Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Madden 07 Wii gameplay

Post by GreyWizzard »

Really good video, really shows how the wiimote is going to be used during play. Graphically it looks pretty good for the system.
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

I can't help but laugh everytime I see how complicated/difficult and useless the Wiimote is.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Well one thing I've got to say looking at him just navigating the menu's, the pointer seems pretty damn accurate and stable... kind of like a laser pointer or something.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Sonic Jam wrote:I can't help but laugh everytime I see how complicated/difficult and useless the Wiimote is.
:run:

Looks fine to me in Mario and Wii Airplane , but I guess I'm more optimistic about it than some. Here's hoping theres a VC version of Speedball 2 on the MegaDrive :up: [/random want list]
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I've got an idea for an even better menu navigation device: a d-pad. No no, wait, a mouse!

Anyway, what Sonic_Jam said.

and Grey, it's such a blurry video, pretty tough to tell how good the graphics are.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I dont know about you guys, but everytime I hear him say 'Wii' I giggle :\
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I'm sure you could probably use the dpad to navigate the menu's, what I meant is that I've felt a little skeptical still about how accurate the Wii's pointer would be considering it uses a sensor bar and it's unfamiliar tech, seeing it in action has quashed some of my fears about how accurate it is, but it's still up to each individual game as to how it's implemented ie that Steel game having preset slashes etc.

The rest of the game kind of reminded me of a strategy game from what I saw flicking through it... is this what Madden is normally like? Setting out the plays and throws and shit? I thought it was a real time action/sports game...

edit: I had another look and did see some gameplay in it, but it seems very stop-starty... not really all that appealing. I'm biased though in that sports games, especially NFL or rugby etc has never really interested me.

Good to see that the wii is nice and accurate though.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I can think of no reason why the samecube couldn't run EA's current Madden engine at 480p.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Looks identical to 06 on Xbox in terms of graphics, and I mean identical.

The playcalling system is fucked, just like it is on 360. If it ain't broke don't fix it retards.

As far as gameplay goes, they really didn't show much. And what they did show...well Sonic Jam said it all. Contrary to what I initially thought when the Wii controller was first shown, this is going to be an utter abortion of a game I suspect. I question whether one will be able to make pre-play adjustments with any kind of speed like you can on conventional controllers.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

how was that complicated, difficult, or useless?
i know nothing of madden (and don't really give a shit), but really, SHOCK HORROR TRADITIONAL BUTTON HEAVY GAME CONTROLS DIFFERENTLY ON NON-TRADITONAL CONTROLLER WITH LESS BUTTONS
:rolleyes:
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well it was useless because it's taking a complex game and turning it into an unnecessary mess.

Seems you're better off buying Madden on the original Xbox since you get the same visuals with better controls.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

yeah, probably
i don't think madden is going to be a system-seller, but maybe it'll be nice for the three americans who buy the wii and want to play some gridiron
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard