GTA Trilogy - Definitive Edition

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: GTA Trilogy - Definitive Edition

Post by Cletus »

Rorschach wrote: 06 Nov 2021 03:29 pm It was in Japanese at a time when I couldn’t speak Japanese.
Well, that makes sense...
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

flipswitch wrote: 06 Nov 2021 06:50 pm I remember coming out of the shopping centre in the car with GTAIII in my hands ( I wasn't driving) Such as special game.
Same:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:I was 17, last year of high school, and I didn't have a job at the time. My Grandad (RIP) would always send me gift cards for Christmas (back in the days when gift cards at Kmart were actual paper vouchers. Back in the days when Kmart sold games). GTAIII had a bit of hype at the time, but for me anyway I barely used the internet back then so the hype was from magazines etc. I saw it in Kmart in a bundle with a really crappy third party PS2 controller, but I needed a second controller, I knew vouchers were imminent, so I whacked it on laybuy.

Then I read in the newspaper that it was being pulled from the shelves. Newspaper. It's the little details that date this story.

Convinced my parents to lend me the cash (in exchange for my Grandad's gift vouchers when they arrived :lol: ) and raced down to the shops. And by raced I mean I jumped on the bus.

Joined the laybuy queue. Finally got to the front. Old lady at the counter. Asked to pick up my laybuy. She went out the back and was out there for AGES. Finally came back to tell me my laybuy was wrapped up (ready to be sent back to the supplier, but she didn't know that). Then out of nowhere my mate, who worked at Kmart at the time (and is now a high-flying lawyer), appeared at my side and came up with an absolute bs story (see, lawyer) that I'd called up earlier that day to say I'll be coming in to pick it up, and that's why it was all wrapped up for me. She bought it, and handed me the package. My mate just grins at me, and tells me to leave.

I felt like the most hardcore criminal ever on my way home :lol:
Still have that PS2 copy. Also own it on Xbox.

Guess I'll buy it again :lol:

No game has captured the feeling of playing GTAIII for the first time since.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I wonder what the percentage of GTA III players had played the 2D ones preiously compared to first time with a GTA game? I played a little bit of GTA2 on Dreamcast but I just couldn't get into it, I guess because by then we were all after 3D experiences over 2D ones.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Are these games still going to have their original soundtracks??
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Missing songs from new collection

GTA: Vice City
Michael Jackson -“Billie Jean”
Michael Jackson -“Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin”
Ozzy Osbourne -“Bark At The Moon”
Kate Bush -“Wow”
Herbie Hancock – “Rock It”
Afrika Bambaataa -“Looking For The Perfect Beat”
Lionel Richie – “Running with the Night”

GTA: San Andreas
2 Pac – “I Don’t Give A (profanity)”
Compton’s Most Wanted – “Hood Took Me Under”
NWA – “Express Yourself”
Ozzy Osbourne – “Hellraiser”
Rage Against the Machine – “Killing in the Name”
Charles Wright – “Express Yourself”
The Blackbyrds – “Rock Creek Park”
James Brown – “Funky President”
Macer & The Macks – “Soul Power ‘74”
James Brown – “The Payback”
The JB’s – “Grunt”
Ultramagnetic MC’s – “Critical Beatdown”
Fatback – “Yum Yum”
Roy Ayers – “Running Away”
The Gap Band – “You Dropped A Bomb On Me”
Tom Petty – “Running Down A Dream”
Joe Cocker – “Woman to Woman”
Black Harmony – “Don’t Let It Go to Your Head”
Blood Sisters – “Ring My Bell
Ambrose Burnside

Ugh. The opening to Vice City when you first hop in a car taking control of Tommy Vercetti and Billie Jean is playing is a defining moment in gaming for me :(

Have they replaced the missing songs with anything else?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Fuck licensing agreements. Fuck them all in the arse with a bad dragon dildo. Do they have to redo the opening scene of The Italian Job with a different car every time they release it on a new format?

I hope they'll let us drop the original radio files in there. I listen to Flash FM in my car every now & then...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 11 Nov 2021 09:25 pm Ugh. The opening to Vice City when you first hop in a car taking control of Tommy Vercetti and Billie Jean is playing is a defining moment in gaming for me :(

Have they replaced the missing songs with anything else?
Mine was when Tommy went to the Launch and they were playing "Out of Touch" by Hall & Oates. Fuck that song gets me every time, that and I'm Free by Kenny Loggins which is on GTAV. Takes me back to 1984 listening to American Top 40 with Kasey Kasem on Sundays when I lived on Papua New Guinea.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside

Rockstar Launcher on PC has crashed hard this morning. Peeps won't be able to download or play their shiny new remasters.

Individual publisher stores are the devil.

I'll be downloading San Andreas on Game Pass.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Man San Andreas feels like a ghost town and you realise how much hand holding there is in games today. I did the first bike ride with the gang then they tell me to go get a haircut and that's it. No idea where to go, no icons on the map except a trophy for a race I'm not skilled enough to enter. Credit due, R* have at least made the game look a bit better and the controls feel like GTAV except for the running assigned to the stick. Dunno if I'd buy it though.

Edit.
Had to save the game at Carls house to get the first mission. Manual saving, forgot that was a thing. 😅
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Rockstar have pulled this from sale on PC.

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/rock ... sale-on-pc
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ugh, that's no good. Wonder if Bluepoint could've done a better job. This is from that link Pep posted.

"At the time of writing there's been no official statement from Rockstar to provide an explanation, but since the game launched across other platforms, negative reviews have been flooding in regarding its quality, which hoards of disappointed fans across all available platforms.

There's some speculation that GTA: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition has been removed as a result of this early feedback, however, this could somehow be in relation to the ongoing maintenance, or simply some last-minute bug fixes. We won't know for sure until an official statement has been made, but we've reached out to Rockstar for clarification."

Time to sell my stock. 😅
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

So....while it's not as bad as the Cyberpunk release ( I doubt anything is EVER going to top that effort), this is a supremely shitty offering. That rain man...holy fuck. Spelling errors on billboards and shop fronts. Some utterly woeful character models. Collision detection missing on some parts of the map. It needs quite a bit of patching to bring this up to speed. It's absolutely inexcusable not having Michael Jackson's songs....and some others not being there is terrible, like Kate Bush's "Wow"...How does this happen? How can they call it a definitive version? As it stands, the originals still remain as the definitive versions, not that you can buy them now.

But my god, that rain...how did this make it out for public consumption?

Anyway, I did the Taxi missions in San Andreas. I'll do the rest (Vigilante, Firetruck and ambulance ) over the next few nights hopefully, and build CJ up before even considering storyline missions. It's nice to have max health, max armour and complete flame resistance before you attack the storyline.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Those wondering what GTA modded can look like on PC, check this video.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah but thats GTAV. Even the best mods for the OG trilogy wont come up looking like that...nobody should have been expecting that level, unless the whole game was remade, which it was never advertised as being.

Problem is the "Definitive Editions" should have been at least up to the standard of the best GTA3-GTA:SA mods or better. They aren't.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Oh well, at least we've got the GTA IV Definitive Edition to look forward to. 🤫
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Cletus wrote: 14 Nov 2021 09:35 am So....while it's not as bad as the Cyberpunk release ( I doubt anything is EVER going to top that effort), this is a supremely shitty offering. That rain man...holy fuck. Spelling errors on billboards and shop fronts. Some utterly woeful character models. Collision detection missing on some parts of the map. It needs quite a bit of patching to bring this up to speed. It's absolutely inexcusable not having Michael Jackson's songs....and some others not being there is terrible, like Kate Bush's "Wow"...How does this happen? How can they call it a definitive version? As it stands, the originals still remain as the definitive versions, not that you can buy them now.

But my god, that rain...how did this make it out for public consumption?

Anyway, I did the Taxi missions in San Andreas. I'll do the rest (Vigilante, Firetruck and ambulance ) over the next few nights hopefully, and build CJ up before even considering storyline missions. It's nice to have max health, max armour and complete flame resistance before you attack the storyline.
Sounds like a disaster. Feeling a bit better about this not being on Gamepass for PC now. Hopefully they sort out the PC version and the modders can get their hands on it.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Getting slammed on all formats on Metacritic in the user reviews. People are claiming it's based on the 2014 mobile releases with upscaled textures, also interesting is R* have not only removed the original games but apparently banned all the mods too. Ugh, sounds like a cluster fuck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ambrose Burnside

I heard that one of the issues with the PC version was that Hot Coffee in San Andreas, and all the cut songs were still in the code, just commented out :lol:

The actual music files too, not just references to them in the code.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yup, the more I read into it the more it sounds like a rushed out cash grab just to inject more money into the Take Two train. R* better do a great job on the next gen update for Series X & PS5. I do t want no broken game shipped out.
Ambrose Burnside

It's back on PC now.

Game Pass is great for these situations. Although I haven't seen too many issues with it yet. But I'm still in those early tutorial type levels.

Forgot how good San Andreas was after giving up on it when I hit those remote control plane levels in the second city. Was an optional mission too, I should have just sucked it up and continued with the game and finish it, but they really did piss me off :lol:

Finished GTA3 and Vice City back in the day though. But not San Andreas.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I kinda just figured people were overreacting, but then I just saw this on Twitter...
download_20211116_083511.jpg
Jesus H. Christ...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 15 Nov 2021 06:10 pm Forgot how good San Andreas was after giving up on it when I hit those remote control plane levels in the second city. Was an optional mission too, I should have just sucked it up and continued with the game and finish it, but they really did piss me off :lol:
:lol: that's exactly where I gave up. Fucking stupid mission.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Take Twos shares dropped today, from $187 each to $177, got out just in time. 😅

Which versions are those images above? Is the first one the Definitive Edition and the bottom the modded one?
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Notwitstanding the shoddiness I'm disappointed the source material for the remasters are the maligned mobile platofrm ports.