XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Xbox Games Showcase

Post by lestat »

Good video from DF, It looks like Ray Tracing support not ready is hurting the visuals here. The game is using dynamic lighting and not prebaking anything, due to lack of optimizations and insisting 4k native, LODs needed to be wound back to get it running 60fps at this early stage.

I think we'll see a much improved version of the game in time, especially when the ray tracing hits.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

lestat wrote:
Good video from DF, It looks like Ray Tracing support not ready is hurting the visuals here. The game is using dynamic lighting and not prebaking anything, due to lack of optimizations and insisting 4k native, LODs needed to be wound back to get it running 60fps at this early stage.

I think we'll see a much improved version of the game in time, especially when the ray tracing hits.
If this was a PS5 game you'd have ripped it to shreds by now. Defend the hive etc
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I really wanted to be impressed. They've been pimping the MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE thing since the specs were announced, I haven't owned a Sony system since the PSP, I even have the TV tuner cable for the Xbox One :lol: My PC is 5 years old now, I don't upgrade it every year like some, the only thing I've added to it was more storage. I'm their perfect target audience.

And they shat that out :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:
lestat wrote:

If this was a PS5 game you'd have ripped it to shreds by now. Defend the hive etc

#truestory
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:
lestat wrote:

If it was a Sony game, the target render would have been used for the demo. They've done it several times already.

They're smart in that they know system warriors rip this shit to shreds.

It's also why they target 30fps in all their games. You a fan of 30fps games Mr Candy Arse?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

4K/60 fps for an open world game seems a bit optimistic.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

The closest thing in scope is probably modern warfare, 60fps massive open map. But that game doesn't use dynamic lighting, baked lighting and has worse looking foliage and pop in issues, not to mention is doesn't hold a steady 60fps on consoles.

If they get RT in there and fix some of the LOD issues, the game will end up looking impressive.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

I don't really think the DF video really helped things. Does MS really need a third party YouTube channel to make excuses for them?

As the video went on it just felt like they were really going out of their way to explain it. I even missed the transition to Halo: Reach until I looked at the top corner of the screen.

Kinda feels like since DF have been so involved with the XBSX reveal that that video comes across more obligatory than helpful/informative.

They're setting themselves up for more disappointment by saying Ray tracing will fix everything. The expectation is for added touches not full on lighting systems isn't it?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

So what happened to the mic drop moments?

Was it all just rumours?
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Are the drivers for the hardware to enable all this even ready? I suspect they haven't got it working yet
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

lestat wrote:The closest thing in scope is probably modern warfare, 60fps massive open map. But that game doesn't use dynamic lighting, baked lighting and has worse looking foliage and pop in issues, not to mention is doesn't hold a steady 60fps on consoles.

If they get RT in there and fix some of the LOD issues, the game will end up looking impressive.
And the cartoony/very low detail character models and animation.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Madmya wrote:4K/60 fps for an open world game seems a bit optimistic.
Death Stranding runs 60-70fps at 4k native with TAA on a 2080ti. Granted that's a 14tf GPU.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

The games not exactly taxing though. The more the hardware has to deal with AI and physics, the more taxing it is.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Xbox Games Showcase

It’s more taxing than you think. Those mule camps have a lot of enemies and you’ll be surprised by the weapon arsenal and vehicles in the game.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
Death Stranding runs 60-70fps at 4k native with TAA on a 2080ti. Granted that's a 14tf GPU.
And there's sweet fuck all going on in it. It's not dealing with much going on 90% of the time.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Backpack physics mate.

Hah nah I haven't played it, but from what I've seen there's not a lot going on.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

On console, perhaps.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

So glad you've respawned as Captain Obvious.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:
Farcry 5 is probably the best comparison to make.

RDR2 @ high 4k.

2080Ti is 14TF at base clocks, you're looking at real world performance around 16TF where it normally boosts to around 1900Mhz.

Native 4k 60fps in open world games is pretty demanding. But what we saw isn't your typical ultra preset, looked more like a medium preset obviously to get the performance, that build was 4 months old apparently so it will be missing a lot of more recent improvements.

It's interesting when looking at 4k benchmarks, 30fps is a lot easier to hit even with pretty weak video cards, you really need something powerful to break the 60fps mark.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

A collage of all the stuff shown coming to gamepass. In all the outrage, we've lost sight of how awesome gamepass is. :up:

Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Are we going to be happy with 4k/60fps games that otherwise look graphically the same as what we have now?

Most people are probably looking for fidelity. Higher geometry, more graphical effects, more realism.

I can see why people are underwhelmed since there is nothing that looks drastically different from what we have now. (Especially running through a poor 1080p stream on YouTube)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I'm fully prepared for another generation of 50-75% resolution at 30fps...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

unfnknblvbl wrote:I'm fully prepared for another generation of 50-75% resolution at 30fps...
It seems most console warriors don't want smooth 60fps games, they just want the prettiest 30fps cinematic game to cheer on their console.

You can see why developers step away from making 60fps console games when they get attacked and ridiculed.

Expect another gen of this crap. I will once again need to play stuff on PC to get the framerates I want.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:
unfnknblvbl wrote:I'm fully prepared for another generation of 50-75% resolution at 30fps...
You can see why developers step away from making 60fps console games when they get attacked and ridiculed.
That's you in a nutshell. You get a 60fps game on a console and you're studying screenshots for 2D flora, shit you'd never notice in motion.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

You don't know me at all t0mby.

I've always been a big supporter of 60fps, I am happy to take some sacrifices for that silky smooth performance. Always have been.

These consoles are already very powerful, graphics have gotten so good now is the time to start making 60fps a standard thing.