PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

but it isn't.

see the phrase "but it isn't"

It's like saying:

"I agree with everything you say Mech, but I don't."

Or how about this one, you suggest something to your boss and he/she says:

"That's a good suggestion, but I think we should go with my original idea"

You were in no way in agreeance with me.

The problem is your absolute belief that you are correct. It is no longer about the original statement at all for you. It is you belief that you are right and no matter what anyone says, you can't be wrong. I honestly think you need to step back and take a look at yourself. I worry for you, I really do. One day someone is going to say something to you and you are probably going to start laying into them with your fists saying "I like you, but I have to kill you".
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Grey, when will you get it?

You said it looks good.

I said it looked good as well, but that the actual gameplay wasn't any good, according to an Edge review.

Why that's something to get fired up about is totally beyond me.

And I may well be wrong about the game being shit, despite the Edge review, but I am utterly right in saying that I agreed with you; because I did. I also thought the game could be fun, but it turned out it was flawed. What part of that do you not understand?
pubba
DDR Athlete

Post by pubba »

Im buying this game for the graphical style - looks brilliant :)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Actually I never said it looks good, I said it looks like it could be fun. sheesh :rolleyes:
mech

Post by mech »

... for the love of...

Grey, aren't you the one who has a go at me for being a pedant?

Here you go again so you get it. BTW it's called "para-phrasing"
mech wrote:Grey, when will you get it?

You said it looked like it could be fun.

I said it looked like it could be fun as well, but that the actual gameplay wasn't any good, according to an Edge review.

Why that's something to get fired up about is totally beyond me.

And I may well be wrong about the game being shit, despite the Edge review, but I am utterly right in saying that I agreed with you; because I did. I also thought the game could be fun, but it turned out it was flawed. What part of that do you not understand?
Did changing those couple of words actually change the meaning of my post any? No, it didn't.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

mech wrote:Did changing those couple of words actually change the meaning of my post any? No, it didn't.
It has nothing to do with meaning, and everything to do with tone. Is that too complicated for you?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Sometimes games that get shit reviews are still enjoyable and vice versa, games that get good reviews are arse. It happens. [/Sensible Simon]

:D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

selfish wrote:It has nothing to do with meaning, and everything to do with tone. Is that too complicated for you?
mech wrote:"Hey man :) Yeah I agree, the game does look great, but unfortunately it got a bit of a bad review in the latest edge :( :( :( Oh well, maybe they were wrong :) you're great btw!"
:gaymove:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
mech

Post by mech »

selfish wrote:
mech wrote:Did changing those couple of words actually change the meaning of my post any? No, it didn't.
It has nothing to do with meaning, and everything to do with tone. Is that too complicated for you?
What... are you talking about? Grey was whinging about me paraphrasing his and my posts, so I changed my post where I did that so it said exactly what he said.

It's worthless arguing with you two.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

GreyWizzard wrote:I don't read reviews until after I have tried the game.
Hang on... what the fuck?
Pat

Post by Pat »

t0mby wrote:Sometimes games that get shit reviews are still enjoyable and vice versa, games that get good reviews are arse. It happens. [/Sensible Simon]

:D
I already tried that approach, t0mby.
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

Downloaded the demo. Unless Grey doesent count playing a demo as a fairly good way of forming an opinion, this game can be considered a turd! :)
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]