Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

sorry :p
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Yeah as much as I think ilce was acting the wrong way and like a total crybaby, I don't wish to emulate his behaviour here. I think if the WoW people who come here want a forum they should still be able to have one. We should set an example of how these things should be done.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

WoW sucks time and life. =(
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It's finally happened.

Candy Arse, unbiased gamer, friend of all NRL and NFL fans, armchair movie critic, metal and 80s music fiend, Playnow Legend....has been BANNED.

And no doubt due to this very thread. :lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

You can still enjoy wow and post here, different strokes for different folks, but if you start taking someones criticism or hate of the game personally, then you have issues. We're all here because certain people can't handle the fact we don't agree with the way they waste their time.

Didn't take much did it candy, i know you've been biting your lip for a long time too. Free Speech FTW!
Last edited by lestat on 04 Jul 2006 08:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
false-alarm

Post by false-alarm »

more like world of BOREcraft.
there. i said it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

lestat wrote:You can still enjoy wow and post here, different strokes for different folks, but if you start taking someones criticism or hate of the game personally, then you have issues. We're all here because certain people can't handle the fact we don't agree with the way they waste their time.

Didn't take much did it candy, i know you've been biting your lip for a long time too. Free Speech FTW!
The funny thing is that I really don't have anything against WoW and I really do absolutely love the RTS Warcraft games. And I wasn't BSing when I said that the only reason I didn't buy WoW was because I know it would take me away from my current hobbies. All that was the dead set truth.

But still it's good to know I've still got it when a troll on this forum gets me banned on another. :up:
Last edited by Candy Arse on 04 Jul 2006 08:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Yep your trolling skills are highly tuned indeed. :laugh:
Pat

Post by Pat »

The other thing is, if there were enough people wanting to start a Team Cowboy WoW guild - I wouldnt have any objection to a guild forum. Same as a PS3 forum for online or a WiiConnect 24 forum if required.

The only thing I object to is excessive and unnecessary moderation that extends to include deleting the accounts of some of the most senior members, like mech for example.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Luckily Pat has grown a thick skin from nearly all the games he likes/pimps sucking. So I dont expect any untowards moderating from him..
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I like the idea of getting a pro-WoW community happening here. I wonder if we can recruit PN's guildmembers away from them? Bring all online gamers here under the Cowboy banner?
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

false-alarm wrote:more like world of BOREcraft.
there. i said it.
I'll FUCKING KILL YOU!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Hold the phone! There's an expansion pack coming out right? Wasn't the whole point of paying $20/month so you DIDN'T have to bother with expansion packs etc.? Not only would this game take away my life, it'd take away my food!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Candy Arse wrote:I like the idea of getting a pro-WoW community happening here. I wonder if we can recruit PN's guildmembers away from them? Bring all online gamers here under the Cowboy banner?
That would be the ultimate :fight

Also, Chaos - Ive learnt from Fahrenheit. Ill pimp a game Im excited for, but if it's shit I'm not afraid to call it.

Also, one more thing. Cunt. Thats the swear filter sorted :up:
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Madmya wrote:Hold the phone! There's an expansion pack coming out right? Wasn't the whole point of paying $20/month so you DIDN'T have to bother with expansion packs etc.? Not only would this game take away my life, it'd take away my food!
Hey they've actualy been pretty good about this kinda thing over the last few months, but innitially the releases every month were shit :P

But yeah the Expo pack is VERY sad, half the stuff in it is stuff they have been promising since the first closed Beta began, but it will have a significant ammount of content so I guess it's worth it..

I love WoW, I have the expo pack pre ordered, but the game has seeeeeeerious issues, and I think in the long term it can be a really destructive game.. I got rid of my account months ago and I'm glad I did.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Madmya wrote:Hold the phone! There's an expansion pack coming out right? Wasn't the whole point of paying $20/month so you DIDN'T have to bother with expansion packs etc.? Not only would this game take away my life, it'd take away my food!
You know what makes it worse, these guys spend hours getting their purples and once the expansion comes out, they raise the level cap to 70 making all the shit they have effectively useless and they have start from zero again. I just don't see the appeal.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Candy Arse wrote:I like the idea of getting a pro-WoW community happening here. I wonder if we can recruit PN's guildmembers away from them? Bring all online gamers here under the Cowboy banner?
:laugh: I should reactivate my account and start one :up:

But I'm not going to because I'm not interested in playing it again.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I still want those 16days of my life back. :down:
false-alarm

Post by false-alarm »

Pointy Cat wrote:
false-alarm wrote:more like world of BOREcraft.
there. i said it.
I'll FUCKING KILL YOU!
do you actually like WoW? i can't read the tone in that. i had the trial version, all i found myself doing was holding down W for long periods and clicking stuff every now and then.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

It's a joke. :P

And yeah I like WoW. I play it a lot.
false-alarm

Post by false-alarm »

hehe ok, fair enough. excuse my forum noobness.
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

Juzbuffa wrote:I'm not banned yet but I did have a thread removed. It had a couple of replies last night before I went to bed but it was gone this morning. For those who didnt see it, here it is in all its glory:
There is a lot of crazy shit going on in the forum these days. I know I'm not the most massive poster here and joined fairly late so I missed Playnow as it was in its glory days, but I think I'm generally regarded well amongst the XBL guys. I've never taken issue with anyone else here, let alone got into a flame war. I feel now I want to say my piece regarding current events. For what its worth, I've composed a little poem, a moving ode to the Playnow of yesterdays and a tribute to those forum members no longer with us.

I sit here quietly waiting
Leaving my thoughts behind
Constantly yearning for something
Ever wishing for reason
Silent, so silent
Useless to act
Craving understanding
Knowing nothing
Salvation denied
Demanding action
Only silence in return
Needful for the truth
Kept in the dark
Expecting resolution
Yielding only confusion
Drowning in lies
Impotent, frustrated
Continually hopeful
Karma will prevail

I think theres something in that for all of us. Thats all I wanted to say. Goodnight and good luck
I called it my "Lament for the Fallen". There is a hidden meesage found by reading the letters down the left side. I thought it was fitting, but still not sure why the thread was deleted.
Whoa, I'm having flashbacks of Vzzzbx's old GOTCHA post baiting LRB.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

I'll play WoW under a cowboy banner. I have 60s on Proudmoore already though.

I should roll on Spinebreaker or something then.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

I see now why my poem got deleted but I didnt get banned. Although I said indirectly that Ilce sucks ass cock, I didnt actually attack WoW! Fucking homeless effort on my behalf.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Ekin

Post by Ekin »

lestat wrote:
You know what makes it worse, these guys spend hours getting their purples and once the expansion comes out, they raise the level cap to 70 making all the shit they have effectively useless and they have start from zero again. I just don't see the appeal.
Yeah everyone is pissed about that but im sure the expansion will be the usual top quality Blizzard stuff. If its anything on the same scale as their previous expansions than i wouldnt mind it too much.

And yeah you'll be grinding for your new gear all over again. That's a MMORPG, try it one day.

Another thing they dont exactly start from zero, obviously they will be far better equiped to tackle the new instances and the grind to 70 than your average player decked in blues. I heard that the grind from 60 to 70 will take roughly the same amount of time as 1-60 so they will be getting some use out of their purples.