Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Excellent news for scalpers.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

guttermouth wrote:
mech wrote:Um, there were heaps of playable games at E3.

And Microsoft got fucked with the 360 last Christmas too due to lack of supply, so don't think Sony's the only one fucking up.

MS were also behind where Sony are now at this time last year. Final dev kits came out VERY late.
We know the same thing happened, but MS never came out and said 'WORLD WIDE LAUNCH'. It was never gonna happen, Sony new it and everybody else new it, except fanbois. It was typical Sony arogance and bullshit hype.
They said again and again and again how special they were for doing a worldwide/global launch, how difficult it was, etc etc. Stop being a fanboy.

Hype? Arrogance? Ahaha you should go read some of Microsoft's quotes at launch about "lucid dreams" or some garbage.

As for your other quote, you're correct. This can only be good for Microsoft, as people will get their second choice for Xmas if the PS3 isn't available, boosting their numbers even more. Sony's delay and Microsoft's early launch have done a lot of good for Microsoft.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Peter Moore wrote:"Next generation games will combine unprecedented audio and visual experiences to create worlds that are beyond real and they'll deliver storylines and gameplay so compelling that it will feel like living a lucid dream. The result is a state where you achieve the perfect mind-body equilibrium as you forget your physical surroundings and you become completely immersed in the game itself; this controller becomes an extension of your body, it becomes the gateway to the Zen of gaming."
Next to that Krazy Ken looks positively sane.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Ken Kutaragi wrote: "The PS3 will instill discipline in our children and adults alike. Everyone will know discipline."

:D
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Froggy wrote:the one Toys R Us in Adelaide
Actually theres 2 stores here in Adelaide mate, the other one is out at TTP.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Pat

Post by Pat »

Wii preorders down here are double those for PS3.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?!?
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

no shit, i thought they would of been about triple that of PS3...

IT'S TOO FUCKIN EXPENSIVE!!!! only rich kids and fanboys (that have been saving for months and months, maybe even longer) would purchase a system for this price tag.

however i predict this time next year will be the PS3's time, with a fair price and more decent games
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

wii is going to be a big success
mech

Post by mech »

And not much fun to play.

Just like the DS!

;-)
Pat

Post by Pat »

BIAS!

Waggleshockless 3 for yu0, mech. :D
Rocco

Huh?

Post by Rocco »

Froggy wrote:The wii won't sell well here, it'll be like the gamecube but I think on even less of a scale...word of mouth among school kids will kill the Wii.
Because Nintendo is oh so uncool and kiddie, right? :lol:

Then why is the Nintendo DS absolutely thrashing the PSP in Australian sales (both hardware and software)? You may want to check the figures for aussie handheld sales for 05 and current 06 periods.

Sure the GC was a disaster, but the DS has proven there are still plenty of Aussies who still love Nintendo.

Froggy wrote:When it's seen in stores against 360 and ps3 I can see it flatlining quick no matter the price tag.
:shock:

You couldn’t be anymore wrong. When the mainstreamer is in-store swinging the wimote around as a sword…or gun…or tennis racket, I’m pretty sure that’s going to make the Wii even more attractive to a potential buyer and mummies looking for the must have christmas gift.

Froggy wrote:In the meantime Boomy and Selfish can rub themselves hard thinking that because the one Toys R Us in Adelaide has 300 pre-orders everyone wants one.
Dude, i'm in Sydney and Wii preorders have reached 550+, whilst the PS3 is struggling within the 60-70 mark for the Chatswood store. The sales rep literally pulled out 2 A4 folders full of Wii reservations. EB Chatswood (downstairs from TRU) have caught on, and according to the sales rep i spoke to just this morning, are even considering throwing in a free game for Wii preorders, to detract the yuppie mummy and teen crowds from going upstairs to TRU.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Re: Huh?

Post by Megaman »

Rocco wrote:Dude, i'm in Sydney and Wii preorders have reached 550+, whilst the PS3 is struggling within the 60-70 mark for the Chatswood store. The sales rep literally pulled out 2 A4 folders full of Wii reservations. EB Chatswood (downstairs from TRU) have caught on, and according to the sales rep i spoke to just this morning, are even considering throwing in a free game for Wii preorders, to detract the yuppie mummy and teen crowds from going upstairs to TRU.
Dude the same thing happened for the NINTENDO GAMECUBE. They had "record" pre-orders, way more than PS2 or Xbox. I understand that you were in New York and missed all this, but it happened.
pubba
DDR Athlete

Post by pubba »

Im waiting for the first price drop on ps3. We will have more than enough 360 games for the next 6 months or so. Saints Row looks great, Dead Rising is brilliant and Gears of War is just around the corner..

Then you have Mass Effect, new splinter cell, leggo star wars 2 (!) and more..

If you fork out $1000 for a videogame console.. You need to really stand back and take a good hard look at yourself..!

Regardless of all this.. I will probably buckle under the strain and buy one.. :)
Pat

Post by Pat »

Rocco wrote:
Froggy wrote:When it's seen in stores against 360 and ps3 I can see it flatlining quick no matter the price tag.
:shock:

You couldn’t be anymore wrong. When the mainstreamer is in-store swinging the wimote around as a sword…or gun…or tennis racket, I’m pretty sure that’s going to make the Wii even more attractive to a potential buyer and mummies looking for the must have christmas gift.
I have to agree with this. When eyetoy demo pods were up in stores, the crowds around them were staggering (relative to anything before or after). The only thing Ive seen get the same level of attention was probably a good session of Geometry Wars RE. :D

Casuals lap this shit up.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Megaman wrote:
Rocco wrote:Dude, i'm in Sydney and Wii preorders have reached 550+, whilst the PS3 is struggling within the 60-70 mark for the Chatswood store. The sales rep literally pulled out 2 A4 folders full of Wii reservations. EB Chatswood (downstairs from TRU) have caught on, and according to the sales rep i spoke to just this morning, are even considering throwing in a free game for Wii preorders, to detract the yuppie mummy and teen crowds from going upstairs to TRU.
Dude the same thing happened for the NINTENDO GAMECUBE. They had "record" pre-orders, way more than PS2 or Xbox. I understand that you were in New York and missed all this, but it happened.
:lol:
mech

Post by mech »

Yeah I remember when I was told by a guy at Myer they were backing the NINTENDO GAMECUBE and not the Xbox... I couldn't believe it. Turned out I knew more than Myer did. It only took a few months before I could buy my NINTENDO GAMECUBE for like 1/3rd of its launch price.

Anyway, I think the Wii will do well, just like DS. Doesn't mean I'm convinced on it, but hey, if it makes Nintendo a shitload of cash, then obviously they're on to a winner.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Rocco mate, you gotta stop using the DS as some sort of indicator of people's interest in a Nintendo home console. Different markets mate, Holden doesn't go OMG people are buying 10000 Astra's a month, this just shows that people will still buy the new Commodore in droves.

Kids in school - want the best, in the store they see Wii, ps3 and 360 side by side, wii will not win.

price drops - wii loses it's only advantage once ps3 and 360 start dropping in price, infact 360 could drop even close to Wii's starting price point near the Wii and ps3 launch, if Wii drops it's price quickly after it's launch to create a new low price point for 'next gen' I think it'll make parents wonder why they are so desperate to get rid of them (my mum always thought this way, most of the time she was right).

Originally posted by Rocco International Retard:
That's a gimmick, gimmicks get found out, eye toy anyone? Think eye toy because this is how shitty the 'swinging sword' or 'tennis racket' games are going to be. I can tell you people won't give a fuck about these features once a big game comes out on ps3 or 360 that every kid/teen/adult wants ie GTA3, games win Rocco.

oh, you are ghey.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

no... bi-curious :up:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

:lol: at the extra 'curious' part.

New commodores look shit!!
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote::lol: at the extra 'curious' part.

New commodores look shit!!
Are you keeping up with the Commodore, because the Commodore is keeping up with you!

But on the other side of the coin, regardless of poor pre orders, Sony are set to dominate 3rd Gen!!!
PS3 set to capture 44 per cent of US market by 2011

Market analyst firm The Yankee Group has forecast a victory for Sony in the next-gen console race, predicting a four per cent lead over Microsoft - with Nintendo's Wii trailing far behind.

The report suggests that Microsoft will have sold approximately 27 million Xbox 360 consoles by 2011, capturing 40 per cent of the US market and narrowly missing the lead. Sony is expected to shift 30 million units of its considerably higher priced PlayStation 3, gaining a marginal victory with 44 per cent of the overall console market in the US.

Analysts at the firm have noticeably less faith in the success of the Nintendo Wii, which is expected to retail for less than US$250 and is taking a markedly different approach to the next-gen race - favouring innovation and gameplay over high processing power and cinematic visuals.

It's predicted that Nintendo will sell just 11 million units over the next five years, securing a rather less impressive 16 per cent of the US market. It should be noted however, that The Yankee Group's analysis contradicts widespread industry opinion on Nintendo's success in the market, as developers, publishers and rival platform holders continue to praise the Japanese firm's market strategy.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

i work with kids. let it be known that they are far more excited by the wii than the ps3, even when these (rather rich) kids have been exposed to the 360 already - a few here and there are keen on better graphics, but most don't give a shit. kids are impressed by starfox running on an emulator! it's only when adults tell them that one has "better graphics" than the other that they seem to care - while the benefits of the wii are pretty obvious.

ps3 and 360 marketing is going to have to push the "graphics are more important than anything" angle pretty hard, is all i'm saying - or find some breakout hit.
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

The typical teen will go for whatever is 'cool'. Whatever has the cool games. I don't think that Mario and Zelda will fit into the cool crowd. Shit like Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto etc. will.

For the younger kids... i have no doubt Wii will be the dominant console. And probably for females of most ages also.

I've no doubt the Wii will have a kickass launch... right before christmas as the cheapest of hte consoles, a lot of kids will be getting one this year. Whether it sux or not... it's going to really move this christmas.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I think it's gonna be real interesting, for the first time a Nintendo home console and Sony home console will be launching head to head. In the past Sony consoles have had the first mover advantage against Nintendo.

So it's gonna be real interesting how much of a impact Nintendo have on ps3. They have the price advantage, the Nintendo faithful and Zelda. It could be pretty embarrassing for Sony if Nintendo outsell them this Christmas.
Pat

Post by Pat »

t0mby wrote:
But on the other side of the coin, regardless of poor pre orders, Sony are set to dominate 3rd Gen!!!
:lol: @ 44% = 'dominate' :lol:
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

From my time working in games retail the type of people who asked about PS3 were mainly bogans, and when you mentioned that it looked like being about a thousand dollars they either a) said 'Fuck off man, I'll keep me Sony 2!' or b) went home and knocked up the missus for the baby bonus to pay for it. :D
Seriously, I'm honestly not suprised that pre-orders for PS3 are less than wii . People like us (gamers) will always be early adopters, but for the average mum and dad spending $1k on what they see as just more of what they already have (games machine plus glorified DVD player) doesn't make sense, when petrol will probably be nudging $2/L at xmas, interest rates are still rising and there is no end in sight to the banana price crisis!
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!