Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: PS5 thread

Post by guttermouth »

The new Horizon looks awesome. Never finished the original, got bored with it. Hopefully this one improves on that.

Finally got around pre-ordering a PS5, EB said late July for arrival.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Finally had a chance to buy Wreckfest PS5 off the PS Store. Only 23GB. Put a little time into it but it sure is fun. Love how wreckless the A.I is and the amount of carnage that happens on the track - all at 4K/60fps. One thing that took me by surprise is the the feedback you receive on the Dual Sense. They took advantage of all the neat features , haptic, adaptive triggers, and I believe the speaker. I am really looking forward in playing more but was busy at the time. Load times are fairly quick, I’d say easily under 10 seconds. There’s so much I haven’t played like all different tracks and game modes, driving the different type of vehicles.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, that Wreckfest would've made a great addition to the old MNR back in the day.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Maybe we should change this to the PS4 thread?

Previous PS5 exclusive games now coming to PS4
PSB: How does PS4 factor into PlayStation Studios’ development vision? Is it still a focus internally for future game development?

Hermen: It very much is. You can’t build a community of over 110 million PS4 owners and then just walk away from it, right? I think that’d be bad news for fans of PS4, and frankly not very good business.

Where it makes sense to develop a title for both PS4 and PS5 — for Horizon Forbidden West, the next God of War, GT7 — we’ll continue looking at that. And if PS4 owners want to play that game, then they can. If they want to go on and play the PS5 version, that game will be there for them.
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/06/02 ... n-studios/

Oh and God of war delayed to 2022, which really means early 2023.

t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

They'll probably just be like Xbox One games that run on Series X. Either different assets or that current gen runs in 4k 60fps with some downloaded high res goodies. I'd definitely take it with a grain of salt for now.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

They have the huge install base on PS4. But I still find it disappointing it’s going to but limited by older hardware. Must be their new strategy .
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Sorry for the bump, but I finally got to play WD:L in 60fps.The impact it has had is night and day.Yes there’s no RT ( which was in poor quality to begin with ) but even in RT mode it still had SSR and Cube maps, now it’s just SSR/CM.

In 30fps this game ran terrible. It was 30fps still but it just looked off. 60fps makes all the difference and once you choose it, it’s impossible to go back. Let’s face it you wouldn’t even know what’s missing in the fidelity mode, some of it is just minor stuff, but what’s easily noticeable is the difference in FPS.

As a matter of fact all games I own either run at 60fps or have the option. I tried Spider-Man MM in 60fps mode. It’s game changing. Won’t be going back to 30fps. It still has reflections, but SSR and CM. And swinging throughout the city skyscrapers just looks the same.

Horizon : FW will have a 60fps mode.

I always thought developers would just choose graphics, fidelity over performance because it looks better in images, but I have been pleasantly surprised this gen.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

60fps is a game changer, so hard to play anything 30fps these days. Graphics are good enough these days, devs should prioritize 60fps modes.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

2021. Any game still locked at 30fps is doing it wrong. No reason not have it locked in at 60fps, particularly with the PS5 and XSX.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

R&C will have a variety of different visual modes.

Very close to release. Almost forgot about it but it’s out on the 11th, this coming Friday.

Not expecting to get it cheap however.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

GG Strive the same day too. Nothing but ouch!
Premium prices for the premium games though right?
And I've bought fuck all games in the last year, so whatevs.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Asked out of interest today when the next shipment of PS5s will be available and was told they aren't taking pre-orders atm and current allocated stock is due July/August. At this rate it seems it'll be in big demand at Xmas again.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

XSX has been getting all my attention lately. Was waiting for R&C but not really wanting to spend $100+ on a game. So will wait for some specials.

Have a few PS4 Games with 60FPS patches that I haven't opened so should probably start with them. Though the effort to put a disc in the console is high sometimes. Game pass is spoiling me.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

$98 seems to be the best price available if your preorder off Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08WMBP81C ... psc=1&th=1
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

Demon’s Souls dropped to $89 recently. So I’ll continue to vote against premium launch-day pricing with my patient wallet.

Anyway, it took a week but I unlocked the first door! Never played a Souls game before
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Nice! The game really opens up after the first boss. Slowly but steadily chipping away at it myself, killed a couple of bosses and brought a few NPCs back to the Nexus. I remember even last gen we were talking about the diminishing returns that come with improved visuals, but this still manages to deliver some real holy shit moments. Even the little touches are impressive, like the fire lizards actually setting parts of the environment and nearby corpses ablaze as they slowly approach.

There are a lot of QoL improvements in this remake but for me the absolute best one is being able to effectively pause the game using Photo Mode. It's a bit busted in that it's all too tempting to then free roam with the camera and peek around corners and whatnot (you can crank up the lighting and effectively give yourself Batman detective mode), but that aside simply being able to pause is amazing. Apparently if you're in body form you can still be ganked by invaders, so it's only a true pause if you're in soul form or playing offline. Still very handy to know if your gaming sessions are prone to interruption.

I don't know if I'll pounce on R&C immediately, but I'm pretty keen to play something that's a bit less miserable (in tone) than what I'm playing currently. The games are certainly pricey but for how few new release AAA titles I pick up in an average year I'm not really feeling the sting. Unfortunate timing for my recent Demon's Souls purchase I guess, but the game's been out for a little while. In future, I don't know that saving $10-20 is enough for me to wait 4-6 months on a new release that I want. Depends what the backlog's looking like I suppose.
Yoshi Sonic

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

I’ll have to check out the photo mode!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I am not even sure if I will pick up R&C on Friday. I still have plenty to play and just got Wreckfest last week that I’m enjoying. I don’t really need another game, nor do I want to spend the premium price.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Yoshi Sonic wrote: 08 Jun 2021 03:37 pm I’ll have to check out the photo mode!
You can assign it to a button in the options, I chucked it on the left half of the touchpad (which otherwise isn't used). Instant pause button. :up:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Forget what I said about R&C before, my mind has been changed and now getting it day 1 . Yes I’m very week. :lol:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playsta ... art?ref=hp

86 reviews with 89 metacritic score. Higher than expected.

Due to the wonderful benefits of SSD and compression the game is just over 30gb..
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

30gb with a Day 1 50gb patch? :D
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I don't know how any PS5 owner can hold off. You've got some serious self discipline if you do.

Shill Up gushes about it.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Just ordered it for $65 thanks to a $30 eBay plus voucher I had.

Never been excited about spending more than $70 on a new release. Considering how many times I only start playing them when they've hit $30.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It looks like RT performance mode is the way to go, 1440p, 60fps and RT.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I'm hanging for tomorrow to finish work and play this! There aren't many games I get excited like a kid over, but this is one of them (along with Mario and Metroid).