Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Announcements Season 2021

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

klee123 wrote: 18 Jun 2021 03:59 pm
Gamma wrote: 18 Jun 2021 09:07 am Wow, what a non-event. Elden Ring already looks dated. Metroid looks ok I suppose. Really struggling to find anything else I give a shit about.
Think of the bright side. The latest hardware to play the games at max settings is not only hard to find, but also obscenely expensive. This is a good thing for me as a person stuck with the Switch/PS4/1070 GTX lol
There's always an alternative:

You Can’t Buy A PS5 Or Xbox Series X, But For $100 More You Can Have The Atari VCS
The one saving grace for the Atari VCS here is that it’s functionally a mini-PC. You can upgrade some of the memory modules and if you want to install Linux on the box, you’re free to do so. It’s still running relatively ancient hardware: it’s a dual-core R1606G AMD APU from 2019, built off the 14nm architecture and process behind the original Ryzen CPUs.

So while the official trailer advertises the ability to play modern games, don’t expect to do so particularly well. It can run games like Skyrim at 60 FPS … if you’re happy tanking all the settings to low and running at 720p.
:run:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 18 Jun 2021 04:09 pm
klee123 wrote: 18 Jun 2021 03:59 pm
Gamma wrote: 18 Jun 2021 09:07 am Wow, what a non-event. Elden Ring already looks dated. Metroid looks ok I suppose. Really struggling to find anything else I give a shit about.
Think of the bright side. The latest hardware to play the games at max settings is not only hard to find, but also obscenely expensive. This is a good thing for me as a person stuck with the Switch/PS4/1070 GTX lol
There's always an alternative:

You Can’t Buy A PS5 Or Xbox Series X, But For $100 More You Can Have The Atari VCS
The one saving grace for the Atari VCS here is that it’s functionally a mini-PC. You can upgrade some of the memory modules and if you want to install Linux on the box, you’re free to do so. It’s still running relatively ancient hardware: it’s a dual-core R1606G AMD APU from 2019, built off the 14nm architecture and process behind the original Ryzen CPUs.

So while the official trailer advertises the ability to play modern games, don’t expect to do so particularly well. It can run games like Skyrim at 60 FPS … if you’re happy tanking all the settings to low and running at 720p.
:run:
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Wasn't sure where to put this, but the new Dark Alliance game is shit. IGN gave it the same score they gave the last-gen potato version of Cyberpunk:
I badly wanted Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance to be an awesome co-op version of the pencil-and-paper tabletop RPGs I’ve loved for decades, but it just isn’t. It’s a bland, boring trek through repetitive encounters that’s filled with bugs and annoying design choices, and though it allows you to play alone you absolutely should not do that because it’s an imbalanced nightmare. I can praise its faithful look and feel, which captures much of what makes Forgotten Realms a great setting, but there’s very little else to recommend about this unpolished mess of a hack-and-slash RPG.
https://www.ign.com/articles/dungeons-a ... nce-review
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

t0mby wrote: 13 Jun 2021 07:08 pm For the two of us that play Rocksmith, we can register for the closed Beta here.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-su ... -of-gaming

I just got my invite, but like a true rockstar, I'm in bed..
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

unfnknblvbl wrote: 16 Jul 2021 09:32 pm
t0mby wrote: 13 Jun 2021 07:08 pm For the two of us that play Rocksmith, we can register for the closed Beta here.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-su ... -of-gaming

I just got my invite, but like a true rockstar, I'm in bed..
Just got my invite today but need to setup all the ubisoft stuff first.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Thought I'd give it a whirl with one of my 8-strings.

Yeah, nah. That's just confusing as all hell. :laugh:
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Gave it a go, absolute shit track list for the Beta. Bizarrely seems to be a lot of songs with well not much guitar? Also still getting fucked off with the recognition on a lot of chords or certain notes just not registering like RS2014
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Yeah, I gave Flight of the Valkyries a bash, and it was... Weird. Hardly anything to actually play, and what there was didn't make a lot of sense.

Chord detection is a dark art, though..
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Thanks for testing it for me guys! :up:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I've always wanted to play through Dead Space. I have started it a few times, and enjoyed it, but never stuck with it due to other distractions.
It's always been near the top of my "will maybe play through one day if I can fit it in" list.
This could be it.
EA, I'll be naturally cautious and wait for reviews, but if it delivers, this could be my first EA full price game since NHL09.
(I fished Titanfall 1 and 2 out of the bargain bin).
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Dead space as fantastic but do we need yet another remake.. no
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Will the beta is closed now. Email from Ubisoft:
As a thank you for playing the PC Closed Beta, we’re also giving you an exclusive offer to keep helping you on your guitar learning journey. For participating in the PC Closed Beta, you can get 3-months free when you subscribe to a 12-month subscription, or 1-month free when you subscribe to a 3-month subscription with Rocksmith+.
Subscription? GTFO
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Twiztid Elf wrote: 23 Jul 2021 08:50 am
I've always wanted to play through Dead Space. I have started it a few times, and enjoyed it, but never stuck with it due to other distractions.
It's always been near the top of my "will maybe play through one day if I can fit it in" list.
This could be it.
EA, I'll be naturally cautious and wait for reviews, but if it delivers, this could be my first EA full price game since NHL09.
(I fished Titanfall 1 and 2 out of the bargain bin).
Great atmosphere. Recommended to play at night, with the lights off and either a good home theater system or some headphones.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Froggy wrote: 21 Jul 2021 11:20 am Gave it a go, absolute shit track list for the Beta. Bizarrely seems to be a lot of songs with well not much guitar? Also still getting fucked off with the recognition on a lot of chords or certain notes just not registering like RS2014
unfnknblvbl wrote: 21 Jul 2021 07:16 pm Yeah, I gave Flight of the Valkyries a bash, and it was... Weird. Hardly anything to actually play, and what there was didn't make a lot of sense.

Chord detection is a dark art, though..
Wasn't sure where to post this, dig up the 8yo thread or continue here. Basically, Ubisoft listened to the Beta feedback and have delayed the game from summer 2021 (been and gone) to some time in 2022. I only found out because I was contemplating buying it on Xbox but they only have 2014 edition, which I have on PS4.

https://news.softpedia.com/news/rocksmi ... 4034.shtml
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yeah I saw that. Not sure how they gonna fix it, surely it'd be even slower when not using the cable and it just hates anything from around the 2nd to 5th fret on my low e string, like it's off a step. The worst bit about the trial though was the shite list of songs.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The cable is only a USB audio interface, there's nothing special about it. All the magic is in the software.