Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Windows 11

Post by unfnknblvbl »

BOOMY wrote: 07 Oct 2021 09:48 pm so no benefits what so ever.
like what the actual fuck then?

obviously a bad decision overall and no one sounds happy about it but what were they actually thinking when they did this, like what are the benefits in their eyes? if you were to give some diplomatic answer that can make this seem even slightly objectively a good decision, what would it be?
Security. Virtualisation Based Security and the TPM enforcement is a substantial step up in the fight against malware, and I imagine enterprise will be all over this, once they get over having to invest in new hardware. I'd even go as far as to say that enterprise and government were lobbying MS for this.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Seems like windows 11 is a waste of time if you care about performance.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Was really surprised just how close it was in fresh installs. Only difference was when VBS was on.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I made the mistake of upgrading my PC to Windows 11. Was thinking to upgrade my cpu soon with maybe a 13900k so I figured I need the new P/E core aware scheduler.

Well at first it looks to have worked ok, but then I discovered my printer no longer worked, bluetooth add/remove was broken, Network discovery no longer works, just having the onboard wifi enabled causes task manager to hang/stop updating. Tried all the fixes, did an inplace reinstall of windows 11 and these problems still persist. I was able to work around the printer issue using the old hardware wizard and I've just disabled the onboard wifi/bt for the time being.

I read some comments where people who did fresh installs still had these problems, so I'm thinking there is a hardware compatibility issue/bug related to all these, 22H2 release is due soon so I'll persist and hope they fix their shit in the new release.

Performance wise, seems the same as my win10 install although there are less stutters/loading pauses in games, I think the underlying IO system is more efficient.