Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Control

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Control Ultimate Edition just popped up on GOG. Would've bought it from them had I known it was coming. If you haven't bought it yet you now have a DRM free option.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Finished the story last night. Wow. What a phenomenal game. The ‘ashtray maze’ is insane. Congrats Remedy.

Got some side missions and the expansions to do now. Impressed with how it all integrates into the end game.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Foundation DLC is as good as the main game. Not the usual cut down, hit or miss (more often miss) season pass dlc typical of many other top tier games. New gameplay elements, same cast, big levels, harder enemies.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I really need to get back into Control.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Control PS5 vs XSX is up. Both the same internal res and settings though XSX stutters where PS5 does not. DF think the XBox stutter is something that can be patched out. Load times vitually the same but the PS5 install size is only 25gb vs 42gb for XBox platforms and PC. Wow. This is due to PS5's Kraken decompression hardware. I would kill for 40% smaller install sizes on PC.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Also there's a separate Control PS5 analysis video that lists the PC settings it uses. A handy benchmark for Control owning PC users to see how your system fares against PS5.
flipswitch
que
que

Control

Post by flipswitch »

25GB is very good in this day and age. I’m so used to deleting stuff or moving it to another drive. I might give this game a look and go digital if the price is right.

$59.99 for the ultimate edition isn’t too bad, but the question is, do I really want to add another game with my ever-expanding backlog. I mean I’ve barely touched Demon’s Souls..
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:the PS5 install size is only 25gb vs 42gb for XBox platforms and PC.
That's incredible!

I am pissed off that you have to re-buy the game if you were an early adopter to get the next get version though, whereas those that waited for the GOTY edition don't. Even if they bought the GOTY edition on Xbox One or PS4. That's just poor.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)