XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Geforce Now aka Stadia Killer

Post by lestat »

Well Stadia kinda killed itself but regardless nvidia just launched their Geforce Now service for $5 a month. It allows you to stream PC games running on a Rtx2080 and it hooks into your existing PC libraries/accounts.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... gle-stadia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Geforce Now aka Stadia Killer

Post by t0mby »

Streaming games. I'm surprised that you're pimping this since you are usually the first person to complain about input lag. Maybe streaming games has improved but it's not something I would even consider.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

Why doesn't that article mention lag? Is it that much of a non-issue for Euro...gamers?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:Streaming games. I'm surprised that you're pimping this since you are usually the first person to complain about input lag. Maybe streaming games has improved but it's not something I would even consider.
Don't shoot the messenger, gaming news these days is pretty light, need something to talk about. I do find cloud wars somewhat intriguing right now, quite a few players are throwing their hat into the ring. I could see a future where internet access is fast enough that casuals will end up using these services.

All other forms of entertainment have transitioned to the streaming future, I guess it's only a matter of time before gaming makes that transition.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Fast enough, maybe. Reliable enough, I wouldn't put my money on it.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.