Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

The Battlefield 2 Thread

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I believe the finest multiplayer first person shooter on the market deserves a thread :up:

Here's what you need to join in the fun:

Battlefield 2

Obviously. Pizza Hut have a deal where you can get BF2 with a couple of pizzas, or you can find it for around $40 at K-Mart. There are two versions, a DVD version (pictured) and a CD version. There isn't any difference between the content of the two, unlike, say, the Quake 4 DVD edition.

Battlefield 2 Retail v1.3 Full Patch

Coming in at a quite impressive 438.21 MB, the 1.3 patch is required to play online. It also adds a Co-op Mode against bots, and includes all the previous patches, which added stuff like new weapons and the popular Wake Island 2007 map.

Download here

A new 1.4 patch is currently being tested. It is up to it's second beta version, and will add things like Infantry Mode (No vehicles. I can't see this mode taking off) and a new map, Road to Jalalabad.

There is also an Expansion Pack (Special Forces) and two downloadable Booster Packs (Euro Force and Armoured Fury) but nobody plays them so you sure as hell don't have to worry about buying them. :up:

With Quake Wars delayed until next year ( :( ), you can be sure that BF2 will continue to prosper for a long time to come.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

I play BF2 a little but by the gods its annoying sometimes. Its one of those games that can really, really shit you.

We should organise a game some time :)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yeah i heard about the quake wars delay, which sucks imo. So pretty much dice have BF2 and BF2142 to the rule the pc multiplayer scene. Ut2k7 and ET:WQ are now all comming out in 2007.

I agree with ya ekin, i was a bf2 junkie for a while then, but all those annoying things just grind on me now and i can't get back into it without getting the shits.
Ambrose Burnside

I hope 2142 is a disaster.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

does BF2 have LAN play yet?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:I hope 2142 is a disaster.
BF:Vietnam 2. :D

Actually there is one thing that excites me about the new bf and that's the inclusion of a new game mode. The conquest mode is bit old hat.
Ambrose Burnside

unfnknblvbl wrote:does BF2 have LAN play yet?
Yes.

The 1.4 patch has finally been released after a long delay. I haven't yet had a chance to test it yet, but it's a massive 530.98MB and includes the new map Road to Jalalabad and an Infantry-only mode. As well as a lot of bug fixes.

Download 1.4 Full Patch here (530.98MB)

Download 1.3-1.4 Incremental Patch here (140.25MB)

Hopefully BF2 is playable again :up: