AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Re: New PC Build or Laptop with External GPU

Post by AgOnNy »

So I've got everything up & running, nice and quiet until I get into a game (then it definitely ramps up!). In saying that, have used the 'one click' OC on the 2080 Ti (for now) and the GPU is still a fair bit below 80c. I haven't OC'd the 9900KF yet, intention is to have it run at 5GHz.

I have tested a few games, damn Forza Horizon 4 looks great (the sharpness is the main thing) and Gears of War 4 looking very good too. I also tried Metro Exodus as well and able to run 4k on Ultra, Ray tracing & Hairworks enabled as well.

What is every running in terms of neutral, positive or negative airflow? Does it really matter? I have 2 x 1400mm intake fans on the front, 1 x 1400mm outake fan on the rear and 3600mm radiator at the top of the case with 3 x 1200mm fans, pulling air through the radiator into the case. Then there is the PSU fan (Silverstone Strider as I already purchased it) pulling in air from under the case but air is going straight out the back.
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Re: New PC Build or Laptop with External GPU

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

Hello, haven't post for a while...

At the moment I am looking to upgrade my 5 year old Asus ROG G750 laptop (4th Gen i7 with Nvidia GTX870M).

My preference these days is to just buy a gaming laptop instead of the desktop due to space restrictions, and just buy something that will last for 3-4 years then just replace it completely - i.e. not worrying about upgrading, etc... Back in the old days of I use to build my own machines and constantly upgrading the graphics cards, memory. But these days with kids I simply don't have the time or the motivation, and the games that I play are not that intensive anyway.

The combo of 10th Gen i7 with GTX2060/70/80 Super laptops are starting to pop up now 8)