Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Ninety-Nine Nights reviews

Post by Juzbuffa »

IGN says :down: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/725/725558p1.html
The gameplay is shallow, the story is generic, and there isn't anything present to make you feel like you're going to miss out if you just turn the game off and walk away. Although we are months into a new generation of hardware, N3 shows that not all games have made the jump.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Rocco

Post by Rocco »

So does Gamespot:

Ninety-Nine Nights - Gamespot Review

Overall: 5.9

The Good: Puts a lot of enemies onscreen.

The Bad: Basic attacks work better than the flashier combos; lame english voice acting with no apparent alternative soundtrack; combat is very repetitive.

On paper, the multiple characters and item collection might make Ninety-Nine Nights sound like a reasonably deep action game. Unfortunately, the action starts out completely mindless and wears even thinner as time goes on. Whether you're a fan of the let's-see-how-many-guys-we-can-cram-onscreen genre or not, this one's probably not worth your time.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... bj=6155689
Pat

Post by Pat »

:yawn:

Just like Dynasty Warriors then. Shit. :down:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

If anyone's still keen on it after the arse reviews floating around, DVDCrave are getting in UK copies on the 5th of Sept.

I'm still looking forward to it and have my copy ordered :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I found the demo okay, when I worked out what the heck I was doing I found it was pretty awesome. But I could see it getting repetative very quickly.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I played it in EB and found it boring. I was only impressed once when I saw a fuckload of characters on screen at once with no slowdown.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I can imagine it getting repetetive pretty quickly but it's been a good while since I've played a fun hack 'n' slash and the demo impressed me enough to warrant a purchase.

I've not really picked anything for the 360 in a while too so I want something new to play as well.
Having never played the Dynasty Warriors games helps I think also, as the whole taking on hoards of enemies, making them fly and decimating everything aspect will still be fresh to me :)

edit: hmm seems that the actual Aussie version will be $13 cheaper from DVDCrave though.. so I guess if you want to wait you can get it cheaper.
Last edited by Ben on 30 Aug 2006 01:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

yeah I would be pre-ordering the cheaper version. They then have to offer it to you at whatever price they have said it originally was. I am getting Superman Returns for cheaper :D
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I realised why it appeared as 79 heh, it's because when it displays in the cart it doens't have gst added onto it because I hadn't selected a country, so yeah, only $13 cheaper.