I want to play PSO. :/
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Haha. Cowboy guild must NOT have any honour points systems, pecking orders, purple-obsessed players or pretty much any organisation of any kind, beyond the organisation of upcoming activity between players involved of course. Obligation free mmo gaming!
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Yep, 5 man never has any of that shit anyway.

It's allways need before greed (not in game version, players choice version) and 1 each per run, the rest is decided by dice :P
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Play PSU when it's out! It's all 6 man stuff! PSO all grown up and on steroids.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

PSU is fucked tho cos half the people on this forum will play it on 360 and be stuck with only other Australian 360 users.

I've allready got 3-4 rl friends lined up to play PC PSU with me after they grew tired of WoW, though the 9 month delay is hurting this alliance..
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

I'll so be there! :up:
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Yeah that does suck. :(
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

PSO limited to four characters per account = teh suck. I have all 12 in PSOGC. It's just nice having them there, even if half of them are like, level 3.

PSU may do the same thing, but that'll be ok because apparently they're going for a FFXI-style class system, so I can safely make one each of a human, newman, android, and monster race, and change between their skillsets as I want. Apparently. :up:
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

This is why I love being a shadow priest. Free healing ftw!

Arthas

Post by Arthas »

Got to admit that the expansion 'burning crusade' is looking really really good. 25 man cap on epic encounters, lots of 5-10man content. The new class skills and talents look great. PvP wont be a stupid farming time sink and sounds like good fun.

Blizzard seem to be listening.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

To say Blizzard doesn't listen is a bit unfair, IMO.
It can be hard to hear a person's voice over the constant ringing of 6 million cash registers.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Your UI is fugly, Talez!
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Yeah 5 man instances were among my favourite times with the game. My main was a rogue so 5 man instances were far more fun to play than MC.
Molten Core doesn't really count though, that thing is really just a 40 man training ground and its boring as bat shit. I don't think anybody enjoys molten core, really. The later 40 man's have all gotten progressively far more interesting. That said you still have to put up with the ridiculous levels of organisation etc to get it going..

I am really looking forward to more 5 man action though. It's way more fun and you feel like less of just a cog in a machine.
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: World of Warcraft fucking sucks

Post by Candy Arse »

Good times!

Still yet to play a single second of WoW.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

A lot of names in this thread I wish still posted here :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Never played it in my life. My flatmate in London did and ended up missing a year of University because of it and seeing his health change, zits and all. All that was missing was his mum putting a potty under his arse to catch the poos. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

GOTY 2004.
Ambrose Burnside wrote:A lot of names in this thread I wish still posted here :(
QFT
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I think I downloaded it once but never played it due to the monthly fee. Shame so many people don't post here anymore.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Out of interest, is there anyone here still playing? Didn't a few Ranchers go back last year for Vanilla?
I haven't touched it since 2008, but I know a few people who still play, and both my kids do.
It's interesting to hear stories of new content and what's happening in the game.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

I've never played it, when it came out I knew I'd get horribly addicted if I gave it a shot, fail uni and end up all sorts of fucked. So I gave it and all other MMOs a wide berth.

I think I made the right call.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Mate at work took a week off to play Vanilla when it released so not sure much has changed for the hardcore WoW players.

I for one also made the same call to avoid it as was also at uni at the time. That and watching it just seemingly make people single minded must play WoW and stuff up any other multiplayer games we would have otherwise enjoyed made me not want a bar of it.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Three of my friends at uni played WoW when we started. One quit playing entirely to focus on study, one uninstalled during session but played in the breaks, and the other thought they had enough self control but added a year and a half to their degree and only just got over the line. It's a helluva drug.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Out of interest, is there anyone here still playing? Didn't a few Ranchers go back last year for Vanilla?
I haven't touched it since 2008, but I know a few people who still play, and both my kids do.
It's interesting to hear stories of new content and what's happening in the game.
2008 also. For me the game was magical until I got to around level 50. 50-60 was a chore. I participated in the structured guild endgame stuff for a while which as a rogue involved me getting in front of raid bosses and clicking the shit out my left mouse button, while the priests sat back and clicked the shit out of their left mouse buttons to keep me healed. For 6-8 hour shifts. It was horrible.

Soon after Wrath of the Lich King I bought the expansions with a view to getting back into the world I found so captivating at launch. I started in the first Burning Crusade area. It looked horrible and the fetch/kill quests were mindless chores. I didn't last an hour and haven't been back again.

I noted the vanilla release and gave it a moment's thought. It's not something I'd ever give substantial time to again so I didn't install.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

:D

MMO's tend to not get too much spotlight here. Rightfully so really, it's essentially a stale genre and I don't think there are many active players here?
Guild Wars 2 / Secret World Legends both actually seemed pretty good I thought for the handful of hours I played each, and Final Fantasy 14 / Elder Scrolls Online have appealed from time to time, but I never took the plunge.

There are a few at the moment that are creating some buzz.
Ashes of Creation and the Amazon created New World both look interesting.
https://ashesofcreation.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.newworld.com/en-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But the one that's really seems to be getting a lot of positive hype out of closed beta is Blue Protocol.
https://blue-protocol.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Mr gun got me into wow back in 2008 I was hopelessly addicted and was told by my other half to abandon the game or be abandoned.
I think I got to the third expansion and that was it.