Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Shaneus wrote:Any idea if it's based on the original SF2 pinnie?
Nah it's a 'tribute' table to SF2 but obviously has a SF2 theme. It's not as forgiving as the Agent or Car one though.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

I like it, even has rehashed SF2 theme music :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

200 points. Grabbing it this arvo. :up:
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

although Pinball is cool what exictes me more is that this is to promote SF2 HD this month!!!!!!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Actually it's to promote me kicking Candys Arse.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Re: Pinball FX XBLA

Post by pilonv1 »

So the sequel is out and its free for those who own the original. Downloading it now
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

awesome leaderboards, i've added a bunch of gaffers and it's awesome trying to beat them.

don't just stick with the old tables though, they really suck compared to the new ones, they are just bigger and better... the only problem is they can be very confusing, the rule sheets don't really tell you much.
awesome game, as is super meat boy... xbla has been awesome lately
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Just saw you can customise your tables too, this is pretty awesome.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So the PFX2 update is free to existing PFX owners, but to get the new tables you need to purchase the pack right?
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

it's free for everyone, and you can demo the new tables... but if you own pinball FX you can import the old tables (plus DLC) into pinball fx2 and you have new acheivements, the awesome leaderboards and improved physics... happy days!
but like I said, do yourself a favour and buy the new stuff, they aren't 100% realistic (there's fx like water and fire) but they are awesome.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Grabbed the original when it came out, got the new one and really enjoying it. Had bought a few tables from the first lot and the updates to em are great.
Got the Street Fighter table, Rocky and bullwinkle, the haunted house one which is my favourite. Also grabbed one of the new tables the robot one and is pretty impressive. Will have to grab some others and ideas which ones......If any one wanna add me to Friendslist to kick my ass go for it
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I caved and bought the base pack for FX2 last nite. Is it my imagination or has the Speed Machine table had a few subtle changes? Seems a lot harder than on the first game.
Going to have to smash a few scores me thinks.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

see if you can beat my pasha score :)

not sure about speed machine mate, maybe you just suck balls!?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

jizzlobber wrote:see if you can beat my pasha score :)

not sure about speed machine mate, maybe you just suck balls!?
Nah, it's not that, just either looks a bit darker or something seems missing. Maybe I'll load up the first game when I get home from work and check it out.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I think you just suck t0mby, your scores were pretty easy to beat.

:t0mby:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Well you know dude, I don't like to be awesome straight away cos then it scares the others into submission. I just move up gradually*. ;)

[Click to see hidden content]
Unless it's racing games then it's on biatch! :D

[Click to see hidden content]
:t0mby:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I am so close to a wizard score of 5000. I could cave and buy one of the other new tables... or some of you slack bastards could pick up your game and improve your scores for me :P

I get frustrated at the game, and then I start playing like turd. I just want to smash a score and I get angry... stupid game!

Parsha is odd, I got 5 million just for putting the ball up the top corner. I dunno what it was even for.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

GreyWizzard wrote:I am so close to a wizard score of 5000. I could cave and buy one of the other new tables... or some of you slack bastards could pick up your game and improve your scores for me :P
Didn't you have the original Pinball FX? You can use the old tables for free on PFX2.

PS My Wizard score is 9112. :D
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I was originally playing the old tables, but I decided to buy the new FX2 pack. So I now have 9 tables. I got Buccaneer for free somehow... If I just bought another table it would automatically put my wizard score above 5000 points.

Your wizard score is your super score plus your combined friends super score multiplied by the amount of tables you have played. Either I need to crack a big score somewhere or someone... not mentioning any names, t0mby, needs to get better scores.

Wait?? Why is your wizard score so high?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It's over 10k now. I been getting some 'better' scores. :nana:

I was tittooing around with the settings on the Submarine one, thought I put it back to default. Played and got a score of 95million (Jizz's was about 85million) and I was well stoked, till it was game over and said the score doesn't count cos it wasn't default settings. Will try again later.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

t0mby wrote:Is it my imagination or has the Speed Machine table had a few subtle changes? Seems a lot harder than on the first game.
It was my imagination, had it confused with V12 on Zen Pinball PS3. (For those that don't have it, it's made by the same ppl as FX and available on PSN)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Some nice scores t0mby :)

I thought about getting zen pinball when I saw it on PSN, but I think FX2 is a pretty good update. The new tables are pretty good too. I like Rome, it's easy to see where your targets are and what the hell you are meant to be doing.

What are some of the other single tables like?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I've been staying out of this thread for one reason. I don't want to sound like a raving rabid fanboy.
Fucking hell this game is amazing. Absolutely superb.
I hadn't got a pinball game on the 360 up till now cos every one I've seen has dodgey ball physics.
I don't think FX2 is quite there with the ball physics, but damn it's close. And the table designs more than make up for it.

Happily smashing you guys on the leaderboards, :lol: except for Jizz - oh man - I double facepalm looking at those scores.
Rome is easily my favorite table, but I must admit I haven't really spent much time on Pasha yet.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

it's funny you both like Rome, in the thread at neogaf everyone says it's their least favourite... I don't mind it to be honest, it isn't as complicated as the others, I know what I have to do.
I can't score on biolab, I just suck at it.

I really like Pasha, just a really cool theme... but like the other new ones it's a bit cluttered and can be hard to see what's going on.
I bought excalibur last night too, that's a pretty good table.

The pinball freaks at neogaf say the best pinball game is Pinball Hall of Fame, real tables from the 70-90s, and the ball physics are meant to be bang on.
no PAL release yet, but some UK stores are showing it with a november 22 release date under the name Williams Pinball Classics.

I actually looked at my scores for pinball fx1, I don't know what the story is, but my scores are MASSIVE!!!!
I remember getting some good scores but nothing like that
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, I can't remember the exact scores but I am sure on Agents on FX1 me and you Jizz were up over the 100million mark.

I don't like Rome much either, atm my fav is the Submarine one, something something Deep or whatever. Haven't played Pasha much, only one or two games on it yesterday.

Out of the old tables though, always hated Extreme, thought that was pretty lame to tell the truth.

The ones I don't own are Excalibur, Rocky and Bullwinkle and something else. I know I got Buccaneer, SF2 and Nightmare Mansion. Wish the Ninja Gaiden 2 from Zen Pinball was available, that's awesome.