Blue Dragon in the warehouse and shipping now.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm going with HOTD2 for the worst voice acting.

Sure, Goldman was funny... "Dogs of the AMS, I'm Goldman"

but that little flying guy takes the cake, when he asks the chilling question:

"Suffer like G did?"

It makes no freaking sense and I love it, I love it so much. You stupid creature, you are meant to be threatening me, not asking me a question. To this day I am not sure if he is asking me if I want to suffer like G did or if I have already suffered like G did.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Corey wrote:The opening cutscene of Delta Halo always makes me chuckle because it looks like the Chief is a women.
Erm, what? That was one of the most badass cinematics ever. Helljumpers FTW. I remember never being able to understand what Cortana was saying as they're about to land. I think it's 'Mind the bump', but it used to sound like 'Find the bomb'.
Beer Belly
The Sweetest banana in the bunch
XBL ID: BeerBelly 360
PSN ID: BeerBellyAU
Steam ID: kigurai

Post by Beer Belly »

ZOMG the first 10 mins is sex (better than the recent FFs):
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Fuck that these youtube updates shit me, why can't the related videos disappear instantly after you've finished hovering over the video to make it play? and why do they freaking pop up when I want to simply change the volume?!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

actually no, no I don't want to watch that. I can wait until it is released. I don't want to spoil a single second of it. I played it in japan and that was enough for me to say it was an instant purchase. I can wait.
Pat

Post by Pat »

If that was anything like FF then
[Click to see hidden content]
the sand shark would be his father.
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

Scullibundo wrote:The Erm, what?
Because when the 'camera' is on MC and Cortana is talking it would appear to the casual observer that the voice belongs to the person on screen.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

Pat wrote:If that was anything like FF then
It's already a lot like it - the 10 minute video had about 30 seconds of player interaction.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Looks about as shitty as a West Coast 3rd quarter.

Which is pretty shitty.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
OzGamer
Under NDA

Post by OzGamer »

Seraph wrote:
Pat wrote:If that was anything like FF then
It's already a lot like it - the 10 minute video had about 30 seconds of player interaction.
AHAHHA

i see what you did there
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/chocyaus][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/chocyaus.png[/img][/url]
</a>
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Well, given that not a single game in the FF series has ever had a situation even similar to the one that Pat referenced in spoilers, I figured I had to keep this thread on target somehow.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Seraph wrote:Well, given that not a single game in the FF series has ever had a situation even similar to the one that Pat referenced in spoilers, I figured I had to keep this thread on target somehow.
Jecht? Fuck, did you even play FFX?
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Of course, Pat. I completely forgot about the beginning of FFX, where Tidus's dead father turned into a shark and attacked a small town. :roll:

Given that in at least 8 of the FF games, the main character's father is not ever mentioned and does not even exist (other than in the theoretical sense that one must have a father in order to be conceived and born), your attempt at mockery is quite poorly placed.

Next time you want to make fun of the FF series, try playing more than one of the games. At least try reading some wikipedia entries on more than one of the games. Maybe just check with someone who's got a clue.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Zidane didn't have a dad in IX...
Pat

Post by Pat »

:yawn: poor seraph. Forgets the content of the games he loves.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Sarcasm and mockery not really your thing I guess Pat.
Pat

Post by Pat »

The problem here is that because I dont like the genre, seraph thinks I have no place in criticising it. Having played games of the genre, I think I have every right to criticise it.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

I think the problem is you make claims that simply are not true in your criticisms.
Pat

Post by Pat »

So you're saying you can't see the similarity between the sand shark and Sin, for example? Sure, the story is probably wildly different in Blue Dragon, but that's pretty much exactly how FFX started off. If it were to turn out to be his father then I can imagine cries of plagiarism echoing throughout the internet :laugh:

I wonder if you actually forget what that game is like, or you're just pretending you don't know in order to make a 'point'?

Anyway, be more specific. Which of my claims are false?
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

I don't even know where to begin with this Pat, and infact I can't be bothered.

I saw the last thread where you discussed JRPGs and kept BSing till Seraph wrote a 1000000 page essay, I can't be bothered doing that.
Pat

Post by Pat »

That's nice. Next time could you stop being bothered before you make the false claims? Thanks. :)
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I am a monument to all of your sins.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Sorry, Pat, but my problem isn't "you haven't played the FFs, so you can't criticise". My problem is "you haven't played the FFs, so when you make a stupid claim based on one game and assume it's the case for all the games and you're wrong, I'm going to call you out for the idiot you are".

The problem here, Pat, is that you seem to think that because in one game out of twelve, the main character's father is a bad guy, that in all FFs, the main character's father is a bad guy. That's the only way that your shark=father comment makes any sense.

In reality, you couldn't be more wrong. FF1-4 - main character has no mentioned/relevant-to-plotline father. FF5 - main character had father relevant to the story, father was a hero and one of the previous Dawn Warriors. FF6-9 - character has no mentioned/relevant-to-plotline father. FFX - this is the one you've actually played. FFXI - no idea, it's an MMO. FFXII - haven't played it yet.

What your comment should have been was one of the following variants...

1. "If this was an FF game, and by an FF game, I mean specifically FFX, the only one I've played, then that shark would be Shu's father."

2. "If this was an FF game, then that shark probably isn't Shu's father because his dad is probably irrelevant to the story."

3. "If this was an FF game, and in this case I refer specifically to Final Fantasy V, then that shark will probably be Shu's dad, and help him take on the evil super-villian of the game."

Or more accurately,
4. "If this was an FF game, then I'd either be bagging the shit out of it because it has FF in the title, or I'd be suddenly loving FF games becuse this one is on the Xbox 360."
Pat

Post by Pat »

You were wrong at the point marked with the asterisk:
Seraph wrote:Sorry, Pat, but my problem isn't "you haven't played the FFs, so you can't criticise". My problem is "you haven't played the FFs, so when you make a stupid claim based on one game and *assume it's the case for all the games* and you're wrong, I'm going to call you out for the idiot you are".
Nice try though. Good to see a tongue in cheek criticism can be taken so seriously. A criticism I made in full knowledge of the characters in FF7 through 10. And judging from the storytelling progressions in those 4 games, I hardly doubt FF1 through 6 would be more like 10 than not.

That said, I think you may have played too many RPGs.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Pat wrote:You were wrong at the point marked with the asterisk:
Oh, well that's completely different. Making an assumption based on 10 games is terrible, but making a stupid claim based on 4 games in the series when only one of those 4 even had a father in the storyline, that's completely different.

No, really, it is. Instead of ignorant, it's just retarded.
That said, I think you may have played too many RPGs.
One of the advantages of playing a few RPGs is that you start to recognise what RPGs are and what similarities they share. Hopefully one day you'll play enough to have an idea what you're talking about when the genre is up for discussion in the future.