Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: GTA Trilogy - Definitive Edition

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

pilonv1 wrote: 16 Nov 2021 09:57 am
Ambrose Burnside wrote: 15 Nov 2021 06:10 pm Forgot how good San Andreas was after giving up on it when I hit those remote control plane levels in the second city. Was an optional mission too, I should have just sucked it up and continued with the game and finish it, but they really did piss me off :lol:
:lol: that's exactly where I gave up. Fucking stupid mission.
:lol: I'm hoping the improved controls make it bearable this time around.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

t0mby wrote: 16 Nov 2021 10:05 am Take Twos shares dropped today, from $187 each to $177, got out just in time. 😅

Which versions are those images above? Is the first one the Definitive Edition and the bottom the modded one?

The first is the original, the second is the definitive edition...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

So they rounded off the nut? 😅
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

All of the characters look like cheap versions of characters from the animated Star Wars series...
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Anyway, refunded, thankfully. I haven't bought many games in recent years. Nothing really grabs my attention enough to warrant buying anything. As it stands, the last two games I've bought on LIVE have been refunded. Cyberpunk and GTA Definitive. I just cannot believe Rockstar would put shit on CDProjekt red for releasing Cyberpunk in the state they did, then release the Definitive Trilogy in the state it was released. Very disappointed in both companies.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

At least Cyberpunk was Games Ranch's Game Of The Year. I don't see GTA Trilogy getting there.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah, I guess most people here haven't actually played an open world/sandpit game, so that makes sense...
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Cletus wrote: 18 Nov 2021 10:40 am I just cannot believe Rockstar would put shit on CDProjekt red for releasing Cyberpunk in the state they did, then release the Definitive Trilogy in the state it was released.
Difference is, I'm not sure Rockstar will do much to fix it. This isn't a labour of love that they've been working on for ten years of after all. They started from an inferior version, and then let "AI" manage all the upscaling and pettiness. They didn't even port it to their own damn engine, ffs.

They just don't care. And I doubt they'll fix it in any meaningful way.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Minimumal patches at best. Rockstar don't care, they'll make money regardless. Projekt Red had way too much lose whereas Rockstar didnt even deem the definitive version important enough to work on it themselves.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

There's also the fact that it was possible to actually get a decent experience in Cyberpunk 2077 through sheer luck. I didn't have any of the dramas that so many other people were reporting, for example. The GTA Trilogy though, there's no way that only a vocal handful of people are getting incorrectly spelled posters and mysteriously rounded nuts.

It's pretty wild that the only way you can actually play a definitive version of the games now is by pirating the original release/s.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I don't think that's true at all. Cyberpunk was a mess. It was only a minority who didn't have issues. YOU might not have had issues but the vast majority did have issues. You (and seemingly everyone else here who gave CDPR a pass on the game) were more than happy to overlook glaring issues. I wasn't prepared to do that. As poorly cooked as the Definitive edition is for GTA, there's no way it has as many game-breaking bugs and so on. It's still bad, and I won't pay money for that, but you can try to justify why you gave CDPR a pass, it doesn't matter to me. I didn't and due to the fact that they clearly lied right up until the day it was released, I won't go back. Still stunned by the idea that the game won any awards before it was even released.

As for this "It's pretty wild that the only way you can actually play a definitive version of the games now is by pirating the original release/s.", well anyone could argue that the old games were available to buy and download up until a few weeks ago. By now, most gamers who gave a damn, would have already had them, or even multiple versions across several formats. It's pisspoor that Rockstar has withdrawn them from sale. All you're really doing is confirming my belief that a lot of you are still more than happy to give CDPR a pass on lying, releasing an unfinished game and basically ripping off the masses. Definitive version is a mess, but not nearly as bad as Cyberpunk (probably even to date). It didn't promise things that it could never deliver and as buggy as GTA DE is, it's still easily more playable (as long as it doesn't rain) than cyberpunk was out of the box..

Because even now, it's bubububu Cyberpunk was ok and GTA is so much worse (untrue). They were both bad, and you can look at it from various angles...Rockstar had more than enough resources to actually make this release of GTA an actual Definitive edition but they did not. What they certainly didn't do was promise a slew of gameplay features that never existed in the first place. CDPR did. They didn't promise online multiplayer that will most likely now never happen. CDPR did. They didn't show gameplay footage that literally does not exist. CDPR did. And as I mentioned, I won't give either company a pass on that kind of behaviour. I'll leave that to you boys.

But you go ahead and keep deepthroating CDPR if you like...only a very few of us here weren't prepared to do that. I honestly feel that it's a blemish on this forum.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Uhhhhhhh cool story, GameHED. Did you miss the bit where I said "through sheer luck"? I'm not deepthroating cdpr any more than I am any other game developer. I couldn't give two shits about the Witcher series; Cyberpunk is the first of their games that I've actually enjoyed at all, and even then I still can't be bothered finishing it thanks to patch after patch demanding more disk space than I had available. I only became interested in the game at all when it was released, so I wasn't as emotionally invested in it as you clearly were. I don't know about any of the canned features, so I don't care. End of story, go have your rant at someone it might be applicable to.

Oh, and "anyone could argue that the old games were available to buy and download up until a few weeks ago."..?
I mean, they could, but they'd be wrong. The original releases (for PC, at least) were replaced by ones based on the mobile ports years and years ago.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Cletus wrote: 18 Nov 2021 01:25 pm Minimumal patches at best. Rockstar don't care, they'll make money regardless. Projekt Red had way too much lose whereas Rockstar didnt even deem the definitive version important enough to work on it themselves.
Or they didn't have enough manpower because they'll all allocated to GTAVI...... 🤔

And ask Candy how good CP2077 is now. 😎
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Awesome rant Cletus. Out of nowhere, but awesome. You're also wrong, stuffing up a remaster of a 20 year old game and somehow making them worse than the originals and which struggle to hit 60 FPS on PS5/Series X is worse than stuffing up and releasing a game targeting high end PCs on potatoes. At least CD Projekt Red were ambitious.
Rockstar says it has "ongoing plans to address the technical issues and to improve each game" and that with each update "the games will reach the level of quality that they deserve to be". The first of these updates is due for all versions of the Definitive Edition "in the coming days".

Rockstar will also backtrack on its decision to remove the classic versions of GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas from sale - but only for PC, and only on its own launcher. It says it will be adding a new bundle featuring the original PC versions of the games to its launcher "shortly" and that it will also be giving the classic bundle to owners of the Definitive Edition on PC at no extra cost until 30th June next year. It is yet to make a similar offer for consoles.
Not sure if the original versions they're talking about re-listing are the actual original versions, or the shitty mobile ports that they replaced the originals with years ago.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021 ... ons-for-pc
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)