Discussion of PlayNOW

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pat

Discussion of PlayNOW

Post by Pat »

OK, so it's one week or so since the move to the Ranch, and I think this needs to be said as a suggestion - but obviously not a rule.

We've all posted pretty much at the same sites for a few years, in a lot of cases at least. So this needs to be said in my opinion.

I think the bagging of ilce, WoW, DJ, playnow, playnow wow members and their reactions and anything related to it should stop. I'm not saying this as a rule, only as a suggestion.

The arguements had been going on at pn for quite a while, and I personally think it's pretty self-defeating to turn around and make admittedly immature comments about those people and events.

I know there was a lot of stupidity that went on, and Ill concede it came from both sides to some extent.

The best thing the move to the new site has done at the very least is to remove the antagonism element. ilce and DJ and the others have their site, we have ours and there is no need for ongoing fites.

Personally, I have nothing against either of them - and I hope neither of them bear grudges. Maybe they do, but if theyre sensible they'll get over it like everyone else should. It's only a bloody forum fite after all!

After this post, I'm not going to be discussing playnow again (except in a civil manner). That's my decision. If ilce or DJ ever want to post here they are welcome. I hope that is reciprocated by them to members here who might have been banned there for no real reason. That's their perogative of course.

Of course, our forum is open to guests to view as they like. We could decide to close it up and bag the shit out of them - but that is counterproductive. I just hope everyone can realise that there need not be hard feelings or grudges on either side - in the end it's inconsequential. One day we'll all leave the forums altogether as Im sure heaps of other people have done before, many of them unnoticed.

Anyway, thats my ramblings on the matter, and the last thing I need to say about it.

:)
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Why extend courtesy to Ilce, PlayNOW!, WoW, DJ, and other members and their reactions, when it's in the history of the forums to bash people who do stupid shit for many many years to come.

I and many others have copped our fair share of this via the pool room, and I see no reason why the recent incidents should be exempt.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I have no intention of turning every thread into a massive PN bagging, but I won't hold back when I want to do that.
Pat

Post by Pat »

The only reason I extend the courtesy is that it's wasted energy to keep on hating.
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

I agree. WoW isnt THAT bad!
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Who are you? Have you ever been to PlayNOW! or the Games-Ranch?

It's in our blood to hate, it's what keeps the forums going... Quoting stupid shit people said/did and reminding them forever is just a part of that, this includes people quoting me aswell.

I don't think it's particularly wastefull as it can provide hours of entertainment for the whole family, and takes 2 seconds to do :P
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Ekin wrote:I agree. WoW isnt THAT bad!
WoW is fucking great and an amazing game/experience, I'm sure even the strongest hater here realises that.

Make no mistake, the hate for WoW is through no fault of the actual game, a single person is responsible for what has transpired and nobody here at G-R would condemn a person for playing WoW, infact I was serious in the other thread when I said I would start a casual burning crusade G-R guild if people were interested.
Pat

Post by Pat »

WoW is popular for a reason, like any great game such as Halo, GTA, Metal Gear, Sonic, Zelda etc.

My dislike for it extends only so far as to how Ive seen it negatively effect SOME people. I liken it to gambling. It can be fun, even rewarding (profitable?). But some people get addicted and suffer.

That could apply to any game, however. It's just Ive seen this happen more to WoW players than anyone else.
van

Post by van »

Sonic: I'm obviously not speaking from the same corner as you former PN dudes as I wasn't a regular there, but from a more general perspective, it's (and I actually don't think this is a wildly out of proportion point), the stance you're taking is half the reason the world is a fucked up place. No kidding.

I mean, obviously I'm not saying you personally are the reason, but this inbuilt need to never let the matter die, to never take the moral high ground and just let sleeping dogs lie (wow, two cliches in one sentence! AND a rhyme! Far out.) is why the world at large is never at peace. Nations and cultures known for causing trouble in the past are never allowed to forget it, and so they maintain that attitude, which causes the initial victims to continue to fight, and it's just a vicious fucking circle.

Break the circle man!

I should totally be a speechwriter lawlz.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

As I said I have no intentions of continuing discussion of it unless I feel it's called for, like the jokes made in the XBL thread about getting into the private forum :P

But if the circle of bringing up stupid stuff people have done ever is truly broken, how will the community here continue to exist!? HOW WILL WE KNOW WHO WINS WHEN TALEZ AND LESTAT FIGHT!? Who will bring up Selfish's love for Nintendo stickers!
Pimpn Drop Bear
No distinct personality

Post by Pimpn Drop Bear »

I still want to create a false account over there and post

"THE GAMES RANCH DOWN RAGNAROS!!!! PICS!!11!!1!"
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

i'm with sonic on this one.
i've said what I wanted so I don't plan on going out og my way to rag on ilce/pn anymore, but I bet I will.

some stupid shit went on, forums/accounts removed for no good reason, some things deserve a baggin in my book
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sonic Jam wrote:As I said I have no intentions of continuing discussion of it unless I feel it's called for, like the jokes made in the XBL thread about getting into the private forum :P

But if the circle of bringing up stupid stuff people have done ever is truly broken, how will the community here continue to exist!? HOW WILL WE KNOW WHO WINS WHEN TALEZ AND LESTAT FIGHT!? Who will bring up Selfish's love for Nintendo stickers!
Oh that type of fite is fine. What I refer to is the futility of arguing debates which are one sided because neither side is having anything to do with each other anymore. Plus, this is kind of on a different scale to pikmin stickers.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Sly R3negade wrote:I still want to create a false account over there and post

"THE GAMES RANCH DOWN RAGNAROS!!!! PICS!!11!!1!"
You see...now that is funny.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Well muzza just told me about the new site i had no idea what was going on with playnow but i love the new site good work boys!!!
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

Pat wrote:The only reason I extend the courtesy is that it's wasted energy to keep on hating.
that's what it comes down to: these things get boring, move on
well
up to a point

i'm not sure we needed a thread just for this
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Halo's awesome, remember that time when we played together and I went 0-10 sculli?

Good times mate, good times.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

What
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

This thread is shit. It's been community tradition to piss all over other forums and their members. Like we did with ODWF, GameNation, MadGamers....and now we piss on Playnow.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Pat I'm keeping an eye on you. Don't get carried away with your new found power.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Candy Arse wrote:This thread is shit. It's been community tradition to piss all over other forums and their members. Like we did with ODWF, GameNation, MadGamers....and now we piss on Playnow.
I think pet is saying he doesn't want to drag this around with him.It's his higher road.

I also think Candy is just about public enemy number 1 at PN and thusly should feel free to rag on them at will.Anyone should feel free to do that...it is a forum trait and I don't think that should be completely killed off.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Candy Arse wrote:This thread is shit. It's been community tradition to piss all over other forums and their members. Like we did with ODWF, GameNation, MadGamers....and now we piss on Playnow.
QFT!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Under normal circumstances I'd be very pissed off that my PN account has been deleted, but since the vast majority of people I converse with are here anyway I really couldn't give a shit. ilce made my decision to leave PN for me.

There are still some PNers I'd like to see post here as well, but they will in due time. Communities are more than the banner they're created under.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

It's a pity that ilce is a rego nazi.

I'd love to see some classic CA trolling again. With all those WoW nerds in one place you would *NEVER* run out of stuff to bait them with :D
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Candy Arse wrote:Under normal circumstances I'd be very pissed off that my PN account has been deleted, but since the vast majority of people I converse with are here anyway I really couldn't give a shit. ilce made my decision to leave PN for me.
:up:

Besides a couple of sane people at PN like DJ and marto (who is posting here occasionally anyway) I'm very happy with the turnout here. All the major NRL posters are here and there's plenty of posts in the gaming forum. Plus we have mods who read the forums they moderate so it's all good :up: