Real Chromehounds thread (use other thread for stupidity)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

The one that is about to end.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Sorry i havnt been on lads been flatout at work will be on early next week.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Well, we saw the Morskoj super weapon (and lost, but hey - it was our first time up against a super weapon). Not only that, but I was handed the dreaded "-999K glitch". Not only that, but:
** -999K SUPPORT SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE **

Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to offer support to users that are affected by the -999999999 glitch. This is because the parts that we were given to service users have now been released to the public.

We will not be able to service users until after the patch has been issued. This patch will fix a few problems/issues including the -999 glitch. We will release a full report of fixes when the patch passes certification. We are hoping to release the patch in the next week or so and will issue updates as we get them.

We are truly sorry for those who have the -999 issue right now and ask that you bear with us until the patch is released. If it's any consolation, you can continue to collect money after you get the glitch and when it is fixed, you will retain any money you gain after the glitch occurs.

Thanks for your patience and, again, we regret the inconvenience.

Last edited by supadjxis on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:12 am; edited 35 times in total
I now have no money to purchase anything at all, and no hope of having any money to purchase anything, and no technical support until after they release some patch in the future. And even then I'm not sure if it will be automatically fixed or if I'll still have to do the whole thing with leaving our squad and joining a special support squad between the hours of some fucken US time and another...

...in one session I've gone from loving this game to wanting to chuck the fucken thing in the bin. :x
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

patch will be out shortly, a week or so aint too bad.
if you need parts i'm happy to buy them for you
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cdgT9xu4X60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video of the secret weapon, if anyone's interested.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

The patch isn't going to fix the problem for anyone who already has it, only prevent (supposedly) it from happening again. All they've done is suspend technical support completely until after they release their new weapons, which everyone has to pay for if they want 'em. Once that is out of the way they may decide to get back to supporting people.

The fix involves leaving your squad and attempting to join a support squad that is specific to your nation during a designated time period. I included the "attempt" because from what I've heard many people have trouble getting into the squad during these limited periods. The problem apparently only effects less than .1% of the people playing, but somehow that equates to every man and his dog.

So, now I need to wait for some indeterminate period while they concentrate on the more important matter of making money from micro transations. In the meantime I cannot purchase any parts or bid in the lottery. Sometime down the track I may be permitted to attempt to get support at some designated US time period that will probably be extremely inconvenient. If I do manage to be around during that time then I'll have to leave my squad. Then I'll have to attempt to join the support squad, not be able to because a whole bunch of people are doing the same thing, wait around in limbo for the next available period, rinse and repeat, and maybe someday eventually get back to my own squad.

Fuck that. Fucken cunt fuck fuckety fuck fuck fuckit fuck cunt fuck. :x

Quick warning to anyone else - when you hit the Pay Expenses or whatever it's called at the end of a mission, look at the figures before you hit okay! You can see it happen and tell the affected person to switch off their box to avoid the problem.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

this quote sounds like a fix to me, even if you already have it
We are truly sorry for those who have the -999 issue right now and ask that you bear with us until the patch is released. If it's any consolation, you can continue to collect money after you get the glitch and when it is fixed, you will retain any money you gain after the glitch occurs.
sounds like they just credit that 999 amount to your account so the money you earn will still be there.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

They updated that message:
Once the patch is released, we can resume support of the issue. Unfortunately, the patch won't automatically fix your problem.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

fuck, i'd rip into them.
$120 game and this shit happens?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

What we can do in the mean time is get other people to buy parts and trade them to you?
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

To be honest, I don't really need to buy parts right at the moment. You said we were switching and to buy up before hand, so I did. I have at least one of every basic Sal Kar part and even bought a few of the things I thought others might want.

Although switching from Sal Kar would be a slight pity (I assume we'll go back someday?) I was kinda looking forward to shopping at Morskoj for some of those sniper weapons 'n stuff. I guess I can hassle you guys to buy me the odd bit, but I don't want to be a pain. I would often purchase 4 of something in the shop just to try it out, then never use it again. Okay when it's my money...

What's worse is that I can't enter the lotteries. I've been entering to get a new mobility chip every day for about a week - either an experimental Sal Kar one (MC Saba or something) or a 5 slot captured thing. I was also planning to try out for a better weapons chip.

I guess it's not a huge deal, it's just that right now I'm very pissed off at this and it doesn't exactly make me enthusiastic to play it.

</whinge>
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

lets play tonight, we can play on any map we like!
http://www.sega.com/gamesite/chromehoun" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... rboard.php
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

I can probably jump on the stupid glitching -999 billion piece of shit for a few later tonight if you want. Do a couple of those nice relaxing field maps out Tarakia way, and blow stuff up. Sal Kar have now wiped out both Morskoj and Tarakia in this war, but we can't keep 'em out. They keep coming back (there's too many of 'em) and we'll probably end up losing as per usual.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

The war is over boys - Sal Kar won. You should receive a medal for it.

So what now? Are you going to switch our nation over pilon?
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Yep going to whatever one Agonny is to stop his fucking crying.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

morskoj
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Twit, someone posted this at GAF, you should try to get it sorted out :)
As I said in my post like 5 above this, I did. All you do is go to their forum where they have dates and times posted.. Join their squad during that time and the guy will give you an item to sell for 999999999 to the store to break even.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Yeah, that's the technique they used but they've stopped doing it. I heard that someone ran off with the part instead of selling it. Now they've decided to release the part(s) - they want to sell 'em in the marketplace. So they've suspended fixing the problem until sometime in the future (they aren't saying when), leaving everyone who currently has the problem fucked.

In other words, they're cunts.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Oh I wasn't aware of that :(
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

For you guys who like to get up close and personal - have you considered Morkoj's double-barrel shotgun? I've heard that the weapon power rating provided (KE:500) is per shot, and since it fires two shots at once you can double that. So, 3 or 4 of these grouped together would do around 3000 to 4000 damage per firing. That would hurt! Try it and let me know...or buy me 4 of 'em and I'll try. ;)

The part is:

MSK SG200/D
Weight: 384
Power: KE 500
Range: 220
Max Ammo: 56
Reload: 2600
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

Christ the Morskow stuff is sooooo much better! Horrified the crap out of me to see how much more damaging the guns and how much more durable the armour is!
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

I think morskoj stuff is more powerful, but sal kar weapons have more ammo
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

How many times do you need more ammo though? The only items I've run out of are for Sniper Cannons. Otherwise I tend to have a fair bit left.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Thanks for the shotties pilon - I'll try 'em out tomorrow.

It was fun for a change rocking around in a little scout dude. No durability to speak of though - one shot and I'm reduced to a more normal pace, a couple well placed shots and I'm rooted.

Sorry about that mission where I blew up their base. I was babbering away at you lot throughout the mission but didn't realise I had my mic muted. :redface:
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Next time we play I'll try out a new Commander dude. It's reasonably quick, has a good NA range, but has little firepower (so I won't be able to inconsiderately blow up bases when nobody is looking). Not good in a scrap but handy for seeing the enemy, capturing COMBAS towers, and clearing turrets / tanks from the area.

BTW - last night our squad went up to Rookie++. We're now fully object oriented.