I decided (on a whim) to install and play Div 1 campaign before Div 2. Had a blast with Div 1 and it really set up Div 2 well with story background and allows me to enjoy the refinements and New York vs Washington DC contrast. Div 1 DLC which unlocks after the main campaign is excellent and I'm glad I've got a character to play it with.

Division 2 is a great game. I'm in the endgame now and am enjoying the content. For a game of this type Division does well with its story in that I can follow it, its characters, enemy factions, their motivations etc. much better than I can in Destiny 2. Division open world activities carry more story relevance eg: public executions, control points, occupied areas. I love Division's dark zone (PvPvE). I haven't spent much time there as a solo player but when I have it's tense and fun to pick off NPC enemies. I tried to get a supply drop on my own last night but was eventually drilled. Still fun to try. It's honestly fun to just sneak around and explore. I'll be spending some more time there. Have gone with Demolitionist for my first specialization.
Ambrose Burnside wrote: 15 Feb 2021 09:27 am Can you solo it?
I've soloed the whole game thus far. There are some challenging moments but I didn't get downed once and I'm far from an elite player. If you pay attention you shouldn't get swamped. Time to kill is faster in Div 2 than 1 for standard mobs. Bosses and named elites are spongy but they're visibly armoured to their eyeballs and are mostly slow moving.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Important footnote - the game is notoriously unstable on PC. I started getting freezes after level 22 which would happen every 60-90mins. I repaired Easy Anti Cheat which improved stability but I still get the odd freeze every 3 hours or so. Yesterday I refreshed Microsoft C++ redistribulables as per a known Div 2 troubleshooting measure. No crash last night after 3 hours of play but my session last night had a couple of forced intermissions thanks to Delta03 errors (network connectivity).