Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Alan Wake Trailer

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Yeah, I grabbed it even though I already have it on 360. $4 was too good to ignore, and as I'm going PC only next-gen I do want to slowly pick up the PC versions of games I already have on console.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Picked this up for $5 bucks on the 360 to.. I am kind of enjoying the end of gen cheap gaming that is to be had, spending the time catching up on the games I didn't have time for or didn't want to pay a lot for the last few years.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Who else bagged this for $4!? I finished episode 1 last night. Damn Remedy are good at story telling through games. The manuscript pick-ups add to the Silent Hill 2 feel I get from this. It's like a HBO take on Silent Hill 2. Slicker, better acting, bigger set pieces and making it work. Not as twisted as SH2 though.
Not yet anyway. Maybe I'll find a few sexualised zombies later on.
Me! Wow, you're not wrong! I'm super impressed by this game and I've only played the first 90 minutes. I really, really don't see how the intro was cheesy at all as mech stresses. It's done superbly. Maybe it helps that the other game I started played, Assassin's Creed II, has a terrible start to the game and is far, far more cheesy than this game.

I can't play scary games, so this is the right amount of scary for me. I can understand that people are saying it's not scary enough, kinda like when people say 'this curry isn't hot' and my mouth is on fire.

Anyway, Remedy seem to have done a great job on this and I feel bad for ignoring it earlier. Can't wait to get stuck into the rest of it, had to put it down due to bloody work!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Finally clocked this, has anyone tried the DLC? The Signal and The Writer I believe they're called.

Also American Nightmares? I did enjoy the game, it feels wrong I only paid $4.95 for it.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Started it but did so after a break from the main game and was getting nailed. They ratcheted up the difficulty. Will get back to.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Pep, since you're a self-confessed Remedy fanboy you may be interested in this interview:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/22/51331 ... -narrative" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Forgot to post this when I caught it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we get that sequel after all.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/remed ... 0-6468147/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;