Watch Dogs Legion

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: Watch Dogs Legion

Post by flipswitch »

If they can manage acceptable image quality on console, I see no issue, but they should be more open about it.

WD2 required some series grunt. I re-bought it when it was on sale after I upgraded to 1080ti/8700k, and with most of the settings at highest, ( didn’t use temporal reconstruction because the result were crap) I think I didn’t use the highest shadow quality, but at 1080p resolution(lol) I could get 60fps with virtually zero dips. At the time I was playing on a TV..

It might be the London setting ( dull, cloudy ) WD:L to me looks less impressive than WD2.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Good comparison here, next gen version offers a big jump in resolution, LOD details and the RT is a game changer.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Some info on Series S:
The Highest target resolution on Xbox Series S for Watch Dogs: Legion will be 1080p (dynamic)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Sorry for double post, but where exactly is the PS5 footage?

It’s almost impossible to find any. I want to know how well it runs.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

DLSS is so disappointing in this on PC, I've tried all the options and it still looks blurry and soft, also the performance improvement you get with it isn't huge, you go from 40-45fps to 55-60fps.

This game is weird on PC, you can get it running 60-70fps without ray tracing but as soon as you get into a vehicle it stutters and feels terrible, locking the game to 30fps is the only way you can get consistent FPS, but then it just ends up close to the next gen console versions. Watchdogs games have always been messed up like this on PC, everyone I've played has felt terrible and stuttery on PC.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Multiplayer modes delayed until next year so they can concentrate on bug fixes. Good. This week's patch:
Global

Fixed an issue that could cause longer load times when exiting to the main menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted.
Fixed an issue that could cause lost progress during Borough Uprising missions when loading back into the game.

Xbox One

Optimized game on Xbox One and Xbox One S to reduce instability during certain missions (among them "Justice for Claire") and the open world.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when scrolling through the Team tab.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Main Menu to become unresponsive when quitting the Single Player mode.
Fixed a crash that could occur while auto driving on the Tower bridge during the "Inside Albion" mission.
Further incremental optimizations made to improve game stability which improve performance and reduce crashes.

Xbox Series X/S

Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when switching between users with non-English and English text versions.

PC

Added a manual save game button to the Pause Menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause a Borough to not be liberated despite the player having completed all necessary activities.
Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.
Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted after a crash or freeze.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when one or all Operatives die.
Added CPU optimization that increases framerate on high end PCs in DirectX 12 mode.
Fixed an issue that caused the game’s framerate to drop significantly when looking at water or reflective surfaces.
Fixed an issue that could cause Operatives to go missing after the game crashed.
Fixed an issue that caused the game to become pixelated with DLSS enabled and playing on the lowest available resolution.
Fixed an issue that caused Reflection, Ambient Occlusion and Subsurface Scattering to not save their value after changing the graphic quality from Custom to Low/Ultra and back.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash under certain rendering conditions.
Fixed an issue where some players would see a “Dunia Demo” error message and be unable to launch the game.
Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.

PlayStation 4

Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if a character model was not loaded correctly.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when quitting to the Main Menu.
Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.

Stadia

Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.

Ubisoft+

Fixed missing English localization for Russian users.

PlayStation 5 (Deployed on Thursday, November 19th, 2020)

Fixed an issue where the game would crash on game launch when the graphic settings (e.g. brightness) were changed.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when quitting to the Main Menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause a cloud save download to fail on first try.
Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the EPC area in "Lost in the Process" mission.
Fixed and issue that could cause longer save times.
Source
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Patch doesn’t fix the save bug issue on XSX!
Ambrose Burnside

Picked this up for Christmas for less than $50 on Uplay. Less than an hour into it, but so far so good. My first recruit is a dude with a mohawk who was kicked out of the army for beating up an entire pub while naked. Excellent. I probably had better options to choose from, but I liked his backstory the best :lol:

I like that the recordings etc you pick up are actual audio rather than copious amounts of text. Cyberpunk has more than enough reading.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

What’s performance like?
Ambrose Burnside

I was thinking performance was pretty good. Then had a CTD barely 2 hours in. By comparison, Cyberpunk hasn't crashed on me once in 12 hours.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

WD:L to receive a 60fps mode in future patch for next-gen consoles.

Really looking forward to this. For the record next-gen versions are running at a constant 30fps, but 60fps is something I always wanted. No doubt they will drop the RT which personally I don’t mind ; I found their implementation quite shimmery and distracting and I’ll be happy with just screen space reflections.

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

So is this a good game? Browsing the Ubi sale just now and it's $45. Recruiting and playing as anyone you come across looks interesting and I like that they've included a perma-death option.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Hard to play anything at 30fps now, glad they're adding the 60fps mode, RT is nice but FPS is always king imo. I'll have to get back into it when the patch drops.
Ambrose Burnside

Peppermint Lounge wrote: 23 May 2021 04:12 pm So is this a good game? Browsing the Ubi sale just now and it's $45. Recruiting and playing as anyone you come across looks interesting and I like that they've included a perma-death option.
I was really enjoying it then got distracted by Cyberpunk and haven't gone back to it since :(

At the moment I'm playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition so I'm not sure when I'll go back to it. But it's being patched and my biggest issue with it was how unstable it was. Crashed a lot more than Cyberpunk. But I love the concept, setting etc.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Shame about performance. Other Ubi game engines like Snowdrop and the latest Anvil run much better. I'm playing Division 2 now (Snowdrop) and it's smooth as silk.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Spoke too soon re: Div 2. Since hitting level 22 the game freezes for me every hour or so. Can't end the task, no event viewer log, have to either sign out of windows or restart to close. The forums indicate a tonne of crash/freeze issues for the game recently. Lestat how was it for you during your recent plays? Weird that I was solid-as for 20 hours but have started freezing up now. A real bummer as I'd been enjoying the ride so far.

I reset my CPU and GPU to stock settings in an attempt to mitigate. Got a freeze after an hour and a half during last night's session. I was going to play with internal res and capping fps to make the game less taxing to run but came across another fix on the Ubi forums. A dude said using services.msc to stop the easy anti cheat service after loading the game main menu fixed his freezing. I did this and ran well for just over a couple of hours. I'll try that again tonight and if I get a clear run I'll be happy to stick with that workaround.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Definitely Easy Anti Cheat causing my Div 2 freezes. With the service stopped I played uninterrupted tonight. I've since read EAC installs can get corrupted and need a repair util run to fix. I'll try that and see if it's stable.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Division 2 is known to have crashing issues, big thread on ubi forums about it and I get it so does my brother, it's completely random. It's not your hardware, it's just their shit code.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

If you play again try stopping the easyanticheat service, lestat (swap to Windows from Div 2 main menu, stop service, swap back to game and continue). It works for me.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

60fps patch is out for consoles, wow makes a big difference. You can toggle between best quality or balanced(60fps) in the settings.

60fps mode reduces the lod/draw distance for shadows/geometry and uses screen space reflections with cube maps. It's quite jarring flicking between the 2 settings, the 30fps mode feels and looks terrible in motion. 60fps mode still looks crisp and detailed when standing still and the screen space reflections do a decent job.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Haven’t watched the video, but here is some info from it:

They kept the dynamic resolution which is up to 4K.

The new 60FPS mode is exclusively available on NextGen consoles.
- There are no appreciable changes in textures, drawing distance or shadows when activating 60FPS.
- Ray-Tracing on reflections is disabled in 60FPS mode.
- The resolution in the 3 consoles remains in its dynamic range in this mode, although in some areas I have been able to notice 5% less resolution compared to the 30FPS mode.
- All versions maintain 60fps in a stable way, however, the Xbox versions suffer some tearing at specific moments.
- I think this mode should have been included since its launch, since it seems much more recommendable than the quality mode.