Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: Announcements Season 2021

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I thought it was a strong show for Game Pass. For me the games that really stood out are Starfield (going by the theme and art from the short prerendered clip) and FH5. Redfall looks promising. I love Arkane but there's not much there yet. I'm interested in Stalker 2, Atomic Heart, Replaced and maybe a couple more and thanks to Game Pass we get to try them out for now additional outlay. I'm getting Far Cry 6 from Ubisoft.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

What to make of the Avatar game from Ubi/Massive. It will be a polished experience and look great but does anyone care about Avatar? It was a novel cinema experience 12 or so years ago but didn't leave a lasting impact. I guess it was intended to coincide with the Avatar sequels that have been repeatedly delayed.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote: 14 Jun 2021 12:43 pm
t0mby wrote: 14 Jun 2021 11:19 amLooks ok.
:up: t0mby and 3 of your friends like this.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You're right, Stalker 2 and Atomic Heart look very promising.

Kinda feels like Microsoft had an offer out: put your games on Game Pass for Day One and we'll put your game on our E3 showcase.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

FH5 looked amazing. It’s my favourite MS franchise and just seeing it grow over the years to what it is today is very pleasing.

But I only watched the stream I think on Twitter and need to see it on YouTube in better quality.

FH5 30fps or 60fps? I am sure they will offer 60fps, but the stream I watched was 30fps I believe. Talking about Series X.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I am really struggling to be excited about Halo.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

BF2042 looks off visually. Looked nothing like the trailer they just released.

I had a proper look at FH5 in 4K , and yep, 60fps goodness.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Only game shown I care about was Elden Ring which has shot up to my most anticipated game.

Hope Capcom/Nintendo bring in the goods.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Capcpom

RE Village, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright.
Crossed to SFV e-sports stuff.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

flipswitch wrote: 14 Jun 2021 06:04 pm BF2042 looks off visually. Looked nothing like the trailer they just released.
Yep, it was pretty disappointing how 95% of the trailer involved vehicles being exploded to try and hide the poor LOD/Lighting and janky animations. Gunplay looked weak and environment destruction was absent.

I think I'll be passing on it and waiting for it to come to EA play next year, Halo MP looks fun and I'll spend time with that end of year especially with confirmation BTB is there day one.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Stalker 2 was a surprise, I'd actually forgotten about the original. Would've been good if they'd dropped the original onto Gamepass for consoles like now as to build the hype. That would've been quite a good marketing campaign.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Was hoping they would announce the exclusivity of Disco Elysium The Final Cut would be lifted and coming to Xbox soon. Can't really be arsed with buying PS Store cards from UK to get it on PS4 when I know patience will pay off.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

There's a new game that looks a little bit like Amped so I am fucking excited
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

t0mby wrote: 13 Jun 2021 07:08 pm For the two of us that play Rocksmith, we can register for the closed Beta here.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-su ... -of-gaming
Boom registered. I've been hoping for a new Rocksmith with improvements so pretty happy about this.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

MOTHER FUKKING ADVANCE WARS 1+2 REMAKE
PACK IT UP. NINTENDO WINS.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Nintendo

Kazuya (Tekken) - joins Smash
Life is Strange - Remastered / True Colors
Guardians of the Galaxy
Worms Rumble
Astria Ascending
Two Point Campus
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
Mario Party Superstars
Metroid Dread
Just Dance 2022
Cruis'n Blast
Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
Mario Golf Super Rush
Monster Hunter Stories 2 Wings of Ruin
Wario Ware Get it Together
Shin Megami Tensei 5
Danganronpa Decadence
Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water
Doom Eternal the Ancient Gods part one
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2
Strange Brigade
Mario+Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp - December 3
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Expansion Pass
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD
Zelda Game+Watch retro
Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 - 2022
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Yeah, Nintendo and Elden Ring were my highlights.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Rocksmith one is cool, they've gone exactly where I hoped they would with it. As someone who likes to get the ol rocksmith out and play along it is great but I've had issues with CDLC hanging the computer where I gave up and went to youtube to find songs. Also the cable wasn't always the most accurate so should be some decent improvement in sound tech now and their software, I've signed up to get on the Beta so hopefully I can get an early look.

FH5 - Fuck yes, disappointed it's not Japan but looks great. Have put many many hours into FH4.

Have bought a new M.2 stick so I am ready for Age of Empires 4, looks good to, hopefully it plays like 2.

Game Pass continues to rock. Great value with the upcoming games, FH5 alone.

I feel everything's still rooted and behind due to Corona, so I'm not that disappointed with E3 because there was the lowered expecations to begin with. Everyone's still struggling and so many games are well behind and not even out yet that were slated for end of year/early this year release. I think next year hopefully we get some normality. We have some individual shows coming now right and a couple of other ones? Looking forward to what Sony drops about their PSVR2.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Wario and Advance Wars

Just give me a switch pro now with a decent screen pls
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Oh and Flight Simulator on Series X will be sweet. Not sure though on how that is gonna go with all the data and hard disk requirements, I'll need to read up on it.

Find it hard to ever get excited about Nintendo, their first party games are generally boring rehashing now and that list of games there is full of things everyone else has had for ages or mediocre shovel-ware aimed at parents with no idea. Plus you get the added benefit of knowing you'll finally get access to an old game that won't run well. I wish they'd invest in some decent hardware again but the Wii success has turfed that.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Who won E3?

Game Pass
The stars were aligned for Microsoft to deliver a phenomenal E3 2021 showcase and it's fair to say that Xbox and Bethesda delivered. The firm had already firmly established Game Pass as a service offering unbeatable value, but remarkably, the show did an impressive job of making the subscription seem almost indispensable. And in the process, Xbox went one stage further in comprehensively taking down the argument that its first-party line-up is lacking, while at the same time addressing the cross-gen controversy that made it feel like Microsoft wasn't fully committed to the concept of delivering games tailored to the strengths of the new wave of console and PC hardware. This one had it all - and perhaps it actually delivered too much, to the detriment of some of the games shown.
Froggy wrote:Have bought a new M.2 stick so I am ready for Age of Empires 4, looks good to, hopefully it plays like 2.
AoE2 is my most played game of all time, but I've already played the original CD release, the HD remake AND the Definitive Edition remake to death, so I'm a bit disappointed that this looks like yet another remake BUT THIS TIME 3D! I'll be playing it Day One thanks to Game Pass, but yeah. It's a shame they abandoned their original idea of each Age game moving forward in time. AoE4 should be set in roughly Napoleon times, but we seem stuck on the medieval treadmill :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Yeah, I've been sucking at AOE2 forever. The HD Remake has been great just buggy as hell for a while. I am concerned though with this one that they are making the same camera mistake as 3 and having it way too close. I hope it's not and you can zoom out to manage but the footage does have me worried.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Wow, what a non-event. Elden Ring already looks dated. Metroid looks ok I suppose. Really struggling to find anything else I give a shit about.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Gamma wrote: 18 Jun 2021 09:07 am Wow, what a non-event. Elden Ring already looks dated. Metroid looks ok I suppose. Really struggling to find anything else I give a shit about.
Think of the bright side. The latest hardware to play the games at max settings is not only hard to find, but also obscenely expensive. This is a good thing for me as a person stuck with the Switch/PS4/1070 GTX lol