LTTP: OOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUEEEEEENNNNNNNNDDDDDDAAAAAANNNNN

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Sonic Jam wrote:Mech you can skip the animated cut scenes (Though I like them) by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner.

Then you only have to wait about ~6 seconds for the song to ramp up and stuff to start appearing on screen.
But SJ this is mech. Unless its blindingly obvious its not there.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

pilon: gripshift was $30 a few weeks ago through dvdcrave, it's probably cheap all over the place... I got a copy, but it's still in its shrinkwrap, as I don't have my PSP atm :(

SJ: Yeah well when you do as badly as I do on that game, it's sitting through the shit waiting for the song to start which pisses me off. Plenty of other bits you can't skip too, doesn't always give you that skip icon.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

mech wrote:it's sitting through the shit waiting for the song to start which pisses me off.
Now you're just getting pissy and pedantic.
mech

Post by mech »

Talez wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:Mech you can skip the animated cut scenes (Though I like them) by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner.

Then you only have to wait about ~6 seconds for the song to ramp up and stuff to start appearing on screen.
But SJ this is mech. Unless its blindingly obvious its not there.
I found the skip icon dickhead. You're yet to tell me what's so amazingly embarrassing about Gripshift's load times.
Talez wrote:
mech wrote:it's sitting through the shit waiting for the song to start which pisses me off.
Now you're just getting pissy and pedantic.
No, it's seriously shitting me off, because it takes so fucking long. I was only lasting 5-10 seconds in-game on the level I was trying, and then having to wait LONGER than that to try again every time, it rapidly got very frustrating.

You can mock my skills at pressing little buttons on a screen at the right time at being the cause of this, I don't give a shit, it doesn't change the fact that it was very frustrating, and I've encountered a lot of non-skippable things in DS games.

I tried a different level and it was a lot easier and less frustrating, but man, what a shitty one to start on (it was the clay pots one...?!?)
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Mech when you first boot the game up, select the top option (single player) then the bottom option (the normal difficulty).

Stop giving him shit for not understanding a game that is ENTIRELY IN JAPANESE you fucktards.

Edit - You started on the clay pots one>? You can pick and choose what level to start on but I allways thought the first one it looked at was the guy taking tests. It's ALOT easier.

Let the game grow on you Mech it does take time, after a few stages when you get your bearings it will be much better.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

mech wrote: You're yet to tell me what's so amazingly embarrassing about Gripshift's load times.
The fact that it has to load?
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

You know, I agree. It takes fucking ages to get into the actual song, non sensical japanese cutscenes can only be entertaining so many times. Dunno bout other non skippable games, I've played virtually every game on the system and Viewtiful Joe is the only one that comes to mind. They even put extra skipping into a long boring cutscene game like RE, you can skip the door opening sequence too.

I like ouendan, its so much fun and quite gripping. However IMO due to the jap crazyness it gets more praise than it deserves.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Sonic Jam wrote:Stop giving him shit for not understanding a game that is ENTIRELY IN JAPANESE you fucktards.
Oh get your fucking hand off it SJ. If mech jumps in and just starts whining and making a show about things that are really non-issues of course he's going to get animosity back.
mech

Post by mech »

Talez wrote:
Sonic Jam wrote:Stop giving him shit for not understanding a game that is ENTIRELY IN JAPANESE you fucktards.
Oh get your fucking hand off it SJ. If mech jumps in and just starts whining and making a show about things that are really non-issues of course he's going to get animosity back.
Talez wrote:
mech wrote: You're yet to tell me what's so amazingly embarrassing about Gripshift's load times.
The fact that it has to load?
Bwhahaha, have a cry Talez, you of all people should understand the technical reasons for why it "has to load".

So anyway, a thousand pardons I find something frustrating, you may enjoy having your time unnecessarily wasted, but not me. And not boomy either, we can actually agree on something :up:
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

mech wrote:Bwhahaha, have a cry Talez, you of all people should understand the technical reasons for why it "has to load".
Of course I understand the reasons. That doesn't mean I can't think of loading as stupid. They could have gone with carts but they went with optical.
Pat

Post by Pat »

:lol: WWE PSP :lol:

8 minutes worth of :fight
mech

Post by mech »

Talez wrote:
mech wrote:Bwhahaha, have a cry Talez, you of all people should understand the technical reasons for why it "has to load".
Of course I understand the reasons. That doesn't mean I can't think of loading as stupid. They could have gone with carts but they went with optical.
I'd prefer slight loading times with 2 gig of space than stupidly priced games. Most PSP games are at least half a gig. On games coded correctly the loading times are fine. It's a trade-off, and I think they made the right decision. PSP with carts would be even worse than the N64 with carts. Carts just can't store enough data for an economical enough price, not yet anyway. Maybe in a year or two.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

At least they left the memory stick slot open.

Maybe we will see PSP "carts" sometime soon :P
mech

Post by mech »

You will with the PSOne games. And it's already happening with demos.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

any loading is fucking crap
anyone who tries to defend loading is a dickhead
the cube proves it's possible to make games with dick-all loading using a disc based system
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Dude, the fucking Saturn proves its possible to make games with dick-all loading.

Look at NiGHTs. There is no loading on that one and its one of the finest looking Saturn games ever made.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

no shit you're right
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
mech

Post by mech »

selfish wrote:any loading is fucking crap
the cube proves it's possible to make games with dick-all loading using a disc based system
Ahahahah I love how dumb your and Talez's statements really are, but we'll take it how you meant it.

Loading times are a necessary evil on many games, depending on the amount of memory needed to be filled and the speed of the media it's reading from, the design of the game, how well it can disguise loading (a la Jak and Daxter, etc), surely you can understand that?

All well programmed PSP titles display minimal loading times (all of mine for instance, save GTA, which is still faster than its PS2 equivalent).

However an optical format by its nature is just going to be slower than a flash based solution for seek times, full stop. Especially than a flash based solution that has to fill DRAMATICALLY less memory. Even if PSP were loading off flash it'd still take more than 8 times as long, because that's how much more RAM it has to fill. So given they've got the loading times where they are on an optical based media, that's pretty good.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

so you like loading screens?
mech

Post by mech »

Yeah good comeback selfish :roll:
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

yea and the limitations of a cart are necasary evils but a good developed NDS game wont have unskippable screens of text, will still have fmv and liscensed tracks etc.

Basically you'll take one evil over the other, not that there is anything wrong it but sounds a little BIASED, you dickless hypocritical son of a bitch.

Boomstick cannot be held responsible for the alcohol content in this post.

oh and btw there totally is loading when u start a level in nights.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

ok mech sorry
selfish wrote:any loading is fucking crap
yes of course we all understand what loading is and why it has to happen, doesn't mean we have to like it though

i guess i should clarify: "loading screens" or "loading for longer than a split second" rather than "loading," you pedantic fuck
mech

Post by mech »

selfish and boomstick am cry.

BOOMY: carts work WELL for a system like the NDS, I'm not saying it should be using optical media...??

But PSP would not work well with carts. Most games are at least half a gig. You could probably get them down with some work, but they'd still be massive, and it's like saying the PS2, Gamecube or Xbox should have used carts.

Oh and Boomy, if a PSP game had crazy loading times, I'd be whinging about it, but all the titles I own are fine. The only real offender is GTA, and once it's loaded it's fine, and you tend to play it for long periods (sleeping the PSP in between sessions) so it's not too bad.

And like I said originally, it's a necessary evil, whereas the Nintendo shit is completely avoidable.

Hahaha my housemate played Ouendan last night and the first thing she said after playing it for a few minutes was "man, you have to wait ages to actually get into the game."
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account

Post by selfish »

because of the ker-azy stories? i don't see what that has to do with anything. i thought this was to do with loading times? do you know of the "skip" function? i can't remember but i'm pretty sure ouendan has it.

what the hell are you talking about?
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

But PSP would not work well with carts. Most games are at least half a gig. You could probably get them down with some work, but they'd still be massive, and it's like saying the PS2, Gamecube or Xbox should have used carts.

Oh and Boomy, if a PSP game had crazy loading times, I'd be whinging about it, but all the titles I own are fine. The only real offender is GTA, and once it's loaded it's fine, and you tend to play it for long periods (sleeping the PSP in between sessions) so it's not too bad.

And like I said originally, it's a necessary evil, whereas the Nintendo shit is completely avoidable.
Dont think anyone is debating that or saying any of that. Once again I were the drunk one, but you were the idiot. All I said was a well programmed DS game would over come the problems of a cart, just like you say the same can be done with PSP and discs.

You prefer 'slight' loading while others prefer 'slight' memory limitations. Jeez why dont you be a self righteous motherfucker and start ramming your side down our throats for a page. Some people dont like loading they are entitled to. But no one here...this is now just you and selfish talking shit with no point. Mech's last post had no point(ouendan doesn't have skip, we agreed on it taking too long) - selfish's was false(ouendan doesn't have skip, we agreed on it taking too long)

STFU both you fools.