Chromehounds Gamespot review (RUN FOR THE HILLS PAT)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Chromehounds Gamespot review (RUN FOR THE HILLS PAT)

Post by pilonv1 »

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... id=6154008

7.9 - Good
This unique mech combat sim looks great in action, but gets most of its mileage out of its persistent online campaign, which can be very fun for dedicated players.
The Good: Inventive persistent campaign draws you into online team-based competition; deep, well-designed mech-building system is a lot of fun to play around with; distinctive mech designs and impressive presentation during battles; lots of gameplay variety and replay value during online play.
The Bad: Single-player portion of the game is undercooked and relatively disappointing; interface for online play could have been much more streamlined in spots.

GAMESPOT SAYS CHROMEHOUNDS > PREY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's a post from GAF stolen from some forum, the online for this sounds fucking amazing.
Dammit...I'm leaving work early. Like as soon as I finished this post. Here are some impression from my guys over at Zerocomiit.com:

1) "The Persistent online war is so involved it's silly...it's just a totally immersive experience.

ZeroCommit finished the day off at 5-0.

The developers of this game did so many things right, from Clan lobbies (when you connect to live, you're automatically put in a private lobby with your clan), to graphic maps on the progress of all 3 nations.

For anyone who might care, Morskoj has taken the Tarakian capital once again, and is invading Sal Kar (where 0c resides), while at the same time Sal Kar pushes back on the eastern side. It's a brutal slugfest!"

2) "Q: How involved is the whole customization process? Are their parts you have to unlock? How often do you run across the same mech?

A: You will unlock parts both during single player, and during multiplayer. The $ you make (or don't make if you lose) fighting online is used to buy parts from a sort of online store. You can then build new hounds or customize an existing one with the parts from single/multiplayer.

During your fighting, certain enemy weapons will also be added to your clan's arsenal as being "salvaged from battle". You can view a list of these parts and then purchase a lottery ticket for any part you're interested in. After x hours the lottery is over and the part is distributed.

A similar list of prototype weapons exists, and you're able to enter a lottery on these parts as well, but i'm not certain where the weapons come from.

I didn't see the same mech once all day yesterday. The customization featuer is so involved that there isn't going to be a best mech configuration, it's all personal preference. They come in all shapes and sizes, from small and fast, to rolling shopping malls."

3) "The only thing bad about the game is not having it. Well, maybe the 15 minute briefing area where if one person doesnt ready up you could be waiting 15 minute before the match starts. But beyond that the game is awesome.

Its a gorgeous game, Trees falling from the explosions, and the lighting during a night mission will blow you away. High customization, A plethora of things to do online between the war, Individual Co-op missions, and the 15 or so gametype to do in freebattle there is just no reason not to get it. And the squad, Wow they really outdid themselves in it. There is a continuous main lobby where all the squad members are. you can talk to everyone in the lobby, and continue to do so while working on your hound from the lobby.

Lotteries, Elections for new presidents of the nation your a part of, Captured parts from detroyed enemy hounds, Editing Hound colors, emblems, weapon layouts, Strategizing the next move is all exciting and the speed of your mech never really comes into play. It doesn't take long to scrap it up with someone and when you do its pretty intense. The only types that take a little longer to get into action are heaver types, but they have long range weapons anyways and can strike from across the map. I can't get enough of it and we played from around 5:40pm til 2:30 in the morning.

If mech games aren't your cup of tea then thats fine, however if you let a half-assed review of the game keep you from getting it when everyone here is giving it positive, you are truely missing out on a great title."

The Chromehounds Community is already kicking into full gear:

http://boards.sega.com/chromehounds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.chromehound.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also
members of the 3 nations in Chromehounds have voted and changed their presidents already.

http://www.chromehound.com/forums/in...showtopic=1068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Choosing your president apparently changes some of your nation's advantages and funding priorities. Sweet.
CUSTOM MECHS

GOTY for sure :up: :up:

CHROMEHOUNDS > PREY
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

I WANT IT!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

LETS FORM A TEAM AND TAKEOVER THE WORLD~! :thumbsup:
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

I need an Xbox 360 first though.

When's the .au release date?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

the un squadron unicorn. :drool:
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

US$69.90

WHAT
THE
FUCK?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Release date is 20/7 (ie next week), $120.

PAT I AM EAGERLY WAITING YOUR RESPONSE PLEASE POST
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Should I lay out a grand (Xbox 360 + Wireless Network Adapter + Headset + Cable + Game) for one game?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

HA HA HA THE MEDIOCRE GAME I PIMPED IS BETTER THAN THE MEDIOCRE GAME YOU PIMPED
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Talez wrote:Should I lay out a grand (Xbox 360 + Wireless Network Adapter + Headset + Cable + Game) for one game?
Yes.

Then buy more games.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Pat

Post by Pat »

Oh Ive been waiting for this.

7.9 > 7.5, yes.

But that's one review out of dozens.

Prey's lowest score is 75. Highest is 100.
Chromehounds lowest score 40. Highest is 87.

Averages are better though. 85 > 70.

Troll status: fail.

Good luck next time, Pilon. :up:
Pat

Post by Pat »

(Troll aside, I'll jump on board if the online mode gets great impressions from the majority)
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

It's fine, I'll be playing the awesome online game. Meanwhile you'll be playing Prey where it lags with more than 3 players :laugh:
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Candy said it all. You both suck! :P
Pat

Post by Pat »

It's getting a multiplayer patch. Runs fine on the PC though, so its probably fixable.

At least with Prey, unlike Chromehounds, its actually worth playing the single player mode.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

OMGWOWBBQ!!! 7.9 GOOD.

Prey > Chromehounds.

Prey still sux.

Both games are shit.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

Candy Arse wrote:HA HA HA THE MEDIOCRE GAME I PIMPED IS BETTER THAN THE MEDIOCRE GAME YOU PIMPED
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i couldn't have said it better myself
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Pat

Post by Pat »

Chromehounds cant hope to touch Prey.
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

This is definitely an EB rental apraisal for me.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]