27 Wii Launch Titles Confirmed (With 7 Coming From Ubisoft)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I'm shocked to see GreyWizzard attacking me.

How you can confuse 4-7 titles with 20 titles is beyond me. I pointed out that Wii is in no way the first console to launch with so many titles, nor is it in no way "one of the biggest so far!"

And now I'm getting in trouble for pointing that out? Fuck you guys are bubble boys. Someone call the waaaaahmbulance.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

:popcorn:
Faraday

Post by Faraday »

mech wrote:
And now I'm getting in trouble for pointing that out? Fuck you guys are bubble boys. Someone call the waaaaahmbulance.
And all I am doing is pointing out your a negative prick 80% of the time, and quiet frankly, its getting old.
How you can confuse 4-7 titles with 20 titles is beyond me. I pointed out that Wii is in no way the first console to launch with so many titles, nor is it in no way "one of the biggest so far!"
First, I never said it WAS the first to launch with that many. Second, Like Greywizzard said, "like 4-7" is hardly a solid number. Its not a case of confusing numbers, its a way of saying "hey 7 games from just one company could very well mean the Wii launches with a crap load more games then any console before it."
mech

Post by mech »

Oh for the love of god... sorry, next time I'll let you guys wallow in your misinformation... poor bubbleboys.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

If you had of said something along the lines of...

"Look, you're wrong about those launch numbers, here is the actual launch numbers <show proof>".

Then there wouldn't be a problem at all.

And again how is the seeming appearance of "like 4-7" titles at launch misinformation.

If I was a secluded person and I only went to the Big W near me I would assume the 360 has only 8 titles and hasn't released any extra since launch. I then read an article about all the games stated for launch of the Wii. These two factors along would make the Wii the bigger launch and would in fact back up Faraday's statement.

You don't have to be a snide prick about things, you can just give people the correct information in a polite fashion.
mech

Post by mech »

GreyWizzard wrote:If you had of said something along the lines of...

"Look, you're wrong about those launch numbers, here is the actual launch numbers <show proof>".

Then there wouldn't be a problem at all.
Woah, that's EXACTLY what I did though!
BTW your launch titles are just plain wrong. Xbox launched with 19 titles at my count.

# Halo
# Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
# NFL Fever 2002
# Project Gotham Racing
# Fuzion Frenzy
# Madden NFL 2002
# NASCAR Thunder 2002
# Cel Damage
# NASCAR Heat 2002
# TransWorld Surf
# Test Drive Off-Road Wide Open
# NHL Hitz 2002
# Mad Dash Racing
# Shrek
# 4x4 EVO 2
# Dark Summit
# Air Force Delta Storm
# Dead or Alive 3
# Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x
How snide of me!

This didn't turn nasty until Faraday replied with this garbage:
Heres what I am going to do for you Mech, I'm not going to bother to post a reply to your comments any more, because quiet frankly I am sick of having to justify my opinions to you all the time.

Every throw away comment becomes about 5 posts of me justifying it. So I'll save everyone the effort and not bother with you.

And I got that list from Wikipedia. Blame them.
I correct him and get him cracking the sads, wtf? Even if you want to argue this "opinion" and "perception" stuff, I was CORRECTING HIS PERCEPTION.

I didn't call him dumb.

I didn't make a snide remark.

You guys need to both stop thinking there's something there when there isn't. I'm sure Faraday can defend himself without you getting involved GreyWizzard, especially over a non-event like this.

BTW,
Can't do if you're used to consoles launching with 4-7 games in total.
is not a snide remark. I'm just saying that only Nintendo consoles have been renown for small quantities of launch titles, but 10-20 games is about the norm for the other mainstream consoles of late. And that's really only for N64 and previous consoles - Gamecube launched with 12 titles in the US.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Wow, you even quote yourself out of context. Clap Clap I salute you sir!

The reason people stop posting when you are around isn't because you have won the argument. It is because we are bored of getting stuck in your moronic circular arguments.

But I;m sure you will post one more, just because you wanna be cool and get the last word in. Cause... damnit sally, you just gotta be right, even when it is obvious you are wrong.

G'night!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Timesplitters was NOT a PS2 launch title!

edit: :lol: oh shit, another one of these threads :lol:
mech

Post by mech »

GreyWizzard wrote:Wow, you even quote yourself out of context. Clap Clap I salute you sir!

The reason people stop posting when you are around isn't because you have won the argument. It is because we are bored of getting stuck in your moronic circular arguments.

But I;m sure you will post one more, just because you wanna be cool and get the last word in. Cause... damnit sally, you just gotta be right, even when it is obvious you are wrong.

G'night!
Quote myself out of context? Please explain this one to me. You're reading things in my words that just weren't there. And now you're running away from it, because again I'm proving you wrong. Just accept it and move on. Calling me names won't help prove your point (love how many names you've called me in this thread btw, and then say:
You don't have to be a snide prick about things
The ironing is delicious! Let's see all the abuse you've tried to dish out so far:
GreyWizzard wrote:you for some reason like being a pedantic dick.
GreyWizzard wrote:You really don't need to be an arse about it
GreyWizzard wrote: You don't have to be a snide prick about things, you can just give people the correct information in a polite fashion.
(LOL!!!)
GreyWizzard wrote:It is because we are bored of getting stuck in your moronic circular arguments.
Maybe you need to learn how to be polite GW?

Worst I did was call you bubble boys AFTER you started the childish crap. :?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Amped was also a launch title, Max Payne and Rallisport Challenge were released at launch here too (but not in the US). And we got Genma Onimusha too.
Rocco

27 Launch Titles For Wii

Post by Rocco »

The following 27 games are confirmed Wii launch titles:

Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Wii Sports

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen & Towers Of Mirrors

Super Monkey Ball 3: Banana Blitz

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion

Elebits

Super Swing Golf Pangya

Metal Slug Anthology

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Red Steel

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Tony Hawk&#8217;s Downhill Jam

Madden NFL 2007

Code Of Duty 3

Need For Speed Carbon

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Far Cry

Open Season

Blazing Angels: Squadrons Of WWII

Blitz: The League

Wii Motor Sports Airplane

GT Pro Series

Monster 4x4 World Circuit

Cars

SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature From The Krusty Krab

The Ant Bully
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

i'll take monkey ball and... that is all thanks.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Re: 27 Launch Titles For Wii

Post by Megaman »

Rocco wrote:The following 27 games are confirmed Wii launch titles:
This sounds a lot like classic Rocco.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Rayman Wii:
We are designing Raving Rabbids specifically for the Wii. It&#8217;s not just an adaptation. It&#8217;s a very special project, because this is really a revolution for us. Now we have to focus on one version - the Wii version.

Far Cry Wii:

Far Cry Wii will include elements from Far Cry Instincts Evolution, in addition to a fresh storyline, new maps, characters and equipment. Second and even more importantly, Far Cry has strong diversity of gameplay so the game is a natural fit for the Wii remote.

You will be able to shoot using the remote; you will also be able to throw grenades, punch, jump, run and balance to keep from plunging to your death. You will also be able to drive cars, trucks and boats. If you're looking for a game that allows you to experience the true beauty of the Wii and its revolutionary remote technology, this is it.

Blazing Angels Wii:

For a dog fighting game like Blazing Angels, we think the best idea is for the player to separate their two hands. The left and right hands will perform separate roles with less crossover and collaborative control patterns. Players will have an easier time concentrating on one hand while using the other to facilitate simple routines.

Monster 4x4 Wii:

Monster 4x4 we rebuilt the controls to use the motion-sensing features and aimed for easy controls with a focus on intuitiveness. This enables the best emotion possible in a driving game: you feel like you're at the wheel. It's an arcade game too so be ready for stunts. Your truck can do a donut when you make a circular movement.

GT Pro Series Wii:

It will have more than 80 licensed cars, tons of tuning options and fluid drift-style controls and physics. Talk about how the Wii changes the way you play games, we're working to include an accessory in GT Pro Series that will make this game a must have. Stay tuned, literally.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Oh man, Mech vs the Nintendo Bubble boys lol. :lol:

(Hint: You can't win! Look at the amount of knock out blows Rocco has taken)
mech

Post by mech »

Hahahahahaha good point Froggy :D
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

That launch lineup is depressing. Wiitards like Roccowned are jerking off furiously of course. Be careful you don't get any stuck in your unibrow, Roccowned!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Nice list for launch, from the list I would probably be looking at picking up

Wii Sports

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen & Towers Of Mirrors

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion

Elebits

Red Steel

Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam

Blazing Angels: Squadrons Of WWII

I was thinking about Rayman... and the Wii setup does sound nice for it... but I dunno... It would have to be a pretty special Rayman title. 2 was kick arse, but 3 was a bit of a let down.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

michael ancel is working on this one, he had nothing to do with Rayman 3.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Those Bunny facts have been making me laugh :)

Bunny's don't shut doors AAAAHHHHHH!!!!
Pat

Post by Pat »

Rocco wrote:The following 27 games are confirmed Wii launch titles:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Wii Sports

Metal Slug Anthology

Rayman Raving Rabbits

Wii Motor Sports Airplane
These games interest me.