Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Halo Infinite - Campaign Overview

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

My PC sets all graphical settings to Low by default :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

I can't seem to get it to look right on the Xbox SX. When it first kicked off it seemed too bright. (Black boarders in the cut scenes were grey). So turned the brightness down and hdr up in the calibration. Then when I finally got outside it's too dark.

Set back to default and still seems dark.

On an OLED display. Not sure what's the deal.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

unfnknblvbl wrote: 10 Dec 2021 11:38 pm
Peppermint Lounge wrote: 09 Dec 2021 01:00 pm I've not played a minute of the revered Halo 3
Are you serious?? We should play co-op!
Feel free to hit me up if you see me on. Enjoying Halo 3 quite a bit.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Fuck I haven't finished Halo 2 yet, let alone 3 or the rest.

Jumped back in yesterday :lol:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Feel I want to play through again, especially Halo 2. Haven't played that through since after it's launch.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Just did a quick side by side of Halo 3 and Infinite. Forgot you could dual wield small arms and the movement is extremely floaty in the older game. I'm not sure if it's a remake or not but Halo 3 still holds up extremely well. The grapple hook is extremely OP - fully maxed out you can almost fly up the side of mountains. I had read they were aiming for a Breath of the Wild sized overworld - hopefully this happens in future DLCs. The graphical style is effectively the same but the fidelity is that much higher in Infinity (naturally).
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

It's the first Halo I've played since Reach, well, not counting 1&2 in the MCC but that doesn't really count. Loving this new one but I'm lost with the story, Chaos tried to fill me in a little bit. Game itself plays well, Heroic is where it's at, still a bit of a challenge in places. Game has a few bugs, namely upgrading your equipment, multiple time I went to upgrade once and it gave me a couple of upgrades at no charge. Had 7 Spartan Cores, upgraded the grapple to lvl 5 (said 3 cores) and it upgraded the threat sensor to max as well, still had 4 cores left. All my stuff if fully upgraded now and I still have heaps of cores in hand. Haven't finished the campaign yet, up to a Sphire (Sphere?) after getting data from 4 places. Islands are ace, really loved the one with all the crashed ships, very cool. Great game, almost feel guilty for not buying it. 😅
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I'm impressed of it's performance on a One X and a Series X. It looks great on both, from what it was to what they delivered it's a great recovery.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

It looks and plays great on both my PC and Series X. I've just got no idea what's going on with the story. None at all. I still have questions from two games ago that 343 haven't bothered answering yet, ffs.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

All you really need to know is Cortana went nuts and took over the galaxy but that was the end of Halo 5. Halo Infinite is like an add-on for Halo 6 that expects you to fill in the gaps on what would have been a much more interesting story.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Loving the MP of this, even though it could do with double the maps at least and BTB seems to have its issues. My biggest gripe though is the XP and the way it's dished out. We should be getting things like 5xp for 5x kills per weapon (eg 5 kills with pistol award, 5 kills with Battle Rifle Award) and maybe 10xp for double kill, 20xp for Triple Kill, 80xp for Quad Kill, basically, XP awarded for awards earned. Instead, you get a couple of hundred for the first few rounds for participating, you don't even have to win, just finish a round, then it's reduced to 50xp per round, plus the weekly tasks like get 5 headshots, win 3 rounds, get 10 kills with the *insert any weapon*. There's literally no xp given for skill, just generic weekly and daily tasks. It's a bit shit because once all the tasks are completed you can only earn a max of 50xp until the daily ones reset and the weekly ones reset every Tues or Wed.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

This game (campaign) seems really really good.

So much that I'm now downloading Halo 4 to start to catch up on what has happened since Halo 3, and might borrow a mate's XBONE to play 5. Last Halo game I played through was Reach/ODST, whichever one of those was most recent.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

OK maybe not. Playing Halo 4 has made me realise just how much of a step up Infinite is in terms of mobility and controls. Will catch up on the story through YouTube :lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Halo 4 basically shat on a whole lot of what happened in #2 and 3, and doesn't bother to explain why. It makes me very angry.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I powered through 3 recently and loved it. Moved straight onto ODST and lost interest pretty quickly. My preference was to finish the earlier games before embarking on Infinte but not sure I'll make it.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

ODST requires some serious effort, but Reach, on the other hand... have you played that one yet?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So I think I've reached the point of this game where I've realised it is The Silent Cartographer made into a full game, only without a real story.

It seems to be a game that plays brilliantly (gameplay mechanics) but it is the same combat encounters and mission types repeated over the same environment.

If I'm wrong, happy to be corrected and I will power through, otherwise I think I'm about done.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

unfnknblvbl wrote: 07 Jan 2022 09:05 pm ODST requires some serious effort, but Reach, on the other hand... have you played that one yet?
First of the MCC campaigns I played. I was underwhelmed but liked it more in the late game. Liked how it tied in with Combat Evolved. Combat Evolved and Halo 3 are my favourites.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

I enjoyed the atmosphere of walking around the city at night listening to soft jazz.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Candy Arse wrote: 10 Jan 2022 05:17 pm So I think I've reached the point of this game where I've realised it is The Silent Cartographer made into a full game, only without a real story.

It seems to be a game that plays brilliantly (gameplay mechanics) but it is the same combat encounters and mission types repeated over the same environment.

If I'm wrong, happy to be corrected and I will power through, otherwise I think I'm about done.
You are absolutely correct. All the enemy types are ones you've seen before, and they way they up the difficulty is just to give the baddies more health. Some of the latter battles are exhausting as a result.

But, finding Easter eggs and skulls is still fun. I found a miniature glowing Phantom that was wreaking havoc, but refused to be shot down. And a Halo arcade game..
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Candy Arse wrote: 10 Jan 2022 05:17 pm So I think I've reached the point of this game where I've realised it is The Silent Cartographer made into a full game, only without a real story.

You are right, same thing over and over. It isn't a long campaign anyway so you might be a fair way through it could be worth pushing on. Once you get some suit upgrades to a point everything becomes pretty quick, I completed everything on the map and it didn't really take very long. The last third I'd just rock up and beast through all the high value targets etc without much issue.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Finished the main story last night. It was underwhelming. The Harbinger was a nothing boss - I didn't know why I was killing this small alien thing ultimately. All I knew was that the final battle was just frustrating. The last wave being mobbed by an armoured Brute with a gravity hammer whilst being pursued by multiple Elites - not fun at all. Overall - the game is fun to play but it lacks diversity of levels and no real stakes. I'm hoping the episodic content picks this game up.