Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Beer Belly
The Sweetest banana in the bunch
XBL ID: BeerBelly 360
PSN ID: BeerBellyAU
Steam ID: kigurai

Shadow of Colossus Appreciation Thread

Post by Beer Belly »

Hi Everyone I'm a WoW junkie ("Hi BB!!").

It's a shame that this forum has no SoC appreciation thread. TEH SHAME I tell ya!

Eminence Orchestra played one of its tracks at the Sydney concert 2 nights ago...I was so touched.

Register your love for this game. Now. Dickheads.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS THREAD IT ISN'T FUNNY.

I'm also angry I don't live in Sydney.

This game is beyond all.. Game of the generation for me, and I have no sympathy for haters on any level, I don't care how logical or personal their reason for disliking the game I feel they should be punished as much as possible.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Indeed. This is one brilliant game. One of the best of the past 'generation'. I still have more of a soft spot for ICO though.

I can't wait to see what the guys behind those two games will do on PS3. It'll be amazing no doubt.
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Port ICO/SoC to PS3!! :D
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Backwards compatible in 1080P with perfect framerate would be just about the only possible way to improve on SoC.

then again I question wether you need either of those things to improve on what is allready a flawless product.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

8 Colossi down for me. Breathtaking game. The sheer beauty of the world...

A true masterpiece.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

How cheap is it these days? ICO is awesome so I do need to look into playing SOC one day.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Probably one of the best games of this year.Every ps2 owner must own it. And also don't forget to pick up ICO which is available for $49.99 before it vanishes off the face of the earth.SOTC pushes the ps2 to it's limit like no other game, sure it hiccups at times but it still maintains a playable frame rate.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Hmmmm not my favourite game of all time but it is good. I really need to finish this baby off. I've heard the ending is superb.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

flipswitch wrote:Probably one of the best games of this year.Every ps2 owner must own it. And also don't forget to pick up ICO which is available for $49.99 before it vanishes off the face of the earth.SOTC pushes the ps2 to it's limit like no other game, sure it hiccups at times but it still maintains a playable frame rate.
I played it through with a friend who is a game coder and neither of us could fathom how they were really doing what they did on the PS2, it's really an amazing game even technically (not often you can say something like that about a game that runs at ~20fps).

Mech: Yes the ending is superb, that's all I will say as everyone should experience it for themselves...
mech

Post by mech »

I went back and beat two more monsters tonight thanks to this thread reminding me about this game :up:
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

My sis ninjaed my limited edition of ICO. Now she claims she doesn't have it. :emo:
Dan Syndrome

Post by Dan Syndrome »

I need to revisit Ico again. NEED TO!
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

My appreciation registered. ICO and SotC meet and exceed all criteria set by even the most discerning, jaded gamer. These games are pure craft and in no way succumb to the highly commercial nature of this industry. Bless them.
mech

Post by mech »

I want a next-gen version of SotC. OMG.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

It really is spectacular.

It's a shame these games sell like shit.
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Indeed. Recall that Katamari 1 is a "commercial failure" too.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Rename to Grand Theft Colossus and things would change. Give it a FULLY SICK!!1!1 cover too.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

eh? Katamari 1 was a massive best seller in Japan and eventual sleeper hit in the US as I recall.. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

meanwhile the brilliance of ICO was universally ignored in all regions, and SoC did better but still not great..

The only logical solution is that Gamers are EMO and don't want people to make good games.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Sonic Jam wrote:eh? Katamari 1 was a massive best seller in Japan and eventual sleeper hit in the US as I recall.. Maybe I'm wrong on that.
I also read that Katamari 1 performed reasonably well in the US.. probably thanks to the lower price point of like $20US or whatever it was.
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Sonic Jam wrote:eh? Katamari 1 was a massive best seller in Japan and eventual sleeper hit in the US as I recall.. Maybe I'm wrong on that.
Did I just say that Katamari 1 is a commercial failure? I meant Vagrant Story but that's for another day. :lol: :fight
mech

Post by mech »

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/kotobukiyas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... sp?id=4986

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/02/27/shado" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -colossus/
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

That's a pretty awesome model :shock: Pretty nice price to with it though, at around $120AU :(
I'd like to see a model of the colussus that you need to run up his sword to get at, that was probably my favourite one design and fighting wise.

On the topic of the game though, I absolutely loved Shadow of the Colossus. Just the sheer size of the colossi and the span of the world was amazing, coupled with the orchestral soundtrack was just win.
The only thing that bugged me slightly is the framerate, but not enough to detract at all from an otherwise simply beautiful game.
Sad ending though...

I've been meaning to go back and play through it again, or at least go back and finish off the time attacks and get all the unlockables, I've heard the extra weapons are supposed to be crazy.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I absoloutly adored SotC, and i swear the whole part before you face the final boss, the final boss, and the entire ending had me in fucking tears it was so beautiful. :D

NO other game i have played has made me feel so attached, but so desperatly lonely at the same time!
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/EvilSpew][img]http://my.livecard.net/Default/EvilSpew.png[/img][/url]
Beer Belly

Post by Beer Belly »

Cthulhu wrote:I absoloutly adored SotC, and i swear the whole part before you face the final boss, the final boss, and the entire ending had me in fucking tears it was so beautiful. :D

NO other game i have played has made me feel so attached, but so desperatly lonely at the same time!
QFT!!