Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Re: STARCRAFT 2 OFFICIAL OMGOMGOGM YOUTUBE LINK INSIDE

Post by Talez »

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 6680581476
We’re pleased to announce that all players who purchase the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ will also have the option of playing on North American servers following the launch. While we still encourage gamers to play on the local servers, which will offer lower latency and more action during peak hours, we recognize that many players have longstanding friendships and rivalries with North American players, and would like to continue playing with them. Because of this, we're giving Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand gamers access to both regions' servers, so they can choose where they'd prefer to play.

This additional access will go into effect as soon as possible. Our intention is to make it available within 60 days of launch -- at that time, players with a copy of the Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will automatically gain the option to download the North American version of the game client through Battle.net®. You can check out the FAQ for more information, and we’ll have additional details to share about acquiring the North American client in the near future on our Southeast Asia/Australia/New Zealand community site.
CE shipped this morning from JB. Fingers crossed to get it tomorrow but probably not till Wednesday or Thursday.
Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

can someone tell me...if i buy the game from the store will i always need the stupid DvD in the drive when im playing??

i did not bother to put a optical drive in my i7 setup...dont have any use for em..so im hoping i dont need the DVD in my pc so i can make an img of the DVD install it and delete the fucker..

if not i guess i can just download the game from blizzard...and fuck retail altogether.. :lol:

been testing drivers on my NV 295GTX and it seems the best ones for starcraft 2 [beta] and so on is ver. 258.96...other NV owners might want to give these a go too

lastly...CPU scaling wise the game freaking loves that overclocking goodness...so go for it guys :nana:
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Dicksmith will apparently have the best price for those looking to price match.

So, who does the cheapest trade ins? game, EB or JB?
Ekin

Post by Ekin »

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.store" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... =YG6985WEB

Free delivery too. Offer ends tomorrow.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Pariah wrote:
if not i guess i can just download the game from blizzard...and fuck retail altogether.. :lol:
You're better off buying it at retail. All Blizzard games are free download as well once registered on the website.

Blizzard :bow:
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

fuck me i forgot about that...

man blizzard are god like.. :bow:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I'm almost certain that I read somewhere that you won't need the dvd once installed.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

picked it up from game for $79...i know dicksmith had it for 70 but they had no copies left...no one would price match...
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

CE GET!
I don't usually buy CE's these days, but Blizzard are the exception. The art book alone is worth the entry price.
It's not going to make it home. I'll have to crack it soon and have a look at the art book.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Impressions yet?
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Twiztid Elf wrote:CE GET!
I don't usually buy CE's these days, but Blizzard are the exception. The art book alone is worth the entry price.
It's not going to make it home. I'll have to crack it soon and have a look at the art book.
I got the CE too Elf!! :up:

Still not sure whether to open it or sell it for upmarket rapedness on ebay.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Well no sign of it today as I expected. $13 for Parcel Post with only a 1 day lead time for WA orders is a joke.

Never buying from JB online ever again.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Got my standard edition for $69 from JB.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Should have just bought the fucker from DVDCrave with AAE postage like I planned to. Why the fuck didn't I just do that in the first place.
lambchop
The Pain

Post by lambchop »

got mine today ..but not sure if to install before i gte a new vid card or not
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

going through the SP right now...loving it

one big criticism i have is why the fuck did blizzard not insure that AA would be supported...i guess we just have to wait for them to implement it..

ill try forcing it via NV cp tricks...since PQ is ruined by lack of AA
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Got my standard from JB for $42 after trading in a bit of 360 shit I'll never play again. Installing now...
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Install took over half an hour - lol. And when I first put the disk in, it made a hell of a racket. No disk required for play.
Plays pretty nice on my laptop. The lack of AA is noticeable.

Enjoying it so far. Just finished the SP third mission, just a holdout against the Zerg. I understand the concepts of RTS, having played very, very briefly in the past, but my complete and utter n00bness to the genre means this is very fresh to me. Very smooth and polished experience.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

After getting distracted a thousand times in-between unboxing, installing, activating and opening I missed the opening movie that plays the first time you load the game up. Where have they put the 'view intro' button that are in all Blizzard games?
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Talez wrote:Should have just bought the fucker from DVDCrave with AAE postage like I planned to. Why the fuck didn't I just do that in the first place.
The same reason it took you 10 weeks to get a laptop. Go into the store like a human or be prepared to wait. Learn for next time.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

install for me took like 10-12mins on the raptor...due to no optical drive in my i7 i had copied the contents of the DVD over the network to HDD3 to install...very fast.. :lol: i heard with CE the usb stick even has the install files on it??? if so id say it would be faster to install via USB compared to most DVD drives..

I FORCED AA...YAY...Nvidia control panel lets you override the applications control of AA [i had to rename the starcraft 2 exe to sc2.exe since that is what NV had it listed as in their nvapps.xml file]

took some screen caps and made a comparison pic of default vs AA...

as you can see...it works fucking wonders..

AA for the win.. :nana: ugh..you lose a bit of the quality after you upload the pic to these picture sites..but yeah still 4xAA works wonders..the slight improvements when you move to 8xAA you notice more while in action..so im sticking with 8xAA...and everything maxed out..
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Ugh, fucking PC games. Graphic settings have to be low for it to run fairly smoothly.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

Madmya wrote:Ugh, fucking PC games. Graphic settings have to be low for it to run fairly smoothly.
you must have pretty low spec pc...if you need to set everything to low to get it running smoothly...

im getting 130-180FPS ultra settings in MP...with AA forced on with my i7 PC

and 80-130FPS everything maxed in SP..with AA forced on

hell even my phenom system i built for 800 or so months and months back runs the game smoothly on high settings..

games graphics wise is not even close to the most intensive...and i feel the graphics engine is optimized pretty well though it could do with some added features for high end systems

whats your specs btw??? [might be able to pin point any really bad bottlenecks] if you can overclock your cpu...also check for video driver updates..

game really gets a nice boost from overclocking the cpu...

from a stock i7 920 [@ 2.66GHz] to one overclocked to 3.5GHz [very small overclock for i7] you see 25FPS increase and you even see a nice boost on older CPUs
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah... 3 year old lappy. Core duo 2.2Ghz. 2gb RAM, 256mb graphics card.

It's not hard to see why. I knew it wouldn't run at full settings, but it just highlights why I prefer consoles. My xbox is older than it.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Game runs smooth as butter on my 1 year old laptop. OMG this game is amazing. Enjoying it so much. :up:

Altho, once, my laptop froze playing it, and I must admit, I said 'Fuck PC gaming' at the time and went and played Uncharted 2.
Then later I've had the most amazing session of Starcraft 2. Just come off it now on such a high.