Jedi Fallen Order

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Jedi Fallen Order

Post by Lepo5 »

Jedi Fallen Order :up: best Star Wars thing since The Mandalorian.

People who played through the campaign in Titanfall 2 know what I mean.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Jedi Fallen Order

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Titanfall 2 was one of the best games of the last few years and this is set during my favourite Star Wars era, so I'm pretty pumped.

Will have to wait until Christmas though.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I bought a Premier sub just to play this game. Not disappointed so far, looks absolutely stunning. Complete 180 to the disaster that was Anthem.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Different dev different engine :)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

True, but someone has to green light these games. They would have see the disaster Anthem was going to be miles away. Or could be BioWare is just a rubbish developer now.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Uncharted Territory.

I'm up to the third planet (if you count to intro level as one) and I'm not sure. It ticks so many boxes but something feels off. Something I have not felt since.....
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside

From what I've read it's Uncharted + Metroid + My First Dark Souls = Fallen Order.

I'll be getting it :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Metro only as in unlock skills to gain access to new areas, but those areas only give you cosmetic items and exploration percentages.

This third planet (you can choose what's your preferred destination) is actually pretty good. Bit of Imperial activity and getting to explore some outposts.

Pros.

It's Star Wars

Cons.

The load times when you need to respawn. Hoping this is fixed in a patch.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Just ordered it from amazon for XB. $63 with prime!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:From what I've read it's Uncharted + Metroid + My First Dark Souls = Fallen Order.

I'll be getting it :up:
I would replace Dark souls with Sekiro, the combat is very much based off that.

I've been playing it all weekend, I've pretty much nearly maxed out my jedi skill tree and I've explored a lot of the 4 planets, I'm probably at the last quarter of the game since I'm pretty jacked up with skills/health and stims now.

Graphics look great, runs really good on PC except for occasional hitching/loading which seems to be a common issue on all versions of the game, looks like it could have done with a little more polish.

This is easily the best Star Wars game we've had in ages, I love it and I'm really enjoying my time with it, I really like the traversal and exploration aspect, some of the maps are pretty big and it's just fun finding secrets and watching new paths open up as you get more skills/powers.

Playing on Jedi Master difficulty and it feels similar to Sekiro. Luckily I spent so much time with Sekiro and Dark souls that I'm finding it challenging at times but ok. Someone who isn't too familiar with that style of combat might struggle, luckily the game has settings to adjust it to your skill level.

What's surprising to me is Respawn are the guys that made COD/Titanfall games, how they nailed such a great 3rd person action game with all the elements abrose listed above, is an amazing accomplishment, I really look forward to see what else they make from this.

I had faith in Respawn, hence I took up a good preorder deal with amazon, I'm glad it paid off.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yup, this game is awesome now I've completed a couple of planets (up to Kyshyk or whatever the wookies planet is called) . More like a Star Wars Tomb Raider than Uncharted imo, but hands down the best Star Wars game we've had in years. Also cool to see Forest Whitaker to reprise his role from Rogue One, so looking forward to seeing if there are any other characters from the Star Wars lore in recent years.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

God I hope EA doesn't fuck with Respawn - at least until they've done a Titanfall 3. It's criminal how underrated Titanfall 2 was on release. The time travel level is still the best hour of gaming I've played in the last couple of years.
Ambrose Burnside

Rorschach wrote:God I hope EA doesn't fuck with Respawn - at least until they've done a Titanfall 3. It's criminal how underrated Titanfall 2 was on release. The time travel level is still the best hour of gaming I've played in the last couple of years.
That level is up there with "We don't go to Ravenholm" as one of my all-time favourites.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Finished it last night, earlier I felt the bosses were a bit weak and that was rectified towards the end of the game, they seem to stack more interesting boss fights in the last quarter of the game.

There is a cool surprise appearance and that scene was pretty fucking awesome, the story ultimately doesn't equate to anything that could change or ruin star wars cannon and they leave it completely open for a second game which I'll gladly be there day one.

Best star wars game in a long time and a fun adventure, I'd give it a 9/10.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

t0mby wrote:Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Uncharted Territory.

I'm up to the third planet (if you count to intro level as one) and I'm not sure. It ticks so many boxes but something feels off. Something I have not felt since.....
If this was posted on facebook, I would have "liked" this post.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Gone back to playing this game after starting it and moving onto other stuff and sort of losing interest for a bit.

I'm still only up to Kashyyk but I'm starting to wonder, is this game actually good?

It's frustrating, has some moments where things click and it's fun, then slams you back into frustrating territory. Whether that's timing issues or frequent deaths with infrequent checkpoints and long load times. Graphics are pretty underwhelming too.

I loved TitanFall 2 but I don't see why this game warrants the comparison so far.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I thought Kashykk was one of the worst planets from memory, it has a couple of decent moments though. If you're not enjoying it by now then it won't change before the end. I enjoyed it and the last planet is good. I'd give it an Edge 7 or an IGN 8.5.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Finished this finally. Not happy with how I did it.

I started this game on Jedi Master, dropped it to Jedi Knight mid way through, and then after getting thrashed by Malicos for over an hour dropped it to story mode.

Which went from stupidly difficult to ridiculously easy.

Also noticed some of these boss battles would be really uneven in the damage they take. After multiple attempts you'd very quickly get them to half and under and the battle would be much easier. Though they could still get one good hit on you and take most of your life.

On story mode they hardly attacked or caused damage. Even felt like the battle is just called after a couple hits.

It's funny how a game can make you feel like a complete noob but I don't think it deserves credit for it. There is something completely broken about this game and really feels like it was made by people who hate games.

I enjoyed the story. Not happy with gameplay. Time for EA to hand back the license.