Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Forza Motorsport (8)

Post by unfnknblvbl »

This trailer has me very underwhelmed. Why do we always have to have a disembodied, weirdly hyped up copilot voice in racing games now?

It looks nice at least. I just hope it plays well with a wheel.

Edit: I dunno how to deal with the silly url shortening thing on mobile :(
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Forza Motorsport (8)

Post by Madmya »

Hopefully you can turn it off. I don't mind too much as long as it's not too invasive - I like being told it's a fastest lap rather than keeping an eye on the fastest lap time and seeing if it changes.

I agree, it was an underwhelming trailer. I'm all in on this game though, can't wait.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

yeah, I will probably be day one too, despite my misgivings. It's been far too long since Forza 7.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Built for Series X only right? This is good, at least there's no fucking about with concessions to get it running on crapper hardware. I did read and I may have this wrong.. they were going to do some sort of cloud based offering for the previous gen through xcloud to console. That'll be interesting how horrific an experience that is.

Didn't see any Nurburgring.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Shit, I hope it's there. Surely it is, it's a requirement.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

No burger ring?

Hmmm... Other sources seem to think it'll be announced later. I'll be gutted to lose that. Hopefully they include Fujimi Kaido again.
Also, I'm really hoping they right the wrongs of Forza 7's car roster.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Oh look, we have a thread for this. That I started. Whoops!
unfnknblvbl wrote: 12 Jun 2023 09:27 pm Why do we always have to have a disembodied, weirdly hyped up copilot voice in racing games now?
Well, the announcer is less annoying than I was worried about, but still the same blithering idiot:

"The key to success at The Glen is being fast through the corners"
Holy shit, I never would have thought of that, thanks lady!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Alright, this car upgrade system is a bit shit. What is the point of upgrading a car in the campaign to some half done state if they're just got to force you to use a completely different car for the next cup?
Whatever happened to just... buying a car and then sticking with it and upgrading appropriately to match the performance required?

The progression in Gran Turismo 2 feels better than this.
Last edited by unfnknblvbl on 09 Oct 2023 08:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

That makes no sense, I don't want to drive the same car all the time just so I can upgrade it

What if I want to drive three different Ferrari's, why should I have to level up each one for parts?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Exactly. Meanwhile, I've racked up nearly a million credits to spend on... what, exactly?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I like the idea in principle, but can imagine it getting old very fast.

I think, generally, people just do the auto upgrades so it's nice to feel how the car changes with each upgrade, slowly. It will get tedious for many people, I *think* I'll like it.

Tomorrow night!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

jfc this list of known issues. Does anything work properly?

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/ ... Motorsport
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Wow, ok
Saving a custom button mapping for racing wheels returns to default mapping when restarting the game
I'm glad I haven't tried with the wheel yet. Apparently you need to dial in your settings manually, so this would drive me batty.

Honestly though, the only one is these issues that's affected me in career mode is the applying upgrades one at the end. Which is bad enough.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I'm still scarred by the mess they made of the racing wheel setup in FH4, to see there are wheel bugs in this genuinely scares me at the thought of having to fiddle with it again.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Wheels have been shit since FM5. It makes me really angry!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

OK, the hang-on-upgrade thing is really pissing me off. I most certainly do NOT want to race an unhinged Evora on Catalunya during a downpour again. Ugh.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Some more thoughts.

Driver assists are now settings instead of difficulty (aka "ruleset bonus") options. So if you drive with every assist turn on and at the maximum value, you get the same rewards as the other drivers trying to master their car with no stability control.

This is nuts. As is the bonus categories being limited to three options. When I play with a wheel, I generally turn off every assist except STM and rewind for that sweet extra bonus. But no, under "expert rules" you can basically hold the throttle wide open and only do basic steering and still get the full bonus. Ugh.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Sounds like Yas Marina and Nordschleife are coming in November and early 2024 respectively. Still not Bathurst though.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

That's good, so long as tracks are free updates. It would be nice if they released new tracks progressively over the next 5-10 years or however long they're going to keep up the infinite development/live service facade here..

Also, I might bitch about things in the game right now, but none of it is stopping the game from being properly fun. It really does play incredibly well. My unhinged Evora is absolutely sublime and handles every bit as well as Jeremy Clarkson described back in the day. I'll have to turn off all the assists and see if the MR2 is anything like the real thing on the weekend..
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Despite the poor feedback I'm still downloading it for a try. Can't be that bad, surely?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

The racing itself really is as good as it's always been in Forza, if not better. It's three more that aren't racing that are annoying.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I must say, now that that the races are longer, and you can't just pause and restart a race if you crash, I've had some of the best races I've ever had in single-player Forza. Starting from the back and climbing my way up, only for an AI opponent to ram me off the road and damage the rear brakes and suspension on the third corner... Then having to drive like an absolutely deranged lunatic for the following five laps to clinch the lead on the final corner? Chef's kiss that stuff. Damn.

Edit: I just discovered that you can indeed just pause and restart races. The option is just gotten. Well there goes that fun, then.

Edit 2: Virginia Raceway can fuck off. Then when it gets there, it can fuck off from there too.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I keep seeing heavily negative takes. It seems to have released too early. I'll give it some time before downloadig the 130-odd gb. Unknk how is it performing for you?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I haven't tried on PC just yet. It performs just fine on Xbox Series X, but yeah I don't have easy access to my PC at the moment thanks to having to work overtime every weeknight recently. Wheeeeeee
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Didn't try optomising it much, 70fps with most on high is pretty good I think.