PS5 thread

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Yoshi Sonic

Re: PS5 thread

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

Yeah I’m probably going to cave and pick it up from BigW for $109.

A true next-gen, preteen friendly exclusive is just what I feel like watching my son play, when he comes to stay this weekend.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Got mine for the low price of $109$.

I started off playing in the default mode which is fidelity ( 30fps) . Insomniac games are famous for their excellent motion blur and per-object motion blur. As much as it tried to help 30fps was limiting my enjoyment and still very obvious.

I jumped onto RT performance which is dynamic but averages around 1440p. And wow, what a massive impact it provided to the game.

Not just in smoothness, gameplay greatly benefited, motion resolution and snappier controls. It truely was the biggest jump I’ve noticed going from 30fps to 60fps.

Playing in RT performance mode, visually just as beautiful and image quality and sharpness were not impacted whatsoever. And it still has Ray tracing.

This is undoubtedly the best mode to play in.

Here’s a video showcasing the three modes and illustrating my point, hopefully!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Bloody hell. This is easily the best looking game I've ever played in my life. By far. It's not even close. :drool:

Btw, I tried Performance RT, and to me, yeah, it was WAAAY smoother, but it looked way more 'flatter' (or something), so I went back to fidelity.

Edit: Should add. Poor Guilty Gear being overshadowed by Ratchet. I'm really enjoying GG Strive also. This is the most excited I've been about a fighting game since SF4. And it looks phenomenal aswell.
Last edited by Twiztid Elf on 13 Jun 2021 04:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I'll be honest, I'm tempted to buy a PS5 now that I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I just had a look on the PS store to see if Rez Infinite was on sale (it's not) then compared prices of games on sale (or not) to games on sale on Xbox Marketplace. I don't know what money hats MS have thrown out there but the price gouging on Sony store is horrendous. Examples. Witcher 3 GOTY Edition. Xbox $16.99nzd, PS4 $70. Lego Marvel Avengers Xbox $31nzd, PS4 $110. That's two, I could give more.

Now I'm not sure if Sony will have the same games at similar prices in the coming weeks nor if those Xbox prices are for everyone or because of Gamepass but shit man.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Eb just rang, my PS5 has arrived and I literally can't think of a game to buy with it.....
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Demon Souls would be my pick
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Thought Returnal but 125 bux......
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

https://press-start.com.au/news/playsta ... tible-ssd/

This article is kinda funny just due to the sheer length of it and everything you have to know to be able to add another SSD to the console. Understandable why MS went for a proprietary option. Priced about the same too.

But hey there might also be people that will spend $1500 to add a 4TB SSD to their PS5 so there's that.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

It's coming up on three months since I got my PS5, and I'm still not used to the system UI. At first I just put it down to how much time I'd spent using the PS4 and thought I'd get used to it, but there really just seems to be an entire screens worth of weird shit I don't care about that's been inserted between holding the PS button and getting to what I'm looking for (usually stand-by mode). Haven't figured out a quick way to get to Spotify controls yet either so I just use my phone. :shrugging:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Yeah, it's crap. And it hasn't improved since launch day.
I was using my PS4 yesterday, and was thinking to myself "this is so much better".
Strange when UI's go backwards.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just wait for the stability updates. 😅
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Oh, it's stable. Performance-wise there are no issues, it's just crowded now like the Xbox interface has been for a decade or so. Nintendo continue to have the cleanest interface, largely because they're "missing features" the others have.

Twiztid Elf wrote: 06 Aug 2021 05:11 pm Yeah, it's crap. And it hasn't improved since launch day.
I was using my PS4 yesterday, and was thinking to myself "this is so much better".
Strange when UI's go backwards.
Glad it's not just me. It's funny because the PS4 UI is pretty much the PS3 UI (which was more or less the PSP/Vita UI too) with an extra "layer" of stuff you can get to, and now the PS5 UI is the PS4 UI with another layer of stuff. Stuffception. The difference for me is that the extra layer was easily ignored on the PS4 whereas now you're kind of forced to bumble through it on the reg. I keep waiting for the design to make sense, but I don't think it's a me problem, it's actually poop. Change for the sake of change.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Linus Tech video on installing SSD on the PS5 and what minimum requirements are such as speed and size. I watched while he tried two of them including one with a large heatsink.

https://youtu.be/77tGWHyAip8
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I like to watch too..
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Wish I could buy one of them. Hard to imagine this long after launch they are still sold out everywhere. Would never thought I'd be grateful to Telstra for their Xbox Access program for the Series X.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote: 14 Aug 2021 01:21 pm Wish I could buy one of them. Hard to imagine this long after launch they are still sold out everywhere. Would never thought I'd be grateful to Telstra for their Xbox Access program for the Series X.
I find it harder to believe that the PS5 has been outselling any other PS console over the same amount of time since there are never any around.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Revised model has hit the shelves. Contains a new antenna module which allows for faster speeds over 5g WiFi and the screw for the stand no longer requires a screwdriver, you can do it by hand..

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... e-on-sale/
flipswitch
que
que

PS5 thread

Post by flipswitch »

Nice. Looking forward to never being able to find one in stock.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I don't go on PlayStation too much lately but noticed that atm PS+ is 50% off for a 12 month sub till end of the month. Wonder if they're gearing up for some Gamepass type sub coming soon? I do t think I've even seen PS+ this cheap.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

PS Showcase

Cringey opening.
Star Wars - KOTOR remake
Project Eve
Tiny Tinas Wonderlands
Forspoken
Rainbow 6 Extraction
Alan Wake Remastered
GTAV
Ghostwire Tokyo
Guardians of the Galaxy
Vampire Blood Hunt
Deathloop
Kid Amnesia?
Tchia
Uncharted collection?
Wolverine (made by Insomniac)
Gran Turismo 7 - March 22
Spiderman 2 - 2023
God of War Ragnarok
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Solid show overall.
Project Eve looks amazing. A Playstation Bayonetta. The only new thing that really wowed me.
Ghostwire Tokyo and GT7, I was already in on.
God of War, I'm not happy about the reboot, but I'll keep an eye on that.
Wolverine might be alright.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Winner of the day.
Looks absolutely fantastic.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Yep, best game of the show to me.

Pretty much everything else other than Ghostwire is kinda meh to me.