Real Chromehounds thread (use other thread for stupidity)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

In the unlikely event that anyone's interested, there are some new downloadable parts for Chromehounds in the marketplace for your microtransaction pleasure. Each part costs 100 points, or 60 points for spacers. There's a triple-burst rifle, an improved heavy something, improved cannon, anti-hound rockets, machine gun, a generator, some spacers and a colour pattern.

I'd maybe consider buying a part or two, but unfortunately I doubt I'd be able to actually use it. You have to purchase the part using Microsoft points, but then I'd imagine that you also need to purchase it in the game. And I'm still about $8623458964512389 in the red.

Edit - I just bought one part to see what the go is. Turns out the download parts are free in the shop.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

I'm going to try out one of those "double doubles" that GAF keeps mentioning tonight.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

i'll be on!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Twit wrote:In the unlikely event that anyone's interested, there are some new downloadable parts for Chromehounds in the marketplace for your microtransaction pleasure. Each part costs 100 points, or 60 points for spacers. There's a triple-burst rifle, an improved heavy something, improved cannon, anti-hound rockets, machine gun, a generator, some spacers and a colour pattern.
oh no, here we go. :down:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

that's odd, last time I looked the new parts were free. I am guessing they will charge you for weapons :( sad day indeed.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

just don't buy them, there's already close to 200 part in the game.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Isn't one of the new parts that triple cannon?
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

i've seen something like that in the morskoj shop
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

From what I've seen, the new parts aren't really worth it. I downloaded the triple shot assault rifle to try out, but it weighs more than a regular assault rifle and doesn't have as much ammo I don't think. I ended up going back to what I had.

In a way it's good. The new weapons 'n stuff aren't super powerful, so you don't need them. Unless you have a design where a specific weapon's attributes would really help, then don't bother.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I will be joining the squad in the next couple of days.

Tips and advice for a rookie hounder would be appreciated.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Read the GAF squad thread, but only after you've played a few games online. There's some good discussion on build types.

The forum at Chromehounds.com also has some great tips. Also check the ArsTechnica forums that Twit posted before.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I don't like that you're recommending people read forums other than Games-Ranch.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

There's many a tip in this here thread. Some quick general ones:

Single player is good training for the real thing, plus it unlocks parts. They are good parts too, so doing the single player campaign is worthwhile.

Before jumping on LIVE, read the Cellar for the squad details (I've updated it with the right nation). If you join the wrong nation you'll be stuck until the squad moves again.

Get accustomed to the garage. Build something to suit your desired role type and your own style of play. Test it.

Download the free parts from the marketplace. Don't bother with the ones that cost money. The free download parts are pretty good and you can then get those parts in game for $0 at the shop.

You'll probably have a million questions as you get familiar with everything - everyone here will be able to help. The squad can also give you money and parts early on if you need it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GET!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

patch is out
At long last, the patch for Chromehounds has been approved for launch this afternoon. We were not given an expected time for the release, so please have patience as the backend team prepares the launch of this update.

Thanks to everyone for their patience in waiting for this patch!

Online Mode

Network Stability
- Connections between the server and the player have been optimized in all areas of the game. Players can expect to see improvements in the Lobby, Match Start, and Match End areas of the game flow.

Negative Funds Issue
-Negative funds issue, or the -999 problem, has been addressed within the server.
* Please note, users who remain affected will need to check our Sticky thread in the Technical board on updates to our support schedule. Changes to the sticky will be added once we have a support schedule in place. Thanks everyone for your continued patience with this problem, we will be resuming support for this issue as soon as we can.

Search Function Updated
- Fixed issue with incorrect labeling of “Ranking” and “Connection Area” in the Squad Search results. These results will now show the proper Rank and Region of the Squad.
- Fixed an issue that caused a Donation amount to be incorrectly displayed under in the Player Details Section.

Login-related issues
- Fixed a number of login related issues and extended the time out on all connections to improve network performance for all users.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from advancing from certain screens within Free Battle lobbies.

Gameplay

- Fixed an issue that the prevented team members (except Host) from seeing the opposing flags Squad’s Headquarters at the time of Battles in Neroimus War.
- Fixed various collision issues that caused soldiers to fall through the world.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the user from viewing the 25th part in the acquired list of lottery items.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from viewing their own gamertag in the Leaderboard. Searches will no longer be case-sensitive within this category.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to lose nation support after applying to lottery parts over 41.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Awesome, lets get back into it :thumbsup:
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Lestat and I will still need to go through the hassle of leaving the squad at some point when they sort out some -999K support, but at least nobody else should get the problem in the future. Hopefully our games with lots of players will be more stable too.

'bout bloody time.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

FFS they haven't fixed it, just fixed it so it wont happen again? :thumbsdown:
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Too early for what, your first post?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

spammer that's just been shown the door twit.