Blue Dragon in the warehouse and shipping now.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

I will have the game on Monday... so I'm happy!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

A lot of the people who imported though would be die hard old school rpg fans who love the older style of combat system.

It's a big attraction for me.

But yeah, if the main characters don't interest me, there might be trouble.

Will I ever have another FF8? Vivi, Zidane... you guys were awesome.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

You mean 9.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

yes, 9, my brain is slipping.

8... <shudder>
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

I liked FFVIII haha.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

The main guy just annoyed me. I wanted slap him in the face. He was always ... and thinking inside his own head too much and I just wanted him to bone the many hot women in his life... I thought he was a jerk lol.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

mine has shipped... Australia Post Registered Mail... htf did I do that?? Oh well... wednesday by the lastest probably. No biggey, I have wed and thurs off :D
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

Got mine in my hands.....
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm not interested in your peni... oh your copy of the game. Understood.

IMpressions soon please :)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

OH YOU FUCKING SON OF A WHORE!!!

FUUUUUUUUCK!!!

So... the shitty title that was originally attached to my order of Blue Dragon... has shipped, via express post and will be here tomorrow... yet my copy of Blue Dragon, which was ready to ship friday, will not be here till god knows when. Why? Why did I have to screw with things? Why couldn't I just leave it all alone? I would have had both of them tomorrow if I hadn't of tried being smart and ended up fucking my self in the arse... FUCK!!!!

cunt motherfuck fuck shit fucker fuck!

argh...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

:lol:
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

So far so good. Unfortunately I haven't got to play it as long as I wanted to.

Only gripes so far is the camera in tight spots and the 'playable' & 'item' announcement that comes up.... I wonder if i can turn it off?...
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

You can turn off audio advice in the options.

I'm enjoying it, I loved the whole intro, running from the robots was cool.

It's very old school, and it has been done to death, but it is still enjoyable. Also, I don't mind Shu. He is pretty cocky, but it seems to work.

My post person decided to not knock on my door the other day. Instead they just left slip saying I could pick the game up from my post office. I go to the post office and they don't have it... I was very angry. But I have it today, and had a good chat with the guy at the post office about the 360. So in the end, a good time was had by all.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

The fact that it may have been done to death means nothing to me. I haven't played THAT many RPG's, though I do love them, especially that 'old school' kind. I'm buying too many games of late though, so I think I'll wait till it's cheaper.

It would be good to have a game that isn't a racer or FPS though.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

So far, the game is not only disappointing. It's trashy.

The piss poor ugly motion blur and depth of field effects would be great if the main characters where not personality - drained, drones. The old school fighting mechanics seems to pick up directly where final fantasy 1 left off, the storyline is drawn out, poor, badly written, boring, silted, and slow. The characters are more mannequins than developed beings. The flow is off kilt, slowed by the endless looping battles, the battles are poor, even if they are trying to be oldschool. When such great, unique, rich, role playing games, take a completely innovative turn, while maintaining, and improving upon the oldschool console dungeon hack, like persona 3 has, and then this next gen effort comes along, without any of that, and leaves nothing but an empty, creative-less shell. Being a huge fan of all final fantasy games, this is nothing like them, even recent gameboy rpg's had more depth than this heap of steaming animal carcus of a abomination.

0/10 - Destroys the idea that innovation can exist. Devoid of imagination, or script, a husk of a game that should never have been created. I hope the game developers can personally refund me, but that would not refund the endless sinking disappointment of the knowledge that utter evil trash can still be created. The worst game for the xbox 360, or any other platform, and a definite contender for worst game ever made, right next to HARD TRUCKS. Which was so buggy the installer left a virus.

Ps. Ive decided a 0/10 score is giving this too much credit. So i give it my first, MINUS 200,000,000,000 out of 10 score ever.
God I hate smashmouth and the offspring.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

I'm going to put this game up later this afternoon. I'm worried though. Going by everything I've read... I suspect it's not going to do anything for me. Likely to be an EB rental I guess. =/

Most flaws in role playing games I can put up with. If the story isn't there though... I can't look past that. Without a good story the game is pointless.

Blue Dragon is looking like it's going to be the biggest disappointment of 2007. :cry:
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD

Post by AgOnNy »

whitespider wrote:So far, the game is not only disappointing. It's trashy.

The piss poor ugly motion blur and depth of field effects would be great if the main characters where not personality - drained, drones. The old school fighting mechanics seems to pick up directly where final fantasy 1 left off, the storyline is drawn out, poor, badly written, boring, silted, and slow. The characters are more mannequins than developed beings. The flow is off kilt, slowed by the endless looping battles, the battles are poor, even if they are trying to be oldschool. When such great, unique, rich, role playing games, take a completely innovative turn, while maintaining, and improving upon the oldschool console dungeon hack, like persona 3 has, and then this next gen effort comes along, without any of that, and leaves nothing but an empty, creative-less shell. Being a huge fan of all final fantasy games, this is nothing like them, even recent gameboy rpg's had more depth than this heap of steaming animal carcus of a abomination.

0/10 - Destroys the idea that innovation can exist. Devoid of imagination, or script, a husk of a game that should never have been created. I hope the game developers can personally refund me, but that would not refund the endless sinking disappointment of the knowledge that utter evil trash can still be created. The worst game for the xbox 360, or any other platform, and a definite contender for worst game ever made, right next to HARD TRUCKS. Which was so buggy the installer left a virus.

Ps. Ive decided a 0/10 score is giving this too much credit. So i give it my first, MINUS 200,000,000,000 out of 10 score ever.
WTF??!!! Something tells me you just don't play many RPGs. I've been waiting for an RPG like this for ages. It's not the second coming, but its the best jap RPG to come to the 360.
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

Rpg's are my fav genre. This game, is at the rock-bottom of the list. In fact, bottem is a place reserved for titles infinitely more fresh than this hopeless waste of space game.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I am loving the cock rock boss fight music :D

This is the beginning something something something WAAAAHHHH!!!!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

ahahahahaha

The boss fight song is called Eternity, and it is by Ian Gillian from Deep Purple.

That is gold on so many levels.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Well I picked up my copy late this afternoon. I didn't get to play it a great deal, but the initial impressions I had from the game were very much the same as what I had of the demo - quite positive. I'm not able to base that on very much though, of course.

But I'll see where my opinion stands after this weekend once I've given it a good bash.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

AgOnNy wrote:WTF??!!! Something tells me you just don't play many RPGs. I've been waiting for an RPG like this for ages. It's not the second coming, but its the best jap RPG to come to the 360.
Hahha, thats not hard, I could put a shit in a case and stamp it NTSC/J prior to BD, wasnt like there was much competition. :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

But why did the japanese like it? I will end up buying it since it's the only japanese rpg out for now on 360.

There needs to be more japanese rpgs on 360 I reckon. Remember how there was none on Xbox? Not a good sign when there is a gap in the library.

Whitespider, is the hate more because it's not fresh or more because it's just old school? One of the things about japanese rpgs is they've all held onto the old school the way people have gotten used to EA games being roster updates but still liking them. Like it's a tradition to not change too much.

Occasionally you might get a jrpg that goes for a different approach like King's field (first person action rpg with freedom) but for the most part they've all felt the same with the difference being the story, characters, setting and maintaining similar themes with each other.
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

I'"ll give it another 3 hours soon. Then if the impression lasts, return.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Anyone seen this out cheap in JB/EB etc? Might pick it up on my lunch break if I can get it cheap rather than wait across the weekend for DVDCrave.

Also, did this have the option for original voices? I forget, or was that Eternal Sonata?