PS3 production and Wii controller issues. 2 for 1 Special

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Pat

PS3 production and Wii controller issues. 2 for 1 Special

Post by Pat »

Next Gen
Sony Computer Entertainment of America president Kaz Hirai reveals that Sony has yet to begin manufacturing the PS3; two million unit launch target still expected, but shortages anticipated.

ImageIn an extensive interview with consumer site GameSpot, Hirai stated, "We haven't started manufacturing [the PS3] yet. Some of our ops guys were actually just in China, and also in Japan just reviewing the [production] lines and everything else. But they are, again, preparing as we speak to get the manufacturing going. We've not announced and we haven't set really a specific date to say, 'As of this day we're going to start manufacturing.'"
MTV
This kind of leeway could be good thing. However, one person's variety is another person's game-breaker. At Dylan's, the THQ Wii game "Barnyard" primarily featured third-person (third-animal, really) character-based gameplay. It also offered some bonus games. One was darts, which is supposed to be played with the Wii remote held and flicked like a dart — just not released — at the dartboard on the TV screen. The THQ producer showing the game advocated aiming with the Wii remote's laser pointer and then flicking the wrist. But a move from the elbow worked too. So did a move from the shoulder. And so did a flick in reverse, away from the dartboard, a sign of the Wii remote's limitations when it comes to distinguishing different types of motions.
Still looking for a 360 hate topic, but there's plenty to digest here for those who want to hate :D
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

:?

I really wouldn’t use a THQ rush-job game like ‘cars’, 'avatar', ‘barnyard’ or ‘spongebob’ to determine how good or bad the wiimote is, considering that is all they are developing for the Wii.

Sounds like poor and lazy programming to me :down: , not a hardware limitation.
Pat

Post by Pat »

You bloody want to hope it is.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

So do I. I'm hoping My PS3 will pay for my Wii but not much fucking good if the Wii controls like a POS.

Damn you and your Good news Bad news post Pat!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

People still think the Wiimote will be good? And that PS3's will be plentiful at launch? :?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
friick

Post by friick »

Hahah, I can't wait until the Wii launches and everyone complains how unresponsive it is!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

2 million units for launch, yeah right. :down:
pubba
DDR Athlete

Post by pubba »

I will eat my hat if they release in Australia this year..
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

It's not too late for a delay, even bloody Microsoft delayed our already delayed launch.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yeah exactly. I dont think anyone should be surprised if there is a delay - 2 million units or whatever wont go far when its a worldwide launch. Hell - 1 million in each of Japan, NA and Europe wasnt enough for PS2 launch. Prce be fucked.

(The fact people were happy to spend $1000+ USD on 360 bundles and even core consoles on ebay means people will be dead-keen on getting a ps3 at launch.