Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Xbox Games Showcase

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:You don't know me at all t0mby.

I've always been a big supporter of 60fps, I am happy to take some sacrifices for that silky smooth performance. Always have been.

These consoles are already very powerful, graphics have gotten so good now is the time to start making 60fps a standard thing.
Lol. Do you want me to dig up your anti PS4 posts of screenshots of 60fps games cos they're there. ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Do a search, the only time I took shots at PS4 60fps games is when they failed to perform at 60fps.

I've always been a 60fps+ gamer. Wobbly framerates are the most annoying thing in gaming imo.

It's why I keep gravitating back to PC.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

30fps on consoles make for better marketing screenshots, "better looking" games.

It's ok to accept that if you want high-end high-FPS gaming, sink the $ into a PC.

If you're OK with 30fps, enjoy your consoles.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

surely you can get 60fps solid with this hardware. If they pull off DirectML then it shouldn't be an issue combined with improvements over the hardware lifecycle. On the PS5 I'm not so sure until we know what exactly is going on in it.

I just don't think DirectML is there yet and for the XSX is probably like everything else behind due to Corona.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
flipswitch
que
que

Xbox Games Showcase

Post by flipswitch »

Why is Halo: Infinite running on a PC this close to launch? Lots of pop up and slow down and many other issues . It’s essentially an Xbox One game using that same old engine. Environment completely static like trees .He goes into detail of what the game needs to really look nex-gen. Many other games were just CGI.

Maybe it’s an old build, but launch is very soon and I hope we don’t get a unfinished/broken game.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

The fact nothing was running on real hardware says to me the whole show was a little pointless, they're not ready yet. Possibly drivers and SDK isn't finished yet, COVID is causing delays in lots of stuff, they're targeting November so they're probably only just shipping final dev kits now, which is too late for taking a vertical slice/demo.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

lestat wrote:
unfnknblvbl wrote:I'm fully prepared for another generation of 50-75% resolution at 30fps...
It seems most console warriors don't want smooth 60fps games, they just want the prettiest 30fps cinematic game to cheer on their console.

You can see why developers step away from making 60fps console games when they get attacked and ridiculed.

Expect another gen of this crap. I will once again need to play stuff on PC to get the framerates I want.
It's as Steve Burke of Gamers Nexus says: lower frametimes are good, but consistent is better. I'd take a locked 30fps over something that constantly varies between 40 and 60 fps, so long as it actually looked great.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

It's been like that for a very long time with consoles - graphical fidelity first and foremost. Then of course PC has the higher clockspeeds to pump out the same thing at a higher framerate. Some games should push the limits and be restrained to 30 fps in order to do so. Others shouldn't.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Just give us a price and launch date already!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Turns out putting every top tier gaming IP you've got on a $5 per month (what I pay for PC-only, dunno how much it is on Xbox) subscrption service isn't a big money spinner. Fancy that. I do love it though.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/xbox-game-pa ... microsoft/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Same principle with other streaming services, they're all about building a critical mass of recurring subs, that eventually out paces traditional revenue sales.

MS has experience with this with Office365, which is now generating more revenue with subs vs the old license model.

The difference with gamepass vs stuff like Netflix is Gamepass can generate extra sales from people buying the games they love and DLC, other streaming services don't have those purchase options/addons.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Has anyone had issues updating card info on Microsoft account? Entering correct info still returns 'check the info you entered' error. Heaps of users report same. MS support no help.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Disregard above, managed to get it saved after far too long a period of time. If you ever have a similar issue - entering valid info to MS account only to have it say it's invalid, make sure your address exactly matches what you've saved previously in your MS account 'address book'.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Makes you wonder why MS did not showcase this game at all?

People are hungry for next gen visuals, this delivers in spades. :shock:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Halo Community Update on Infinite.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news ... -inquiries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
QUESTIONS ABOUT GRAPHICS AND VISUALS

First, we want to acknowledge that yes, we’ve heard the feedback coming from parts of the community regarding the visuals in the Halo Infinite campaign demo. While we see and hear far more positive than negative, we do want to share a bit more context. From our perspective, there are two key areas being debated around the community – overall art style and visual fidelity.

Based on our learnings from Halo 4, Halo 5, and Halo Wars 2 – along with strong community feedback – we decided to shift back towards the legacy aesthetics that defined the original trilogy. With Halo Infinite, we’re returning to a more ‘classic’ art style which was a key message going back to the very first reveal that garnered enthusiastic and positive responses. This translates to a more vibrant palette, “cleaner” models and objects with less “noise”, though it doesn’t mean less detail. While we appreciate this may not be everyone’s personal preference, we stand by this decision and are happy to see it resonating with so many fans around the world.

The second theme being discussed involves visual fidelity. Negative feedback in this area includes comments around characters and objects appearing flat, simplistic and plastic-like, lighting feeling dull and flat, and object pop-in. We’ve read your comments, we’ve seen the homemade examples of retouched content, and yes we’ve heard the Digital Foundry assessments. In many ways we are in agreement here – we do have work to do to address some of these areas and raise the level of fidelity and overall presentation for the final game. The build used to run the campaign demo was work-in-progress from several weeks ago with a variety of graphical elements and game systems still being finished and polished. While some of the feedback was expected and speaks to areas already in progress, other aspects of the feedback have brought new opportunities and considerations to light that the team is taking very seriously and working to assess. We don’t have firm answers or outcomes to share yet but the team is working as quickly as possible on plans to address some of the feedback around detail, clarity, and overall fidelity. The team is committed and focused on making sure we have a beautiful world for players to explore when we launch.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

A few months out from launch after 4-5 years. Not the correspondence you want to read from devs of the platform's biggest game.

TMCC is an abundance of recently rereleased retro Halo. We don't need the new game to look like Halo 3, which everyone is playing again now thanks to a good remaster that's just come out.

Will 343 get props for improving on the dismal showcase reveal if the released game still fails to match its e3 2018 trailer? Naughty Dog copped it here for releasing one of the best and most technically impressive looking games of all time because it varied from its two year old preview showing.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

And I hope they'll get rid of the cheap low geometry blocks garbage they filled the background scenery with. I don't remember that in the old Halo games.

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

No one gets props for misleading and lying. No matter how good the final product is.

This is a practice that needs to stop in this industry.

I was looking at the PS3 motorstorm trailer today in a Dirt5 thread, this shit has gone on for so long, most gamers don't even know they're being manipulated. It's just sad and indicative of the snake oil salesmen practices rife here.

Outside of a few people complaining on a forum, people still buy the games and reward this bad behavior.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:And I hope they'll get rid of the cheap low geometry blocks garbage they filled the background scenery with. I don't remember that in the old Halo games.

The pillars have something to do with the broken ring, the game revolves around repairing it so doing something moves these pillars back into their place.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Interesting news, Halo Battle Royale anyone?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

If they wanted to stay true to the original it would be 50hz and borders like we got back with Combat Evolved. /s
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

MS pulling in more manpower to help with Halo Infinite, can it be saved?

https://twinfinite.net/2020/08/sperasof ... nt-effort/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Developer Sperasoft has this week announced it’s joining forces with 343 Industries in the development of Halo Infinite. The anticipated upcoming shooter is slated to launch later this year in tandem with Microsoft’s next-generation Xbox Series X console, and the Sperasoft has been drafted in to contribute across “multiple development mandates, developing components of the game and experience.”