Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Forza Motorsport (8)

Post by unfnknblvbl »

53fps and a crash to desktop at 4K Ultra settings (DLSS balanced) for me.

Also because I have it installed to a hard drive, there's tons of texture pop-in. I hate how big games are these days, and how small SSDs are...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I appear to have misplaced the quick disconnect part of my steering wheel's cable. JFC, $650 down the drain over a $2 piece of plastic. Does anyone know if those things are standardised?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

OK, moved the game to an NVMe (PCIe 3) drive and find the adaptor thingie.

Performance is still strange. I get 60+fps, but there's still unacceptable texture pop-in.

Racing with a wheel, though. I set up the MR2 to be as close to mine as possible (although mine's not a turbo), with simulation steering, and it's sublime. The game has a preset included for my wheel, and it's just glorious. It's also ten times harder than playing with a gamepad, but whatever.

A couple of niggles though; my settings are synched between PC and Xbox. I can only use the wheel on my PC at the moment, so that's really annoying. Also, the button mapping for menu controls is janky nonsense.

A bigger issue is that somewhere along the line my career progress got reset to an earlier point in time. Somehow I am only halfway through the second weekly cup thing, despite having two trophies. I've also not finished the Built For Sport Cup, despite not only moving on from that, but having the right car for the next cup. Yeesh.

It's a good thing the actual racing in this game is so damn good, because it feels like the everything else is just an afterthought.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

How good is multiplayer?

Practice session, qualifying, into the race. Penalties are a great addition, and shit I just had some great racing.

Qualified 4th, got myself into second about halfway through the race. The guy in first was just a bit too quick for me, and on the last lap my grip seemed to have fallen off a cliff and I was just bleeding time to 3rd place. One more corner and I reckon 3rd would have taken me.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I've not tried it yet, but now you've piqued my interest. I might have to get myself a playseat though, or wait until a few patches have dropped on the PC version first...
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

There is a patch! It's balanced the car upgrade path somewhat so they all unlock earlier. They've also fixed certain crash scenarios.

...clearly not the one in the upgrade screen though

Edit: the game currently has a 1.9 star rating in the Xbox marketplace. I have faith that they'll fix everything, but holy shit it's been what, three weeks? And their first patch hasn't fixed the biggest bug?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Nothing on PC yet, will wait to see how that goes.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Hmmmm apparently the PC version has patch 1.0..
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/ ... 9609294227
How fun is it that patches have version numbers these days?

Meanwhile, I'm getting a "remote data not yet available" error message for one of these cups. A regular, unlocked single player campaign cup. That I've already played there first race of. And I can't play it because a server somewhere says I can't play it
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Update 1.1 "will help mitigate an issue where players could encounter an infinite loading screen when saving a quick upgrade..." blah blah blah

Still hasn't fixed any of the other issues, including the infinite loading screen in any other scenario, not being able to load certain series, and now Free Play is broken somehow. What a complete fucking joke.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

unfnknblvbl wrote: 17 Oct 2023 08:50 pm I've not tried it yet, but now you've piqued my interest. I might have to get myself a playseat though, or wait until a few patches have dropped on the PC version first...
MNR is still a thing, lately there's been myself, G Chaos, Hercu and Lepo doing a few races for a couple of hours, you should pop on.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

t0mby wrote: 09 Nov 2023 01:19 pm
unfnknblvbl wrote: 17 Oct 2023 08:50 pm I've not tried it yet, but now you've piqued my interest. I might have to get myself a playseat though, or wait until a few patches have dropped on the PC version first...
MNR is still a thing, lately there's been myself, G Chaos, Hercu and Lepo doing a few races for a couple of hours, you should pop on.
I do keep meaning to join in again. I'll shout myself a playseat next pay, and y'all can laugh at my attempts to keep a car on the track with the force feedback turned up to maximum... :lol: :lol: :lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Update 2 has rolled out with Yas Marina and some new cars and a bunch of fixes.

...but the game-breaking upgrade/save bug is still there. What a joke