Prey Xbox360 question

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Sveky

Prey Xbox360 question

Post by Sveky »

I've been reading rumors that the textures in the demo were somewhat downgraded to reduce the download size, has anyone had a chance to compare the demo to the full game?

:o
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Looks the same to me.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I havent been paying attention. You know I'm happy with it anyway so all I can reccommend is just try the full version for yourself. :)
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

That wouldn't make any sense since the 360 demo of Prey was MASSIVE, like 3x the size of the PC demo even.
Sveky

Post by Sveky »

kewl not that im overly concerned hehehe but yeah prolly pick up the 360 version regarless :)
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

I read the same thing over at 3drealms forums, they stated they lowered the texture quality to reduce the size of the demo.

Maybe lestats technical know-how can tell us why the 360 versions demo was 3x the size of the PC's as stated by SJ.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

They said it was 3 times the size for loading speed purposes eg the textures were already unpacked and ready to roll. So perhaps they had to downsample the textures to stop the demo being fucking crazy bloated.

More likely they are downsampled because they did a fucking hack of a port and just lowered the detail settings until they reached an acceptable framerate.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Yep. Textures are worse. There are a few "side by side" comparisons out there on the net if you do a search.