Blue Dragon in the warehouse and shipping now.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

Ben wrote:I quite enjoyed the demo so I'm looking forward to Blue Dragon. Ordered the US one from Play-Asia as I'm in no big rush for it though and it worked out with a discount coupon to be about $70 shipped.
I have now returned my copy, and preordered halo 3 instead.

Smartest move I have made in a while, finishing Blue Dragon would be like making a completely pattern-less quilt. You finish, and you wonder what happened to you're 30 hours. If I had kept that, that would have been the worst gaming investment I made since buying my DS.
God I hate smashmouth and the offspring.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Hey I just noticed when I looked at the Aussie box last night that Blue Dragon supports 1080p! Awesome :up:

I also noticed that the European version of Blue Dragon has a cooler box art :( after I bought the US version (mainly because it was cheaper :P) to avoid the Aussie ratings label and everything!

Still waiting on my copy though, hopefully it'll arrive today and I can get stuck into it on the weekend after I knock off Halo 2 tonight.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Everything supports 1080p though. Doesn't mean it's rendering internally at 1080p.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

mech wrote:Everything supports 1080p though. Doesn't mean it's rendering internally at 1080p.
Everything gets upscaled to 1080p yes, but surely the games that list 1080p as a feature on the box render it internally at that resolution?

Bioshock/Earth Defence Force etc?

Otherwise why not list it on the box of every game for the wank factor of saying, 'oh everyone one of our games supports 1080p' ?
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Ben wrote:Everything gets upscaled to 1080p yes, but surely the games that list 1080p as a feature on the box render it internally at that resolution?
Well THP8 and COD3 both fail to render internally at even 720p (COD3 being 620 lines, THP8 at 584 lines) and they still list 720p and 1080i on the back of the box. Blue Dragon is also listed as 720p on xbox.com.

CVG said it supports 1080p but I seriously think they're getting confused with the scaler.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Talez wrote:
Ben wrote:Everything gets upscaled to 1080p yes, but surely the games that list 1080p as a feature on the box render it internally at that resolution?
Well THP8 and COD3 both fail to render internally at even 720p (COD3 being 620 lines, THP8 at 584 lines) and they still list 720p and 1080i on the back of the box. Blue Dragon is also listed as 720p on xbox.com.

CVG said it supports 1080p but I seriously think they're getting confused with the scaler.

hmmm ic, that's unfortunate.

oh well at least it will look nice when I get to play it, 1080p or not I'll be playing upscaled to that res.

edit: back on topic, I read something about new game+ not being included in the PAL/NTSC-U versions of the game, but there is a patch out (only in HK??) to fix it, does anyone know anything about that?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

There is a patch out now but its listed in the marketplace under Blue Dragon adding an extra Hard mode and something else I believe.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yeah I noticed not too long ago that the ultra hard mod was out on the Aus marketplace (it contains the new game+ feature as well), I'd already downloaded it from the HK marketplace a while back though. :)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Blue Dragon in the warehouse and shipping now.

Post by unfnknblvbl »

<nine years later>

I finally got around to finishing this tonight. Didn't get to take care of all of the side missions (king poo is damn hard), but it was a satisfying adventure nonetheless.
It still looks good by today's standards, too.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

This thread is great. From the golden age of the Ranch :up:

Do people still like reading subtitles or did that die out with the JRPG not long after this thread was first created?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I always have subtitles turned on in every game.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Same.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I often have subtitles on as well, even if the game is in English.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I like subs when they use alien languages in games to give the fantasy cultures more realism.

The subs can be distracting to me otherwise. It makes you miss the action onscreen. I remember looking down at the screen all the time as a kid watching animes trying to read the text and while my eyes were reading the text I was missing out on what the characters were doing during action scene with quick cuts. Can be bloody annoying but watching more than once it gets easier.

Now I like subs more for the original voice acting. No I'm not a Sub only guy. I think more choices are always better. It shouldn't have to be either/or thing.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:This thread is great. From the golden age of the Ranch :up:

Do people still like reading subtitles or did that die out with the JRPG not long after this thread was first created?
The JRPG isn't dead. It's evolving more for the modern time. Have you seen Xenoblade on Wii and Wii U?

Try out Persona 4 and Trails of Cold Steel I and II on vita.

The WRPG look to be in the most trouble. (Dragon Age Inquisition being worse than Dragon Age. Fallout 4 not being made by Obsidian, Skyrim dumbing the ES series down more.) Apart from Witcher 3 WRPG is pretty much doomed. Don't even mention Mass Effect. (EA game + bioware suck nowadays and not as good as the past)

Hopefully Cyberpunk is good. (not a rip off of Elric of Melnibone so the developers will need to think up their own story)
CDProjekt Red is getting free government money:

http://wccftech.com/cd-projekt-red-gets ... overnment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These guys put EA and Bethesda to shame and I bet those two are pissed that they are not top dog anymore in terms of who makes the best RPG games anymore. :up: Also can't trust bioware/ea anymore with their social justice warrior retard messages. The feminists can fuck off. Stop pandering to female and male feminists and make games for ME not people who don't buy games. Show some fucking spine.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

This is half price ($15) on the marketplace now if you can't be bothered finding your disc copy. It's BC.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

For serial? That's a bargain!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I don't remember making this thread