Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Ghost of Tsushima

Post by Twiztid Elf »

(shamelessly stolen from GAF).

Not sure if there's much interest here, but I've been all over this one since it's announcement.
Sony Samurai open world game set in feudal Japan on the island of Tsushima? Sign me up.
I thoroughly enjoyed Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn.
I also thoroughly enjoyed Sucker Punch's previous game Infamous Second Son.
Now it's reviewing really well (see below), and the graphics look sensational. Another PS4 classic to close out the gen.

I haven't been this pumped for a game in a long time.
/weeb
RIGHTEOUS FURY
flipswitch
que
que

Ghost of Tsushima

Post by flipswitch »

Ok, looking at some videos on YT and I’m starting to enjoy it, coming from someone who thought it was ordinary.
How embarrassment. I bought it. It’s already at ver. 1.04. Going to start game soon.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Ghost of Tsushima

Post by lestat »

Performance mode is 1080p and only offers a more stable 30fps? Ok. :?

Performance looks wobbly here.
flipswitch
que
que

Ghost of Tsushima

Post by flipswitch »

Playing in resolution mode. HDR is very well done.

Odd choice with performance mode in 1080p with 30fps and not 60fps.

I have this on my SSD, loading times are very fast, like when you load your game up from turning on your console, game loaded in less than 5 seconds.

Makes up for the slightly disappointing graphics - mainly texturing and animation. But I’m very early in and the grass looks great blowing in the wind. Camera doesn’t lock-on to enemies like Souls games so can be a problem.

Hitting right on the dpad and photomode gets enabled instantly.

I’m liking the combat from what I’ve played. You have your parry, dodge and attack buttons, and it didn’t feel like a button-mashing type game.

Will post more impressions soon.

Just remembered, the audio design, be it music score and action sequences are excellent. Great use of LFE channel.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Downgrades again, Sony love running these e3 showings secretly on high powered PCs. :lol:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Bet you're real fun at parties. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Parties is an old world problem mate, we corona now.

Current world problem, Sony are still lying misleading cunts and anything they show cannot be believed to be real. Too many strikes now.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Games are subject to change during development period. It's only you that's bothered here.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

A downgraded exclusive is still better than no exclusives at all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Where’s the downgrade? All I see is different weather and time of day. Some things look different doesn’t necessarily mean it’s been downgraded.
I think Lestat has an issue with Sony. Can’t accept them having a superior console that they don’t discontinue with exclusives right up to their final year.

This is kind of funny in a way. I had a read of his comments then watched the video and thought it myself, he’s really desperate now.

He had a list of downgrades from TLOUP2, and many of them weren’t true, such as volumetric lighting and SSR gone, and I’m sure there were others.
Twiztid Elf wrote:A downgraded exclusive is still better than no exclusives at all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The game might not have the highest resolution textures, best animation, but it’s still a very beautiful game. The HDR is very effective, and some of the best I’ve seen, like sunsets.

Anyway, these are just impressions of someone who has played a few hours of it, and not from reading metacritic user reviews of disgruntled fans who read about fake spoilers and flooded the website with 0 reviews from not playing a second of the game.

Speaking of metacritic,
Ghost of Tsushima does not seem like it’s in danger of being user score review bombed, and this system was not invented just for its release. This actually was first spotted around two weeks ago, but I (and most people) probably didn’t really notice until there was another major release like Ghost that arrived. Again, this will not stop review bombing. After the 36 hours is up, anyone can still write any kind of review they want and there’s no way to track how much of a game they’ve played, if any. But at the very least, we won’t have people reviewing 30-hour story games two hours after they came out, so that’s something.
:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I've been pretty busy since it came out, so I've only had a few hours with it so far.

Super early impressions on Friday were a bit muted. I wasn't in the best mood sitting down to play it.
But something felt a little off. Just how weightless, buttery smooth and responsive the character movement and camera are made me feel disconnected from it.
Maybe coming off the back of tlou2? Maybe its something to do with Sucker Punches games, as thinking back, I think I had a similar feeling toward Infamous.
Also, whats the talk of this being easy? Maybe it becomes easy as the character skills up? I'm on default difficulty, and I've died a stack of times.
I was struggling with the timing in combat.

Then last night it's clicked. I'm starting to become skilled in combat, and the game is starting to open up.
The theme, setting, atmosphere are amazing. Graphically it looks nice, but occasionally its a bit of a mixed bag.
I think this might be something special.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm enjoying it so far. Biggest gripe for me is the camera and no manual lock-on with the combat.

No idea how these aren't up to Batman Arkham Asylum standard in 2020.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ok ok, probably pick this up this morning, not that I still don't have a lot to play. Finally started Yakuza 6 on Thursday night since I received the After Hours LE version back in 2018 and started God of War last week (which hasn't clicked with me anyway).
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Not sure how to embed Twitter, but from @Berduu

Looks like real gamers love it and it’s better than those professional reviewers!
:wink:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Those reviews were downgraded too!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Twiztid Elf wrote:A downgraded exclusive is still better than no exclusives at all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What are you talking about, We got Ori will of the Wisps, Gears tactics, Bleeding Edge this year so far. Grounded comes out in 2 weeks.

Ori is GOTY imo.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I wouldn't be gloating about Bleeding Edge. Sounds like they downgraded the gameplay. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Wasn't gloating, just stating there are exclusives being released.

This was Sony's attempt at an online multiplayer game earlier in the year.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playsta ... ng-grounds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
predator.png
Clearly this game was lacking a nice E3 demo running on high end PCs. :fight:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

:lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yes Sony fans and their stupid no games meme.

Grasping at straws you are.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Lestat's right though, how can you guys not be sick of being lied to with bullshit vids each e3/promo conference. It's why I'm reticent to get excited about Cyberpunk because we've been duded so many times before. There's a massive downgrade between what was shown and what we got with this one and why? It would have been fine to show an actual working dev build, no one's expecting anything crazy on such old hardware and you can still build hype.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It doesn't bother me because I don't see the differences unless someone shows a comparison video, besides if it wasn't for comparison videos none of you would remember actual graphical details from a video revealed years ago to what's in the final product. At the end of the day the gameplay isn't affected and that's the main thing.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It happens. It sucks.Just don’t go expecting what you’re seeing in a trailer or “gameplay demo” as what you’re getting when it launches.

Some games get upgraded though.

Back to the game. I’m really liking the combat. I think it’s the best thing about the game.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'll take downgraded games all day long if GoT is the example.
The game is fucking awesome.

Spoilers of an open world non-story event.
Spoiler!
Just traveling south, and there is a rope bridge over a ravine. A family trying to cross and getting ambushed by mongol archers below. Jumping down skewering the fuckers with my sword. Awesome stuff.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just picked it up, $30 off rrp, thanks JB Hifi. Fuck digital.

Got 5 days off so I'll be giving it a good go this week while the kids are at school.