pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

FIFA07 & ProEvo6 next gen exclusive to 360 for 12 months

Post by pilonv1 »

According to the MS conference at the Leipzig Games Show.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66873" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sony :fight :fight :fight :fight

:lol: :lol:
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

If that's for real... then that's pretty big news. Pity neither game interest me :(
David Carney

Post by David Carney »

Haha, so does that mean when x360 gets Fifa 08, PS3 gets Fifa 07 at the same time.... :P
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Thats a massive exclusive for MS. I had a read of the feed@Eurogamer but it doesnt say if its worldwide or just US/Europe (Read: US/Pal). If this is worldwide then it might help shift a few consoles in Japan since they are big on Winning Eleven. Sony will be quaking in their boots this Xmas, specially in Europe.

Welcome to the third place. ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

hahahha its official.... Sony are fucked!
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Ouch. That would be like taking Madden away from the PS3 in the US!
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Big blow for Sony. It's only this year's games though right? Not forever? So what they're basically saying is that FIFA 07 and PES 6 won't be released for PS3 (but will be on PS2 and PSP), but FIFA 08 and PES 7 will be available for all systems next year?
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

it's probably because there'll be fuck all userbase for ps3 if it even gets released on time so not really worth spending that time developing it to probably sell so little copies.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Massive news. Seeing how well football games sell in EU, that puts a massive dent in Sony's plans for hitting MS's weakspot for Massive Damage. 360 for the Xmas win!
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
mxlegend99
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Big blow for Sony. It's only this year's games though right? Not forever? So what they're basically saying is that FIFA 07 and PES 6 won't be released for PS3 (but will be on PS2 and PSP), but FIFA 08 and PES 7 will be available for all systems next year?
I'd say that's correct. I don't know why they're saying 12 months exclusive. It's really full exclusivity for the 07 games really. If they release them on PS3 a year later, i doubt they'd sell alongside the 08 games.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Texas wrote:Sony's plans for hitting MS's weakspot for Massive Damage.
Why is it that whenever I read that catchphrase, I nearly end up pissing myself?

Anyway, MS just seem to be bringing out the blows as far as exclusivity go... not sure how they're doing it, but it's incredible how much they're taking advantage of their one year head start.
Texas
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Shaneus wrote: Anyway, MS just seem to be bringing out the blows as far as exclusivity go... not sure how they're doing it, but it's incredible how much they're taking advantage of their one year head start.
A $400 million cash reserve helps kinda...
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Yes Microsoft, just like GTA4 at this year's E3..."exclusive"!!!! :lol:

Konami's clarification about Pro Evolution Soccer 6
2006-08-25

Some web sites have the report (or an expression which is possible to mislead) that Konami's soccer game "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" will be an exclusive title for Xbox 360, but such a fact doesn't exist.

We are developing "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" for multiple platforms to be played by many fans.
http://www.konami.jp/topics/2006/0825pes/

:fight
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Rocco wrote:
Konami's clarification about Pro Evolution Soccer 6
2006-08-25

Some web sites have the report (or an expression which is possible to mislead) that Konami's soccer game "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" will be an exclusive title for Xbox 360, but such a fact doesn't exist.

We are developing "Pro Evolution Soccer 6" for multiple platforms to be played by many fans.
http://www.konami.jp/topics/2006/0825pes/

:fight
Read the thread title carefully. It says nex gen exclusive. Absolutely no one is disputing its multiplatform.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

This is bad. Really bad.
This is no better than if Sony or EA were doing it.
:down:
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Meh I think it is fantastic. It's not a traditional exclusive anyhow. The devs just don't want to bother with a PS3 version of their games this year. MS are just beating it up to try and sway some next gen football players into buying their console.

I am surprised that EA didn't bother. Since when have they not bothered to rush a game out the door?
Ambrose Burnside

General Chaos wrote:I am surprised that EA didn't bother. Since when have they not bothered to rush a game out the door?
Maybe they know something we don't? Maybe they're focussing all their energies on PS3 Madden because...

... NO PAL PS3 THIS YEAR!!! :o
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Hey I didn't want to say it!
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

General Chaos wrote:I am surprised that EA didn't bother. Since when have they not bothered to rush a game out the door?
When they didn't release their 95% finished Madden on Dreamcast?
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

It's not exclusive, and it's not even 12 months exclusive (for PES)
This week, Microsoft made headlines when it declared that it had secured a year of next generation exclusivity for major upcoming soccer titles FIFA 07 from Electronic Arts and Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 6 from Konami. "I'm really pleased to be able to announce today that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will be an Xbox 360 next-generation exclusive for the next twelve month," said Xbox Europe head Chris Lewis during its Games Convention press conference. "I'm also really happy to be able to announce that FIFA 07 will also be a next-gen exclusive on Xbox 360 for the next twelve months. So, whether you prefer FIFA 07 or Pro Evolution Soccer 6, as a football fan you need look no further than Xbox 360 because you won't be able to get them on any other next generation platform. Xbox 360 owns football." Microsoft later issued a press release confirming the news.

However, speaking to 1UP today, Konami's Winning Eleven creator and producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka stated that Konami has no such agreement with Microsoft, and that apparently Microsoft's announcement has "caused some issues" with Konami, which has for many years enjoyed a strong relationship with Sony. "The presentation was misleading," he said, referring to Microsoft's press conference. "We never said exclusive for one year on the next-gen platforms. We said this year. We were agreed that it was this year." Apparently, the reason Konami will not be launching the PS3 version of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 alongside its Xbox 360 version is simply that the game is not far enough along. Though it will definitely not ship in calendar year 2006, it may be released next spring.

1UP goes on to claim that, according to unspecified sources, EA's FIFA 07 may also not be next-gen exclusive to Xbox 360 for Microsoft's promised twelve months.
Ambrose Burnside

Microsoft are allowed to make stuff up though. Because they're not Sony.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

i didn't get the part where rocco said gta4 isn't exclusive - what happened while i wasn't paying attention?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Rocco wrote:Yes Microsoft, just like GTA4 at this year's E3..."exclusive"!!!! :lol:
From E3 itself.
Microsoft and Rockstar games have entered into an exclusive partnership to provide exclusive episodic content through Xbox Live.
Nobody ever said a damn thing about GTA4 being exclusive. Jesus you make so many dumbass assumptions.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

:roll:

If you actually watched MS’s E3 06 presentation, Peter Moore rolled up his shit, showed off a massive tattoo to the camera that read “Grand Theft Auto 4”, shouted out "exclusive"/ "coming to 360 first", and the audience went ballistic.

Rockstar Games then issued an immediate press release stating the exclusive was “exclusive episodic content via Xbox Live”, and that GTA4 will be launching simultaneously with the PS3.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2

Post by Talez »

Actually thats a direct quote from engadget's live keynote coverage.

Maybe you were suffering from such a traumatic shock that you put in false memories to cover the real ones.