Blue Dragon in the warehouse and shipping now.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pat

Post by Pat »

:yawn:
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Perhaps a new simile/metaphor needs to be made.

We've already got "like shooting fish in a barrel" and "like taking candy from a baby." Perhaps we need to add "like owning Pat in an RPG argument."

...hmm, I don't think it'll catch on. Too wordy. Doesn't roll off the tongue easily enough.

Mind you, based on any threads in recent history at GR, you could probably shorten it to "like owning Pat" and it'd still be true. And I mean, really true, not 1-in-4 or 1-in-10 true.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Needs more ".........."
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

More like needs more thread locked/deleted/moved to Freemason's Lodge.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Seraph

Post by Seraph »

If that was a Blue Dragon screenshot, it'd be a shark.
Pat

Post by Pat »

If it was a Final Fantasy storyline inspiration, it would be an X.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

If it was inspired by Star Wars, the entire game would be embarrassing and uncomfortable, rather than just the laughing scene.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yeah, I mean how many games have the whole "Antagonist is the heroes father". Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Anyway, I do believe you were saying something funny. Something along the lines of defending the FF series as being a bastion of originality?
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Thanks Seraph but sadly just like the last time you took the time to explain things to Pat, I doubt he will actualy understand what you are saying.

He'll probably just post something tiny and leave the thread like he did last time.
Pat

Post by Pat »

so we're all clear on this, seraph is still saying that no Final Fantasy has ever had a main enemy be the heroes father. And Sonic agrees with him.
Seraph wrote:Well, given that not a single game in the FF series has ever had a situation even similar to the one that Pat referenced in spoilers, I figured I had to keep this thread on target somehow.
Gotcha. :up:
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Maybe in fairy Pat land, the one you seem to be going to more and more often lately.

I'll stick with reality, thanks.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'm beginning to think neither of you have played FFX.

I'll give you a brief rundown of how it starts.

Giant blue whale/dragon attacks protagonists home city. Giant blue whaledragon turns out to be said heroes father.

Blue Dragon starts off with a giant blue dragon/sandshark attacking the protagonists home town.

I don't know about these differences anymore. Go on seraph, give me another 6 page monologue about how the Final Fantasy games mirror the tribulations and triumph of the human spirit.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Pat wrote:so we're all clear on this, seraph is still saying that no Final Fantasy has ever had a main enemy be the heroes father. And Sonic agrees with him.
Seraph wrote:Well, given that not a single game in the FF series has ever had a situation even similar to the one that Pat referenced in spoilers, I figured I had to keep this thread on target somehow.
Gotcha. :up:
Way to misread. You're now suggesting that the shark in the opening sequence of Blue Dragon is the main enemy of the game? And I thought you hadn't played it?
Pat

Post by Pat »

Way to misread? You will notice my spoiler said "*IF* this was anything like FF ... then the sandshark would turn out to be his father".

"IF" is a pretty handy word in the english language. It usually refers to a hypothetical case.

Have you seen this sandshark?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Stop ruining my Blue Dragon thread retards.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

That would also make the shark the endboss of the game. Which it's safe to say, is not the case. You criticise me based on the use of the word similar, yet see no fault in your "If it was anything like".

Edit: for Pilonv1 - sorry it's gone this way. If Pat hadn't thrown in the mod towel, this thread would've been locked down or otherwise done away with back when he realised he had no leg to stand on.
Last edited by Seraph on 14 Jun 2007 01:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Seraph,
[Click to see hidden content]
I am your father
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

If that was the case, then you being from Tasmania, you'd also be some combination of son, uncle and grandmother, too.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Ha! Please. If Megaman was anything like FF, then Megaman would be an engineered lifeform created by a professor, fighting against another engineered lifeform who intends to take over the world.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Pat wrote:Yeah, I mean how many games have the whole "Antagonist is the heroes father". Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Anyway, I do believe you were saying something funny. Something along the lines of defending the FF series as being a bastion of originality?
Hmm, missed this post before.
Pat wrote:Yeah, I mean how many games have the whole "Antagonist is the heroes father". Just a coincidence I'm sure.
You claiming that Star Wars was the first story ever told where the hero's dad was the bad guy? Bold claim.
Here, I admit I need your help. Can you please highlight where I claimed FF had storylines that were a bastion of originality? Because at a glance, I can't find anywhere where I claimed such a thing... or is this another one of your hypotheticals?
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Seraph wrote:Edit: for Pilonv1 - sorry it's gone this way. If Pat hadn't thrown in the mod towel, this thread would've been locked down or otherwise done away with back when he realised he had no leg to stand on.
Thanks Seraph, I blame Pat too.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Dammit pilon, seraph nearly had three in a row. :down:
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

I'm just trying to make sure that I respond to any arguments or claims made by others in the thread.

If that was a Pat post,
[Click to see hidden content]
I'd ignore all the salient points, and just post a picture, or a yawn, or a throwaway line, and hope it all went away.