shmup thread (formelly Raiden IV on 360)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Re: shmup thread (formelly Raiden IV on 360)

Post by Shaneus »

Muzza wrote:For those who haven't jumped on the PAL shmups bandwagon yet and like to have physical copies of the games they own.

Picked up both Dodonpachi and Deathsmiles for a total of around $50 with shipping from the same ebay seller. Have the JAP Ntsc versions but just couldn't resist this.

Dodonpachi Resurrection Deluxe Edition Sealed XBOX 360 AU $21.99

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dodonpachi-R ... 2eba5be765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deathsmiles Deluxe Edition Sealed Game New Xbox 360 AU $7.99

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Deathsmiles- ... 2ebac8c524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pretty sure the only way we can get DDP is physically. The marketplace only has addons.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Been gettin stuck in to Ikaruga again, and surprisingly playing some 2p mode! I really thought it would be a bit of a mess given the chaining aspect but we found a pretty awesome rhythm between us :D farthest we've made it is to the third level mid-boss under normal score attack conditions. Hardly any full level chains but we managed to pretty consistently get A ranks on the first level with some decent ones. It's a small achievement considering how many people would play 2p mode with conviction, but we're ranked 350ish in the world for our efforts! Hehe
Yoshi Sonic

shmup thread (formelly Raiden IV on 360)

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

hey when I saw this thread resurrected I was going to mention the same thing - I fired Ikaruga up on the weekend and lay on the couch to play. It made me a new arsehat.

GameCubecumber had some great titles.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Looks like Mushihimesama is getting a HD release to complement the earlier Mushihimesama Futari :) chucked in a preorder through amiami who seem to be consistently much cheaper than Play-Asia for CAVE games. Don't know why they have been charging quite so much for them, other than that they can get away with it..

Also got my copy of Under Defeat HD the other day, looks a bit dated even with the HD factor but never got to play it on the Dreamcast so it's cool to finally get in to it. Got it for PS3 but now I'm kind of thinking I should have just got it for 360 to keep my recent collection consistent :P
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

This looks fucking awesome:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coming soon from Nyu Media to a PC near you: English localizations of one of the most revered and respected Japanese shooting game series ever. Brain-transplanted fighter craft, reflective shield technology, and blade-based melee attacks take on a global militarized government, genocidal A.I. and ancient alien weapons of mass destruction! More AWESOME than you can shake a stick at!
Video
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Ikaruga has appeared on steam! $9.99

I had no idea this was coming, I got it on 360 when the HD update came out but this is awesome, some of my favourite console games are popping up on PC and slowly making some of my console stuff redundant.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Ikaruga on PC? btw...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NullDC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Deathsmiles is now available on steam, 10% discount and OST included as launch promo. $17.99 USD I think it is. Essentially the 360 version so Mega Black Label etc is in there, but online multiplayer has been omitted.

Mushihimesama also dropped on steam not too long ago, much the same as Deathsmiles there's no more online multiplayer but otherwise a complete package with all the special revisions in there :)

I am somewhat out of the loop too, noticed on Playza that Raiden V exists and it's for the Xbone! Might have to remember that when I eventually get one, they're region free right?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Do they even publish games for the Japanese bone?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I picked up Dariusburst CS for Vita the other day. It's pretty good but then I realised I don't even play my Vita when I have games for it. It's on PS4 too.

Wtf is the logic of releasing Raiden V exclusively for Xbox One in Japan? I'd get it but I don't fancy paying $100+ to import it.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Upon your mention of Dariusburst I went on the store to see how much for the Vita version. Fuck me if it's not around 35 quid ($70 thereabouts). Fuck that.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Yeah I know. I waited a bit because I was sure it would go on sale. Then I gave up and bought it. Next week it was half price.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I guess in regards to Raiden V, the 360 did have a slew of exclusive shmup titles. Mostly CAVE releases but even Raiden IV from memory was 360 exclusive - well for quite a while, I think is now both on PC and PS3, or maybs PS4.
Megaman
a bad sheriff

Post by Megaman »

Raiden V is out in the US now, still not on the AU marketplace.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

60% off Dariusburst atm on psn.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Raiden iv is $3.74 on steam atm.